[Iansdoor] Myraowo - Unfair note

Post by myraowo » #725374

BYOND account: Myraowo

Ban/note type (Check what applies):
() - Server Ban
(X) - Note
() - Forum Ban
() - Discord Ban

Ban/note reason: "As a non-antag, dragged a heretic's target into a situation where they were sacrificed to them for poor reasoning."
Time ban was placed: 2024-03-29 19:48:32
Server you were playing on when banned: Terry
Round ID in which ban was placed: 226331

Why are you making this appeal?(Check what applies):
(X) - The ban/note is factually incorrect
(X) - The ban/note is not against the rules
(X) - The ban/note needs modification
() - The ban was unjustifiably harsh
() - I was permabanned and I want another chance

Why should this appeal be accepted?:
Because what is said on the note is not what happened. I already knew the HoP (that was a heretic target, which I was unaware of) since we played on previous rounds before, so I decide to hang out with them which I usually do by dragging people around the station and looking for something that is happening. I started the interaction with "Let's go to dorms 4" as a joke, and because the HoP was already hunting for the heretic, they said over radio: [Common] Terry Quinn says, "Alison lets handle this like 2 adults come to dorms 4 we will talk". After the HoP said that, I decided to stop walking around aimlessly and headed to dorms 4, so they both could meet. Once we get there, me and the HoP get in the dorms room and I bolt the door open (important for later), and call Alison (the heretic, which I was also unaware of) over radio, which would be irrelevant to the whole situation, since the HoP already called her over radio previously too. Once the heretic got there, they got pepper sprayed by the HoP, which resulted into the heretic stunning and murdering the HoP, during this interaction I was blinded by the pepper spray too and accidentally pressed the bolt door button which made it unbolt and start closing, since I wanted to keep the door bolted open I pressed the button again which was too late, the door already having closed and making me accidentally bolt it closed, which I then quickly solved by pressing the button and opening it again (I am saying this because it's one of the reasons the admin in the ticket used as an incrimination of me helping the heretic, while the HoP was already stunned on the floor so it did not change anything at all).

With the story being told, I think the note was completely unnecessary, being a wrong place/wrong time situation, and the metafriending acusations (said by the admin on Ticket #14 during the round 226326, and on Ticket #1 during round 226331) being completely false since I did not help the heretic do anything, not even indirectly, since she was already called by the HoP herself. What ended up happening was out of my hands, and for the "poor reasoning" stated in the note which I assume means poor IC reasoning: during the fight my character could have not done anything, she is timid and a pushover and was completely unarmed, engaging into a fist fight with the heretic OR the HoP would have made no sense at all, and so she didn't, staying still and asking if she could have the HoP's body after the fight ended, which the heretic ignored.
munchyii

Re: [Iansdoor] Myraowo - Unfair note

Post by munchyii » #725376

I was HOP.
Yeah she had nothing to do with the thing between alison and me since I already called alison to dorms 4 long before she did. As myraowo said she called me to dorms 4 to hang out and I was the one who called alison there so personally I don't think there is anything about her helping the heretic here
iansdoor
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Iansdoor

Post by iansdoor » #725394

myraowo wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:56 am Why should this appeal be accepted?:
Because what is said on the note is not what happened. I already knew the HoP (that was a heretic target, which I was unaware of) since we played on previous rounds before, so I decide to hang out with them which I usually do by dragging people around the station and looking for something that is happening. I started the interaction with "Let's go to dorms 4" as a joke, and because the HoP was already hunting for the heretic, they said over radio: [Common] Terry Quinn says, "Alison lets handle this like 2 adults come to dorms 4 we will talk". After the HoP said that, I decided to stop walking around aimlessly and headed to dorms 4, so they both could meet. Once we get there, me and the HoP get in the dorms room and I bolt the door open (important for later), and call Alison (the heretic, which I was also unaware of) over radio, which would be irrelevant to the whole situation, since the HoP already called her over radio previously too. Once the heretic got there, they got pepper sprayed by the HoP, which resulted into the heretic stunning and murdering the HoP, during this interaction I was blinded by the pepper spray too and accidentally pressed the bolt door button which made it unbolt and start closing, since I wanted to keep the door bolted open I pressed the button again which was too late, the door already having closed and making me accidentally bolt it closed, which I then quickly solved by pressing the button and opening it again (I am saying this because it's one of the reasons the admin in the ticket used as an incrimination of me helping the heretic, while the HoP was already stunned on the floor so it did not change anything at all).

With the story being told, I think the note was completely unnecessary, being a wrong place/wrong time situation, and the metafriending acusations (said by the admin on Ticket #14 during the round 226326, and on Ticket #1 during round 226331) being completely false since I did not help the heretic do anything, not even indirectly, since she was already called by the HoP herself. What ended up happening was out of my hands, and for the "poor reasoning" stated in the note which I assume means poor IC reasoning: during the fight my character could have not done anything, she is timid and a pushover and was completely unarmed, engaging into a fist fight with the heretic OR the HoP would have made no sense at all, and so she didn't, staying still and asking if she could have the HoP's body after the fight ended, which the heretic ignored.
Howdy
From my Ticket with you, this is the issue.
We are. give me a moment, still discussing what I give you as a note. Now, there is the issue of your lack of care of the HoP and attention seeking to Alison. You can always have friends, but you can't be helping folks with their objectives for poor reason.
Lets clears up the interaction between you two and continue the ticket if you wish.
I'll let you pick apart that to explain very clearly.
This sequence starts where you are coming from cargo and end up in medical and you overhear the HoP's rambling.

>HoP is in medical to get treated for 140 brain damage that they had.
>HoP talks outloud and you over hear this
>You tell them dorms 4 out of the blue. actual no context there.
18:58:45.778 SAY: Myraowo/(Lola Heart) "dorms 4" (Medbay Central (90,92,2))
18:58:46.835 EMOTE: Myraowo/(Lola Heart) points at Terry Quinn (Medbay Central (90,92,2))
>You begin dragging them away from medical as they are untreated and had just died few moments ago. I understand that you may not have known that.
18:58:53.044] ATTACK: Myraowo/(Lola Heart) grabbed Munchyii/(Terry Quinn) passive grab (NEWHP: 100) (Medbay Central (90,92,2))
>both of you get caught in Vortex that is pulling folks
>You begin to drag them once more
>Iconic "alison lets handle this like 2 adults come to dorms 4 we will talk" is said on coms
18:59:59.961 SAY: Munchyii/(Terry Quinn) "alison lets handle this like 2 adults come to dorms 4 we will talk" (Central Primary Hallway (88,118,2))
>You ask "what did she do this time"
>HoP replies "she is heretic"
19:00:07.192 SAY: Myraowo/(Lola Heart) "what she do this time" (Central Primary Hallway (87,124,2))
19:00:07.237 SAY: Munchyii/(Terry Quinn) "there is HOLES" (Central Primary Hallway (88,124,2))
19:00:09.632 SAY: Munchyii/(Terry Quinn) "everywhere" (Central Primary Hallway (88,124,2))
19:00:12.133 SAY: Munchyii/(Terry Quinn) "she is heretic" (Central Primary Hallway (88,125,2))
>You both are getting around tables in the hallways
>You both arrive at Dorms and you begin to call out for Alison to come fast to dorms 4.
19:02:58.506 SAY: Myraowo/(Lola Heart) ""ALISON COME TO DORMS, DORMS 4, FAST, PLEASE, DORMS 4 FAST (Dormitories (138,165,2))
>You scan and acknowledge that the HoP has 140 brain damage. They have been walking with you for 5 minutes to get to dorms 4.
19:03:40.814 SAY: Myraowo/(Lola Heart) "brain, damage" (Dormitories (138,165,2))
19:03:44.030 EMOTE: Munchyii/(Terry Quinn) nods. (Dormitories (138,165,2))
>You are happy to see Alison and Alison is there for the target.
19:03:47.164 SAY: Myraowo/(Lola Heart) "ALISON" (Dormitories (141,165,2)
19:03:48.640 EMOTE: Myraowo/(Lola Heart) points at the carpet (Dormitories (141,165,2))
19:03:48.807 EMOTE: Myraowo/(Lola Heart) points at Terry Quinn (Dormitories (141,165,2))
19:03:49.835 EMOTE: Myraowo/(Lola Heart) cries. (Dormitories (140,165,2))
19:03:50.783 EMOTE: Myraowo/(Lola Heart) cries. (Dormitories (140,165,2))
19:03:51.545 SAY: Myraowo/(Lola Heart) "OW" (Dormitories (140,165,2))
19:03:59.111 EMOTE: Myraowo/(Lola Heart) laughs. (Dormitories (138,165,2))
19:04:06.550 EMOTE: Myraowo/(Lola Heart) watches (Dormitories (139,166,2))
19:04:21.175 EMOTE: Munchyii/(Terry Quinn) gasps! (Dormitories (138,165,2))
19:04:28.382 SAY: Myraowo/(Lola Heart) "ok are you done with her" (Dormitories (139,165,2))
19:04:35.267 SAY: Myraowo/(Lola Heart) "uh huh" (Dormitories (139,165,2))
19:04:47.689 SAY: Myraowo/(Lola Heart) "ALISON" (Recreation Area (145,174,2))
19:04:47.741 WHISPER: Munchyii/(Terry Quinn) "AI alison is not human" (Recreation Area (146,174,2))
19:04:50.697 SAY: Myraowo/(Lola Heart) "can i" (Recreation Area (145,174,2))
19:04:52.763 SAY: Myraowo/(Lola Heart) "keep her" (Recreation Area (145,174,2))
19:04:53.410 EMOTE: Munchyii/(Terry Quinn) seizes up and falls limp, her eyes dead and lifeless... (Recreation Area (146,175,2))
Those were the logs, now lets look at the ticket itself.
I literally did not know they were an antag, the reason for dorms 4 was literally just to walk around with them, while walking the HoP sends that radio message so I decide to just go there and call for Alison, since that's what HoP decided to do. Once we got there Alison arrived shorly after, she looked at me and then us both got pepper sprayed by the HoP which then resulted into her being killed. The max I tried to do was pull her body away and ask if I could have it because 1. I do not know how to fight, 2. I'm lagged as hell, and 3. Alison was armed.
I honestly don't get how being friends changes anything here. If person X says over radio "Hey Y, come to my current location" and then I follow by saying "Yeah Y!! You should totally come to X's current location!" and it ends up on Y murdering X, how would me saying (or not saying) anything here have changed the outcome? I didn't help Alison do anything, not even indirectly, she was called by the HoP, while I was also hanging out with the HoP. What ended up happening after was completely out of my hands.
You were aware of Alison was bad and didn't care for the HoP as medical doctor. What am I to say more to you?
Then your weak argument above was why you were noted if you wanted to know.

Only the logs between both of you from when you meet and when HoP dies. A few attacks logs in the mix
► Show Spoiler
Ticket 1
► Show Spoiler
Ticket 2
► Show Spoiler
iansdoor
In-Game Admin

Post by iansdoor » #725396

munchyii wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:59 am I was HOP.
Yeah she had nothing to do with the thing between alison and me since I already called alison to dorms 4 long before she did. As myraowo said she called me to dorms 4 to hang out and I was the one who called alison there so personally I don't think there is anything about her helping the heretic here
I am not sure how to clarify your position. I do appreciate you posting on their behalf. Do you wish for me to release your ticket as well for the full story?
munchyii

Post by munchyii » #725400

iansdoor wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:37 pm
munchyii wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:59 am I was HOP.
I am not sure how to clarify your position. I do appreciate you posting on their behalf. Do you wish for me to release your ticket as well for the full story?
i hope i quoted right (first time foruming), yeah that would be nice too! If i remember correctly I said, I thought she was gonna show something and she had my consent, since I wanted to face off alison anyways, but without brain damage would be good(dont remember might be wrong).
I think maybe this caused a misunderstandig? After reading the logs and as much as I can remember I don't think there was malicious intent on her behalf. I was acting kinda suicidal and dumb since I couldn't see anything and all those crazy stuff happening. Also I called alison to dorms 4 after myra said lets go there right, thats why I don't think she intended to help alison.
Oh! about the brain damage fix thing, I didn't ask for help so maybe she thought I didnt want that idk. At that point I just wantd to get it over with Alison die or kill (WISH I HAD A TTV WITH ME IT WOULD BE HELLA FUNNY) and died :skull:

P.S
I aint no glazing but hoooly shit the care is insane last server i played i got banned 14 days nothing explained appreciate your work here
iansdoor
In-Game Admin

Post by iansdoor » #725409

munchyii wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:48 pm
If i remember correctly I said, I thought she was gonna show something and she had my consent, since I wanted to face off alison anyways, but without brain damage would be good(dont remember might be wrong).
I think maybe this caused a misunderstandig? After reading the logs and as much as I can remember I don't think there was malicious intent on her behalf. I was acting kinda suicidal and dumb since I couldn't see anything and all those crazy stuff happening.
Oh! about the brain damage fix thing, I didn't ask for help so maybe she thought I didnt want that idk. At that point I just wantd to get it over with Alison die or kill (WISH I HAD A TTV WITH ME IT WOULD BE HELLA FUNNY) and died :skull:
to mirror your ticket.
When you were in medical, she pulled you as you were talking about alison giving you brain damage alot with grasp. (which you need manntiol or brain surgery to fix the grasp damage) she then pulled you again a few more times till you both made it to dorms 4 to which she called out to the heretic for them to come and get you. Were you okay with that?
iansdoor ➡ munchyii
2024-03-29T19:13:40
yeah it was okay I thought she was gonna show something she made it had my consent
munchyii ➡ iansdoor
2024-03-29T19:14:28
to be honest wanted to face off with her anyways but without brain damage would be better
munchyii ➡ iansdoor
At no point, did you say you were okay with the dragged to certain doom other than the ticket. The dorms 4 was not your initial idea. Do you understand where I am coming from that interaction?

Rather the question or misunderstanding "yeah. it was okay, I thought she was gonna show something she made, it had my consent." What was she trying to show you?

Also I called alison to dorms 4 after myra said lets go there right, thats why I don't think she intended to help alison.
Maybe you can fill in this for me from your point of view.
You tell them dorms 4 out of the blue. actual no context there.
18:58:45.778 SAY: Myraowo/(Lola Heart) "dorms 4" (Medbay Central (90,92,2))
18:58:46.835 EMOTE: Myraowo/(Lola Heart) points at Terry Quinn (Medbay Central (90,92,2))
>You begin dragging them away from medical as they are untreated and had just died few moments ago. I understand that you may not have known that.
18:58:53.044] ATTACK: Myraowo/(Lola Heart) grabbed Munchyii/(Terry Quinn) passive grab (NEWHP: 100) (Medbay Central (90,92,2))
>both of you get caught in Vortex that is pulling folks
>You begin to drag them once more
>Iconic "alison lets handle this like 2 adults come to dorms 4 we will talk" is said on coms
18:59:59.961 SAY: Munchyii/(Terry Quinn) "alison lets handle this like 2 adults come to dorms 4 we will talk" (Central Primary Hallway (88,118,2))
>You ask "what did she do this time"
>HoP replies "she is heretic"
Could you clarify that up for me?

This is your ticket for reference.
► Show Spoiler
munchyii

Post by munchyii » #725412

Hmm okay let me try to explain what was in my mind and fill you in as much as I can from my POV.
So this was after I got sacrficied and came back from hel iirc. I don't really remember much sorry bout that.
Lets come to point where lola saw me and said dorms 4, lola chills with people in shifts usually so I thought she had something to show or do and was okay with it <- this is why I didnt mention getting dragged without saying anything in my ticket, since I thought we were gonna do something and she is usually chill, which I believe we would hang out if I hadnt called alison to there. (think of this like just accepting it without questioning)
She starts to pull me (I was not waiting for medical attention or anything at that moment, since I was managing to walk with what I had and I believe I was walking out of medical when she pointed at me and pulled), I tell alison to come as well so we can do a final standoff since im fed up with this mind breaking stuff.
After I get out of the wormholes I look for lola again since we were just going to dorms 4 (I also thought alison was just waiting there after calling her).
Then she keeps dragging me there and I am okay with it since we are just continuing what we were doing before.

>>yeah it was okay I thought she was gonna show something she made it had my consent
Here I meant hanging out with showing something, but I called alison there so we couldnt really do anything.

>>to be honest wanted to face off with her anyways but without brain damage would be better
This is just me malding about the moon path stuns and not being able to get a fair fight.

It might be hard to understand as a observer what happened but it was really just me getting out med looking for alison, lola seeing me and pulling me to infamous dorms 4, me calling alison to there as well, we get there and I get moon stunned by alison and killed. This was my POV.

About the place where lola said ALİSON COME QUICK QUICK IN etc. etc. I think she was too excited? idk lol. The reason I don't think that she was helping her is it was me who decided to follow lola to dorms 4, it was me who called alison to dorms 4.
iansdoor
In-Game Admin

Post by iansdoor » #725859

Alright, its been 5 days.
I am going to close this up.