Scriptis | Bingbong33

Appeals which have been closed.
timmystation98
Byond Username: Bingbong33

Scriptis | Bingbong33

Post by timmystation98 » #724067

Bingbong33, (unknown name of player at time of ban)
Banned from antagonist roles
Permanent
Antagonist rolling
2022-10-27
Round 193168
I was irresponsibly rolling for antagonist.
Antagonist rolling is child like and not fun for the average player. I recognize how unfair it is to other players for not playing a crew role. I have taken a large break (1-1/2 years?) I have learned over this time that the game consists of people taking turns playing different roles. It is a group experience. I will do my best to role play, and ensure a fun experience for everyone when on a RP server. I will make sure even on Low Role-play to be fair and not antagonist roll or break rules.
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Re: Scriptis | Bingbong33

Post by Archie700 » #724068

Moved topic to our ban appeals, TGMC is a separate server with its own database

Moreover, Scriptis is no longer an admin, admins have been informed
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #724070

Hey, I'll be taking this appeal on behalf of Scriptis in his absence.

For a lot of permanent bans, we typically employ a rule of thumb of time spent not playing usually means time spent doing hopefully something more productive. We've some methods for determining that if people disappear off to other servers to repeat their behaviour elsewhere. More than a few bans just get removed after a span of time simply because nobody around can remember the specific attitudes, history or circumstances of what caused the original ban to take place and there is no evidence to suggest they went elsewhere to keep menacing other servers, or alternatively maybe even demonstrated growth as a person that suggests improvement, which is always a good thing. And generally, we take it on good faith that years spent between then and now as a period of 'growing more mature with time'.

But personally, I actually don't believe that is true of antag rolling type bans. Explicitly, antag rolling bans are placed due to the fact that the ban in question suggests that the player is only interested in playing while they have access to the bad guy role. Without that role, they'll simply quit. And you absolutely quit. For two years. Permanent antag bans are almost a test of will, and once it is evident that someone who is antag rolling ostensibly just disappears rather than continues to play, we know why.

You've acknowledged this fact, and that's a good start. But unless you can point to anywhere you've consistently played on other servers (I'm not sure if you have or not from your post or if you stopped playing SS13 outright), and they are able to corroborate this, I can't tell if this is just going to be a cycle that repeats itself.

So how's about this. Give it about a month or so of consistent play. And if at the end of that period you demonstrate an interest in actually playing the game rather than just playing antagonist, then I think you should re-appeal, and you have my permission to do so and I will consider it. Does that sound fair?

And by consistent, I mean more than once every month at least. At the last point when you still could play antagonist, you seemed to have at least joined quite a few rounds a day. That's not actually necessary for 'consistent', but if you're at least playing a few rounds a week to completion within a month period, that's fine by me.
timmystation98

Post by timmystation98 » #724094

That's fine. I'll just play on other servers like I have been. Thanks! I've been playing on Beestation and Monkeystation.
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin

Post by NecromancerAnne » #724097

I could look into verifying that and if they let us know you've been playing fairly consistently and haven't been antagrolling, I can also accept that as reason enough to unban you here. Was it on this same account, or were you using an alternative account, and if so what is that account?
timmystation98

Post by timmystation98 » #724098

Yeah I just play on the one account. The Byond account is Bingbong33.
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin

Post by NecromancerAnne » #724243

We've received a reply. Sadly, while you' not had any notably bad behaviour elsewhere, you also don't have enough hours for me to be confident in lifting the ban. I'll have to see those hours put in somewhere that is actually visible for me or in a place we can verify to be confident about your commitment to not antag roll again. Bee is preferable.
timmystation98

Post by timmystation98 » #724277

So 180 hours on bee station doesn't count? No bad behavior? When I was antag rolling and got banned, I moved back to bee station and played for 1-1/2 years. I took the ban as a wake up call and started playing on role play servers instead of lrp. I learned my lesson, sent an apology, proved i have hours, proved i had no bad behavior on other servers. This is kinda ridiculous. If this is the way things are then maybe TG isn't for me. I'm not a robot after all.
timmystation98

Post by timmystation98 » #724304

I have very poor health and can't play for very long. I try to stay on as long as possible. In this time span I aim for a fun role play experience. I may not play much but I always think about others when playing. My ban was for antag rolling on multiple tg servers at the same time. Sybil, Manuel, and Terry. I got banned and I no longer do that. I try so hard when I do play.
Last edited by timmystation98 on Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #724306

hello,

anne has chosen to pass this onto headmins for review. we will be looking into this and will have a response that overturns or upholds the current ban. it may take a few days to a week or so. many thanks!
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Kieth4

Post by kieth4 » #724440

Heya man, we'd like to see a bit more playtime from you before being able to lift this as your playtime everywhere seems abysmal. Give us a good 20-25 rounds of you playing and then feel free to re-appeal.