Appeals which have been closed.
Maximus15
Byond Username: Maximus15

[DISCORD] magzimus

Post by Maximus15 » #724967

Discord username: magzimus
Commonly used names: Maximus
Ban reason: Posting a meme with doxxing in it
Time ban was placed: — 01/07/2024 03:28 UTC+1 (GMT+1)
Your side of the story: I posted an image of twitter user vlonepredator responding to a fake doxx of himself on twitter, which, due to the inclusion of doxxing, is against the rules, and I was banned for it. This was, additionally, the second time that I had posted something relating to doxxing.
Why you think you should be unbanned: There is a reason to why I broke the same rule twice. And that reason, is that I genuinely, completely forgot that the rule even existed, since two years had passed since my first warning against posting anything doxxing-related. In hindsight, it should have been pretty obvious that posting such a thing would've been in poor taste, due in part to the fact that after having reflected on it, I realised that even according to my own moral code, doxxing is something reprehensible.

Because of this, I'd like to apologize for what I had done, and, would like to promise that it won't happen again, and that if I happened to get unbanned from the discord, I'd give the rules a more thorough read. I never was one to cause controversy, since I mostly just dwelled in the politics-containment channel, shitposting and engaging in ""intellectual debates"".

With all that I said in mind, please consider removing my ban.
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Re: [DISCORD] magzimus

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #724992

Lifted. Before I close this though, I've gotta read off the legalese real quick that doxxing is against discord ToS/community guidelines, and regardless of us having a rule against it ourselves it'd still be something that we'd have to ban users for.
I don't think there's any proof that the dox was fake, too, so despite the fact that it was taken humorously it's still Very Much Against The Rules to post or even have on the discord server.

I understand it was a funny joke, and the fact that vlonepredator's taken it in good humor with a response to the doxed photo with "this is how I would look if I was black or chinese" is why you're getting unbanned right now- just don't do it again, please!
You should be able to rejoin the discord server whenever.
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
Maximus15
Byond Username: Maximus15

Re: [DISCORD] magzimus

Post by Maximus15 » #725074

Got it, thank you.