Appeals which have been closed.
ShadowedEnvy
Byond Username: ShadowedEnvy

[Thunder12345] ShadowedEnvy

Post by ShadowedEnvy » #720795

BYOND account:

Ban/note type (Check what applies): Server Ban

Ban/note length: Permanent
Ban/note reason: Exploit abuse to get onto CentCom with the stated intent of griefing a group of russian players playing mafia ("They just started a mafia game" "Let's go break in"). Refused to give up the exploit when asked. Appeal on the forums when you're ready to explain how the exploit works.
Time ban was placed: 2023-09-23 20:31:00
Server you were playing on when banned: Campbell
Round ID in which ban was placed: 215109

Why are you making this appeal?: I was permabanned and I want another chance

Why should this appeal be accepted?: I already explained the exploit to Vekter (as shown in my previous appeal), I wasn't acting maliciously when I did the exploit, and I didn't realize at the time that using the exploit was against the rules. I apologize for being rude when confronted by the admin, and I won't break the rules on Campbell anymore, even if they go against the server's "culture", as I put it previously. I also now know that a ban appeal isn't the right place to argue about policy. (Obviously, in retrospect)
Last edited by ShadowedEnvy on Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ShadowedEnvy

Re: [Thunder12345] ShadowedEnvy

Post by ShadowedEnvy » #720906

Also, is there a way to see my old appeal? I can barely remember all this to be honest, and it'd help to be able to see what I said last time.
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #720909

ShadowedEnvy wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:33 am Also, is there a way to see my old appeal? I can barely remember all this to be honest, and it'd help to be able to see what I said last time.
howdy, i believe this is the original appeal:

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=35001&p=705390

hope this helps!
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
ShadowedEnvy

Post by ShadowedEnvy » #720910

Thank you!
Thunder11
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thunder12345
Github Username: Thunder12345

Post by Thunder11 » #721265

In line with this part of the ban reason
Appeal on the forums when you're ready to explain how the exploit works.
Can you post your explanation of the exploit, please.
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
That's thinking on your feet, soldier!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578
ShadowedEnvy

Post by ShadowedEnvy » #721267

Quoting from the original appeal:

You just quantum pad from another shuttle to the shuttle z-level, then quantum pad over to the cargo shuttle and hide in a wrenched locker which stops you being sold

(I wouldn't remember if not for that)
Thunder11
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thunder12345
Github Username: Thunder12345

Post by Thunder11 » #721559

Thank you, that explanation along with an apology were all I was looking for since the first appeal, and I'm happy to finally put this one to bed. Ban lifted, be free.
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
That's thinking on your feet, soldier!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578