qfmysteryman23
Byond Username: Qfmysteryman23

[Iansdoor] Qfmysteryman23- bullshit ban

Post by qfmysteryman23 » #722020

BYOND account: Qfmysteryman23

Ban/note type: ban
() - Server Ban

Ban/note length: 3 weeks
Ban/note reason: Banned from Roles: Abductor, Xenomorph, Blob, Blood Brother, Changeling, Cultist, Heretic, Hivemind Host, Malf AI, Space Ninja, Operative, Syndicate Mutineer, Revolutionary, Revenant, Head Revolutionary, Sentient Disease, Spider, Syndicate, Traitor, Wizard for 3 weeks - Roundstart suicided, When asked why, "Cause I'm about the leave." This looks like antagrolling and why join the round when you are about to leave.
Time ban was placed: 2024-02-21
Server you were playing on when banned: Sybil
Round ID in which ban was placed: N/A

I got banned for supposedly "antag rolling" which is absolute bullshit. I suicided because I was gonna get off the game for the night. I was scrolling through discord and forgot to close out. I got boinked, I then told the admin that I was getting off for the night and I left the game and didn't come back.
iansdoor
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Iansdoor

Re: [Iansdoor] Qfmysteryman23- bullshit ban

Post by iansdoor » #722032

Howdy there, let's pick up where we left off.
► Show Spoiler
The issue here is that you joined the round, and ~20 seconds. Suicided on the spot as paramedic and your reason was "cause I 'm about to leave." So what was your intention to joining the round if you were leaving anyways? You suicided immediately.
Scriptis
Byond Username: Scriptis

Post by Scriptis » #722034

Of note, Qfmysteryman23 appears to have also suicided at or near the start of the round in 224033, 223565, and 223618. This ban appears to have been placed in 224333.

224033 started 2024-02-16 04:51:02. Qfmysteryman23 joined Manuel and Sybil in the 2 subsequent hours as an observer, and then signed off for the night.
223565 started 2024-02-08 04:11:33. Qfmysteryman23 observed the next shift, and then signed off for the night.
223618 started 2024-02-09 04:14:32. Qfmysteryman23 took a Regal rat, joined Manuel for a new shift an hour later, and then signed off for the night.
224333 started 2024-02-21 05:14:22. Qfmysteryman23 signed off for the night after the above conversation.

Readying up for a shift you aren't going to play multiple times like this while signing off for the night, especially with a timeframe this narrow, looks like antag rolling just before bed.
qfmysteryman23

Post by qfmysteryman23 » #722047

Yeah, I usually commit suicide before I leave. I've been doing that for years now. Also I don't remember observing to be the same as antag rolling.... Like on 224033. When I go from Sybil to manuel, its either because I died, nothing is going on, or it has a higher pop. Also yeah, I often instinctually ready up and often scroll on my phone and get distracted. Either way, from now on if I'm getting off the game, I'll make sure to not join the game.
iansdoor
In-Game Admin

Post by iansdoor » #722049

qfmysteryman23 wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:45 am Yeah, I usually commit suicide before I leave. I've been doing that for years now. Also I don't remember observing to be the same as antag rolling.... Like on 224033. When I go from Sybil to manuel, its either because I died, nothing is going on, or it has a higher pop. Also yeah, I often instinctually ready up and often scroll on my phone and get distracted. Either way, from now on if I'm getting off the game, I'll make sure to not join the game.
I love Scriptis, you can ignore him, we are just continuing this ticket as that is why you are here.

You left me hanging when I was replying to you. Roundstart suicide will net you ban as that is against the rules if there is zero IC reason behind the action. I will say with myself and others. There will be more leniency if you press f1 and say "hey I fucked up and I was going to bed. Do you mind helping me or am I free to go.?" To which, we all have done that before. Do you understand what I am asking for?

Also what is the purpose of your appeal? Did you need me to do something about the ban?
qfmysteryman23

Post by qfmysteryman23 » #722056

iansdoor wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:21 am
qfmysteryman23 wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:45 am Yeah, I usually commit suicide before I leave. I've been doing that for years now. Also I don't remember observing to be the same as antag rolling.... Like on 224033. When I go from Sybil to manuel, its either because I died, nothing is going on, or it has a higher pop. Also yeah, I often instinctually ready up and often scroll on my phone and get distracted. Either way, from now on if I'm getting off the game, I'll make sure to not join the game.
I love Scriptis, you can ignore him, we are just continuing this ticket as that is why you are here.

You left me hanging when I was replying to you. Roundstart suicide will net you ban as that is against the rules if there is zero IC reason behind the action. I will say with myself and others. There will be more leniency if you press f1 and say "hey I fucked up and I was going to bed. Do you mind helping me or am I free to go.?" To which, we all have done that before. Do you understand what I am asking for?

Also what is the purpose of your appeal? Did you need me to do something about the ban?

I understand, and I'm appealing because I'd rather not be banned from antag roles (and I think even ghost roles?) for 3 weeks because of a misunderstanding.
iansdoor
In-Game Admin

Post by iansdoor » #722069

qfmysteryman23 wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:14 am

I understand, and I'm appealing because I'd rather not be banned from antag roles (and I think even ghost roles?) for 3 weeks because of a misunderstanding.
There really isn't a misunderstanding here from me. I'll clarify what I expect out of you, so you can go back to "yeah yeah, I will remember to make effort to play and enjoy and bother admins to give me things to do."

Roundstart suiciding as a non-antag is a no-go.
Delayed suiciding but telling someone IC and doing something that benefits the station a significant way, is bit better.
This satisfies the minimum interaction requirement for joining a round.

Roundstart D/C is a no-go.
Afking Roundstart till you roll antag is a no-go.
Doing something for like 12 minutes or chatting with a few folks in the bar and then disconnecting for the rest of the round is bit better.
This satisfies the minimum interaction for joining a round.

I am not asking for alot here, but any interaction with you and crew is better for overall environment. Can you agree that is the rules and understand the intention of you playing?
qfmysteryman23

Post by qfmysteryman23 » #722138

I understand
iansdoor
In-Game Admin

Post by iansdoor » #722240

qfmysteryman23 wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:22 am I understand
Alright, if I am filling in the blank, are you considering pressing f1 or telling someone in IC that "I gotta go, sorry." when joining roundstart at the end of the night?
► Show Spoiler
qfmysteryman23

Post by qfmysteryman23 » #722245

yessir, I would tell an admin to give my role up to a ghost. If no admin is on, I would say "I gotta go" and go to a dorm room and log off.
iansdoor
In-Game Admin

Post by iansdoor » #722262

qfmysteryman23 wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 3:34 am yessir, I would tell an admin to give my role up to a ghost. If no admin is on, I would say "I gotta go" and go to a dorm room and log off.
I would love that and appreciate it! Let me go thru all 18 separate bans. I'll make sure that everything is good! Thank you for the appeal!