[NecromancerAnne] Osump - missunderstanding dodging matches???

Appeals which have been closed.
Osump
Byond Username: Osump

[NecromancerAnne] Osump - missunderstanding dodging matches???

Post by Osump » #722802

BYOND account:

Ban/note type (Check what applies):
(Y) - Server Ban
(Y) - Note
() - Forum Ban
() - Discord Ban

Ban/note length: 1 day
Ban/note reason: (attached below)
Time ban was placed:3/1/2024
Server you were playing on when banned: manual
Round ID in which ban was placed:224825

Why are you making this appeal?(Check what applies):
() - The ban/note is factually incorrect
() - The ban/note is not against the rules
(Y) - The ban/note needs modification
() - The ban was unjustifiably harsh
() - I was permabanned and I want another chance

Why should this appeal be accepted?:you said to come and explain my self, reason being i mostly leave either due to low pop players like 10 people on board or even less, and small matches i leave cause of the huge amount of lagg, i don't play in US but somewhere far from there with 3G internet, thas all i have to say
Attachments
note
note
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Re: [NecromancerAnne] Osump - missunderstanding dodging matches???

Post by NecromancerAnne » #722875

Hi, thank you for appealing. I want to also point out that this day ban also has come parceled with a permanent antagonist ban.

After noticing you suicide in the round that this was placed and someone ahelping to point it out, I did some investigating into your previous rounds to see whether or not you stuck around for the full length of it.

While in some rounds you did, your average lifespan was usually fairly brief before hanging about in deadchat for the remainder. Usually this gave me the sense that you were waiting for midrounds/ghostroles after dying. This is not usually a problem until it is consistent. At which point, one has to ask whether or not it is trying to maximize the potential for antagonist roles.

In most other rounds where this didn't take place, you logged off or committed suicide remarkably fast. More than once or twice joining and instantly logging off. These are the more clear cut rounds where this appears to be fairly flagrant antag rolling.

The rounds you consistently played to completion were ones you got antagonist on. You were also only engaged when ghost roles were offered, particularly antagonistic ones.

I am going to be very blunt from here on out. Making the claim that you logged off because of latency problems because you're outside of the US is a genuinely ineffective argument with me when I've dealt with this same problem, on a similarly shitty network, for my entire time on this server. I understand that it is going to vary quite considerably based on location to the server. But I have a fairly intimate knowledge of how it is to be experiencing latency enough to make the game unplayable, you would have felt it on the lobby screen. Byond screams to a grinding halt once you're above 300ms, and everything would have been telling you (as well as the ping indicator on the first tab to the right) that you are going to suffer performance issues. If you are deliberately ignoring these warnings and just logging off again and again, it is time to consider that maybe you literally cannot reasonably play here if it isn't up to a standard you can tolerate.

I have my doubts in this regard, because it definitely didn't stop you from playing out the all the antagonist rounds you got this week, so I guess it must be latency that conveniently goes away when you're antagonist.

As for population being low, there are two locations to check for this. Status tab before joining and the Who verb in OOC. You've played long enough, I think you should know where these are by now. If you don't want to play lowpop, just check the server count before joining. This argument is even worse than the latency one; you have all the information available to you before you join to make an informed decision on this. To still join and then immediately log off? You're antag rolling. That's it.

This is denied. The only chance this is getting appealed is if you actually consistently continue to play despite the inability to play antagonists. If there are rounds you are still able to play on due to periods of reduced ping issues, I would hope you see them played to full.
Osump
Byond Username: Osump

Re: [NecromancerAnne] Osump - missunderstanding dodging matches???

Post by Osump » #722881

oke doki mate, not going to argue since I can't do anything about it, anyways have fun!