Ban/note type (Check what applies):
() - Server Ban<------
() - Note
() - Forum Ban
() - Discord Ban

Ban/note length: Permanent
Ban/note reason: Alt of ragingbull1
Time ban was placed: 2023-05-25 22:08:49
Server you were playing on when banned: Forgot, probably EU one.
Round ID in which ban was placed: 206897

Why are you making this appeal?(Check what applies):
() - The ban/note is factually incorrect
() - The ban/note is not against the rules
() - The ban/note needs modification
() - The ban was unjustifiably harsh
() - I was permabanned and I want another chance<------

Why should this appeal be accepted?:

Hi tgstation Mods,

I messed up by trolling on an alt account a few months back, and it got linked to my main. I genuinely regret it and realize it was a mistake. I promise not to cause any trouble and just want to enjoy playing on tg station. I've learned my lesson and will follow the rules.

Thanks for considering my appeal.

Best,
GenesisGamer
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: [<EnderSub9>] GenesisGamer - Banned for griefing on an alt

Post by Vekter » #721406

I'm going to send this to endersub9 to have them look at it, but please understand the following: You have a list of accounts you've used to evade over the last few years roughly a mile and a half long.

I need to know exactly which account your first one is for us to actually sit down and untangle this bullshit and for you to have a chance at being unbanned, as you need to appeal your original ban before anyone considers lifting your numerous evasion bans.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
genesisgamer
Byond Username: GenesisGamer

Post by genesisgamer » #721411

Vekter wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:10 pm I'm going to send this to endersub9 to have them look at it, but please understand the following: You have a list of accounts you've used to evade over the last few years roughly a mile and a half long.

I need to know exactly which account your first one is for us to actually sit down and untangle this bullshit and for you to have a chance at being unbanned, as you need to appeal your original ban before anyone considers lifting your numerous evasion bans.
Hey, thanks for hearing me out. It's a bit fuzzy on my first account, but I'm usually rolling with GenesisGamer. Yeah, I had a phase where I made some extra accounts. I was going through a rough patch. Life's different now, got things on track, and I'm not into stirring up drama anymore. You live, you learn, right? Hoping you can cut me some slack. Cheers for understanding.
Medic
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: EnderSub9

Post by Medic » #721437

Doing some digging on my end reveals either testy6000 or rollhamice to be your original account. Sadly all the context that offers us is that you were banned for being an "Obvious grief account."

If either of those names jogs your memory you can try and provide us with some context we can use to dig up more information if you wish to pursue trying to appeal your original ban. Otherwise I'm willing to go ahead and unban you if you can come back in 6 months (a year from your latest ban) with a minimum of 100 hours on a different server and no notes (with some potential exceptions for server specific rules or very minor notes). I find that to be a fair way to prove that you have indeed lived and learned.
genesisgamer

Post by genesisgamer » #721444

Medic wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:07 am Doing some digging on my end reveals either testy6000 or rollhamice to be your original account. Sadly all the context that offers us is that you were banned for being an "Obvious grief account."

If either of those names jogs your memory you can try and provide us with some context we can use to dig up more information if you wish to pursue trying to appeal your original ban. Otherwise I'm willing to go ahead and unban you if you can come back in 6 months (a year from your latest ban) with a minimum of 100 hours on a different server and no notes (with some potential exceptions for server specific rules or very minor notes). I find that to be a fair way to prove that you have indeed lived and learned.
I've got rollhamice noted down on my computer, along with a bunch of other alt accounts. It seems like the system might have tagged one of those alts as the first one. Just to give you some context, I go by GenesisGamer everywhere. I used those alts for some not-so-great stuff like griefing and evading bans, which is probably the reason for the original ban. I get that it was wrong, and I'm looking to make things right now.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #721449

For record's sake, head admins have given endersub9 permission to handle all bans against GenesisGamer's accounts as the original admin who banned the vast majority of them (Phuzzylodgik) has been MIA/busy with IRL issues.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

Medic
In-Game Admin

Post by Medic » #721472

Making things right is what I'm here for right now, sadly without a ban reason to appeal and 10+ banned alts we have to go about this the long way by proving you have indeed changed with a record of good behavior. I would like this in the form of you getting 100 hours on a server you aren't banned on without any major notes or rulebreaks, if you manage this I'll take that as proof of you having changed from your ban evasion days and happily unban you.
genesisgamer

Post by genesisgamer » #721476

Medic wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:15 am Making things right is what I'm here for right now, sadly without a ban reason to appeal and 10+ banned alts we have to go about this the long way by proving you have indeed changed with a record of good behavior. I would like this in the form of you getting 100 hours on a server you aren't banned on without any major notes or rulebreaks, if you manage this I'll take that as proof of you having changed from your ban evasion days and happily unban you.
Thanks for considering it. Honestly, I'm all about TG and not really into other servers. If getting those hours elsewhere is the deal, I get it, but TG is where I love to be. If it's not doable, no hard feelings. Thanks for taking the time to look into this.
Medic
In-Game Admin

Post by Medic » #721477

genesisgamer wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:32 am Thanks for considering it. Honestly, I'm all about TG and not really into other servers. If getting those hours elsewhere is the deal, I get it, but TG is where I love to be. If it's not doable, no hard feelings. Thanks for taking the time to look into this.
Sadly I don't really see a way forward without having you build up a positive record on a different server. If you ever feel like giving a server besides TG a shot the offer will still stand, however until you build up that record this appeal is denied. I hope you can manage to find a server you enjoy enough to give a shot.
genesisgamer

Post by genesisgamer » #721546

I get where you're coming from, and I respect your decision. TG's my jam, though, and it's hard to imagine finding the same vibe elsewhere. If there's any wiggle room to sort things here, I'm all for proving I've changed. Let me know if we can work something out. Thanks for listening.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #721594

genesisgamer wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:28 pm I get where you're coming from, and I respect your decision. TG's my jam, though, and it's hard to imagine finding the same vibe elsewhere. If there's any wiggle room to sort things here, I'm all for proving I've changed. Let me know if we can work something out. Thanks for listening.
I recommend trying out Beestation. Monkestation is also good but I want to say we don't allow vouches from there since it's a streamer-run server.
Spoiler:

genesisgamer

Post by genesisgamer » #721677

Vekter wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:33 pm
genesisgamer wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:28 pm I get where you're coming from, and I respect your decision. TG's my jam, though, and it's hard to imagine finding the same vibe elsewhere. If there's any wiggle room to sort things here, I'm all for proving I've changed. Let me know if we can work something out. Thanks for listening.
I recommend trying out Beestation. Monkestation is also good but I want to say we don't allow vouches from there since it's a streamer-run server.
Appreciate the suggestion, but I'm pretty tied up with active duty in the army, so my gaming time is limited. I enjoy hopping on TG for a round or two when I can, and it's the OG vibe that keeps me coming back. I respect your process, but diving deep into another server isn't really feasible for me with my schedule. If there's any other way we can work this out, I'm all ears. TG is where it's at for me.
Medic
In-Game Admin

Post by Medic » #722102

After making this appeal you have received the following ban on MonkeStation
As a non-antagonist engineer, looted an SSD assistant within 2 minutes of latejoining, broke into a security checkpoint in 5 minutes, didn't seem to care that what they did was wrong, and then proceeded to say "stop assaulting me, im not a black man". This is clearly a grief account. Along with the numerous alt accounts.
I'm taking this as evidence that you have not changed from your original ban and have no hope of acquiring a vouch.

This appeal is denied.