Post by HondaMothra » #722981

BYOND account: HomoBird

Ban/note type (Check what applies): Ban
() - Server Ban Yes
() - Note No
() - Forum Ban No
() - Discord Ban No

Ban/note length: Permanent
Ban/note reason: Killbaiting as a non-antagonist. Started randomly shoving a detective for seemingly no valid reason which escalated into a conflict where they stripped the detective of their backpack and went SSD in the toilets. Your past history shows that you aren't really here to do any sort of roleplay and aren't getting the memo that provoking people fnr is not okay. Player was not online when this was reported, so appeal this if you believe anything here to be a mistake.
Time ban was placed: 2024-01-14 13:24:45
Server you were playing on when banned: Terry
Round ID in which ban was placed: 222172

I've had a little chat with WalterMeldron on Discord about this, and im gonna get to the point, me saying I won't ever tide again or something like that would just be lying on people's faces and wasting their time, so I don't want any of that, however, im aware that sometimes I cross the line between "acceptable" tiding and outright ruining someones round, that line is something I try my best to not cross and limit myself to minor annoyances, this ban was one of the times I crossed the line, at the time I didn't think it was too much, but thinking about it shortly after the ban is clear that for that person I potentially ruined their round by removing their tools to appropiately play his role, as I shouldn't have either done it or return his stuff shortly after.

The reason im making the appeal is because I enjoy playing on the server, I've played a bit around other servers but they just don't click in the same way, however I'm aware im not the type of player one would want to keep around specially if I keep crossing the line, all I can say is sorry for that person as I clearly lost control over the situation and to hope that I might get a chance as I think the amount of bans or notes I get have been decreasing over time, I still fuck up and make mistakes due to my way of play, and I respect the choice to uphold the ban, but I would really like to be able to play again on the server with the people I know.
Waltermeldron
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: WalterMeldron

Re: [WalterMeldron] Honda Mothra Permanent Ban

Post by Waltermeldron » #723011

I'm glad that you acknowledge you went too far this time.
I'm willing to give you a second chance as long as you tone down your behaviour. It's fine if you cause conflicts like these and escalate them to their most extreme as long as you have a good reason for starting them, but if you're doing it for no reason, then you should try to limit the extent at which you go towards.

I'll be lifting this ban.
HondaMothra
Byond Username: HomoBird

Re: [WalterMeldron] Honda Mothra Permanent Ban

Post by HondaMothra » #723072

Thanks for chance Walter.