[Discord - Hulkmania] Ban appeal #2

Appeals which have been closed.
robustgamer22217
Byond Username: Evafan

[Discord - Hulkmania] Ban appeal #2

Post by robustgamer22217 » #721115

Discord username: dr.fauci2117

Commonly used names: faust main, human rights enjoyer, evafan, Duandale Bingle

Ban reason: had a very long period of silence on the discord (you joined in March and didn't make a single post until last month) and your first post was to immediately start stirring up trouble. When I asked you about why you chose now to start being active in the discord you continually dodged the question, first making a joke about me being a "federal agent sent you investigate you" then you proclaimed it was because you just didn't feel like talking, then you said it was because "you were lazy" ; copied as a main reason from Hulkmania's post in my last appeal.

Time ban was placed: about 2/2.5 months ago.

Your side of the story: Firstly and most importantly, I'd like to apologize for my behavior and posting in bad-faith for the sake of stirring up trouble. I understand that it was very insensitive of me to spam the discord with my shitty copypasta for some shallow clout, and bother the admins, especially when the topic at hand was players sending messages to the admins, telling them to kill themselves. I didn't show even the most basic respect or care for the feelings of others, and I acknowledge that what I did was very, very wrong. I came here mostly to do just that. I was an asshole and did a moronic thing, got whacked for it. I'll understand if knowing this, you guys won't accept me into your discord server anymore. As for my side of the story:

I was genuinely afk'ing in the server until I heard about Talon being banned and the ban-wave that resulted with it due to players sending death threats to CentCom (admins). I got upset and lashed out at the admins for being 'unjust' (even though it was Talon who did wrong, and not you guys); and started spamming a copypasta about admins 'Quality Control banning everyone', went around and pestered Cheshify (then head admin) about their stance regarding policies of the server, I'm sorry but I don't exactly remember, except for the fact that they asked me to stop and I kept asking questions. Had a rant about NRP servers (or something like that) and I think afterward Hulkmania asked me what the hell I was doing; I refused to answer him, instead spouting moronic shit like him being a 'federal agent sent to investigate me' or something to that extent. Lastly, since I sensed a ban incoming, I egged him on, called him a janny (if memory serves correct) and told him to 'just ban me already, since he likes banning people so much'. I think I also told him that I was indeed a bad faith player at the very end, just as he suspected.

Please forgive me if I forgot anything, as this happened 2 months ago and the facts are getting a little fuzzy in my head. Alright; Hulkmania, I'm sorry dude, I know you guys do the most thankless and stressful job in the community, which is governing a bunch of man-children like me from running at each others throats, without being recognized or appreciated in any way, and all I did was belittle you and refuse to acknowledge your questions. I could come up with excuses such as 'I was angry and it was late'; but really, there is no excuse for what I did, especially since I had anger issues before. I can at least say that I tried to keep my nose clean in-game, and tried to be more polite and generally improve my ticket conduct.
And in case you were wondering, I gave up on coding in SS13 for the time being, since it's surprisingly hard (for someone so green in the topic like me), hence why I left the coderbus server. I guess I like /tg/ and your community enough to ask for a second chance. I know it's cliche at this point, especially from my mouth, but I want to change.
Hulkamania
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Hulkamania

Re: [Discord - Hulkmania] Ban appeal #2

Post by Hulkamania » #721176

If you'd like to get more help with coding, a lot of people are pretty helpful in the TG coding channels if you explain to them that you're brand new, which you can now do because I'm lifting this ban.
robustgamer22217
Byond Username: Evafan

Post by robustgamer22217 » #721205

Thank you.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #721237

You're also unbanned.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you