[DISCORD] unparallelednovelty

Appeals which have been closed.
UnparalleledNovelty

[DISCORD] unparallelednovelty

Post by UnparalleledNovelty » #723243

Discord username: unparallelednovelty
Commonly used names: Novelty
Banning admin: Unknown
Ban reason: Unaware of the precise reason, but I assume it was due to what occured on Sunday March 3rd.
Time ban was placed: 8:00AM-9:00AM~
Your side of the story:

TLDR: My discord account was compromised and used to send malicious links to people; I have resecured it since then.

It was around 7:00AM when I woke up and around 8:00AM when I hopped on my laptop, I recieved a discord notification so I opened it and read a DM from a friend of mine deimos3023. He had made the remark- "Damn thats a shame- You got hacked". I immediately noticed what he was talking about and (I didn't screenshot it) I apparently sent two messages to him not too long before saying something along the lines of $50 steam gift, and a link that appeared as a link to the steamcommunity websit and had a embed saying it was a gift. I quickly went to my settings and the devices tab of discord and noticed (attached below) a image of one device connected on Google Chrome from Moscow, Russia. I terminated the session and enabled security keys while I worked on changing my passwords to various services and deleting what "I" had posted on various servers I was a part of and from a few DM's. It was only awhile later that I realized that /tg/station had been removed from my list of discord servers and I operated under the assumption that I had been banned. I was unable to attempt to even get a link to the discord or get on the forums due to the welcome website and the forums being unfunctional for me during that day and the following one.
Why you think you should be unbanned: My account was compromised and I did not maliciously post any links with the intention of getting any information about anyone, and I have resecured my account.

Gwyn
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Starlord_Gwyn

Re: [DISCORD] unparallelednovelty

Post by Gwyn » #723245

You're unbanned, glad to hear you got your account back! For anyone reading, please remember to use unique passwords for different accounts, use 2-factor authentification wherever you can and not to click on suspicious links.