I was banned for no reason.

Appeals which have been closed.
Lightfeather57

I was banned for no reason.

Post by Lightfeather57 » #4596

Byond account and character name: Lightfeather57/Non appicable
Banning admin: Bluespace
Ban reason and length: Metacommunication with Badgirl420, griefing(Murding while non-antag)/Permanent ban. :/
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2014-03-17 21:14:26
Your side of the story: I haven't played on the server in well over 5 months and when i tried to play, it said I was banned, and I don't understand why. The last time I played was in December.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I was banned wrongfully and the person that was banned isn't me.
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Re: I was banned for no reason.

Post by Bluespace » #4597

Do you by any chance use an ISP that cycles IPs?
I'll be looking into this, a few things don't add up.
I play Boris Pepper.
Lightfeather57

Post by Lightfeather57 » #4599

Yeah, my internet provider, Comcast, uses dynamic IP's if that matters.
Hornygranny
Horny Police
Byond Username: Hornygranny

Post by Hornygranny » #4601

You are being blocked because you were playing on the same computer ID as Nic131, who was banned for griefing. Given the amount of keys and IPs associated with that CID, I'm inclined to think it's a bug with the database. I do have some concerns about your connection history, however.

475 days ago while playing with the key lightfeather10, you got jobbans from heads for suiciding at round start while a head.
473 days ago, the key lightfeather57 connects for the first time.
330 days ago, while playing with the key lightfeather57, you got jobbans from silicons for breaking laws.
328 days ago, while playing on the key lightfeather10, you got jobbans from silicons for breaking laws. At this point you are evading a ban.
325 days ago, acroboy13 shows up. I wonder why you were on a new key?

All of these connections are a match for your IP.
Lightfeather57

Post by Lightfeather57 » #4602

Lightfeather57 is myself, Lightfeather10 is my brother and Acroboy13 is one of my friends, we are all on the same IP because we live in the same house, sorry if that sounds shifty but that's how it is.
Thor Vhalhallan

Post by Thor Vhalhallan » #4604

Hey guys, Lightfeather10 is my Byond key. Yes, we have the same IP because we usually play in my house, and we're all through a router. The silicon ban I got a while ago was for misinterpreting a Ion law, and got a week ban. My brother got a silicon ban 2 days before for killing braindeads as a borg. We have never metacommunicated, and as I am a regular here, and stalk the forums quite regularly, I emphasized the rules to them when they started playing. I can clarify any other info you guys need, and if need be I can get photo evidence that we are separate people.

EDIT: Also this is a new account, as apparently your guys' forum doesn't like sending confirmation emails to Comcast.net addresses, so you know. I thought that was odd, too.

EDIT2: Also, you can look up Lightfeather10 over on SS13.eu, I have a couple of posts over there.
Hornygranny
Horny Police

Post by Hornygranny » #4608

That would explain the appearance of multiple CIDs on your shared IP. The CID ban that's keeping you out is associated with another IP address from a different state that only played on one day before getting banned. The strange thing is that it does appear to belong to one of your computers, but there are lots of IPs and accounts from other states that are logged as having connected to it. Can you think of any reason that might be?
Thor Vhalhallan

Post by Thor Vhalhallan » #4610

That's really strange. I have no idea why that is... My brother was using a WiFi USB adapter for a while. He's using my dads former computer, as I built him a new one for Christmas. We did a factory restore, and then upgraded it back to Windows 7 32-bit. Would any of those have a correlation?
Hornygranny
Horny Police

Post by Hornygranny » #4615

No, it's the IPs that are confusing to me. The most common listed are you, then the UK, then Cyprus, then Los Angeles. It makes no sense.
Thor Vhalhallan

Post by Thor Vhalhallan » #4616

Yeah, that's fucking strange.
Hornygranny
Horny Police

Post by Hornygranny » #4618

I removed the CID from the ban on Bluespace's behalf, you should be able to play again.
Lightfeather57

Post by Lightfeather57 » #4619

Sweet, thanks man.