Post by shira » #725530

BYOND account: Shiraizawa

Ban/note type (Check what applies):
(x) - Server Ban
() - Note
() - Forum Ban
() - Discord Ban

Ban/note length:permanent
Ban/note reason:Rule 11 - Player said a bunch of transphobic things IC: "Hating on trans" "See? THis is why I hate trannies" "Trans scum" "RD i strans!!" "You seem to lack in brain activity" (Referring to someone they called trans) "No idea why you'd entertain the idea of promoting mental issues, cockroach" "You either have xx or xy, thats all, everything else is a degeneration" When questioned about this, the player double down, states they will not stop themselves if they get in a conflict with someone again, as well as stated : "Just perma me instead, this is toxic" if you can't bring yourself to follow the rules and not express your opinion on said matter on our servers, then I see no reason to keep you around.
Time ban was placed: 2021-06-18 16:12:27
Server you were playing on when banned: Terry(?)
Round ID in which ban was placed: 164351

I tried to log in to the forum account which matches the byond account the ban was placed on, but I couldn't log in.

Why are you making this appeal?(Check what applies):
() - The ban/note is factually incorrect
() - The ban/note is not against the rules
() - The ban/note needs modification
() - The ban was unjustifiably harsh
(X) - I was permabanned and I want another chance

Why should this appeal be accepted?:
I understand what I did wrong. I had quite a bit of time to reflect on what I said. Why should this be accepted? I became much more tolerable of other people's personal preferences. I could go about saying that I was immature and I grew up in a toxic environment which glorified the hate of non-heterosexual, non-queer individuals but I see that in as a non sincere excuse people use all the time, even though its true. This ban is very bad, not the worst offenses, but one of them for sure. I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't go through considering the matter it relates to, but I thought to give it a chance. I'm just a guy who's not even clear about their own sexual preferences and I tried to mask this ambiguity with toxicity instead in my younger, more immature days.

If this appeal requires a vouch, which it most definitely will, I mostly only played on Bee for the past 3 years, semi-continously at one point being a mentor there, only retiring due to having less time to play the game.
Justice12354
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Justice12354

Re: [Cimika] Shiraizawa - Banned for excessive toxicity

Post by Justice12354 » #725532

Hello there. Given that Cimika is no longer an admin on our servers, I will be taking over this appeal.

While the ban reason is very yikes, it has been 3 years, your approach in the appeal looks very sincere, and I cannot see anything related to this incident in your centcom record. With that in mind, I believe you are worth being given a second chance on our servers now that you've grown up.

I will be lifting the ban.

Welcome back on-board, Crewmember.
Spoiler:
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
shira

Post by shira » #725533

I'll have to let you know that I did also try to do Ban evasion on round 169201 using ckey Cyberion.
I remember doing this to see if i could connect with a different ckey, which obviously, I couldnt. I didnt remember this ckey I tried (only seen it when I joined the game as a note) when i was writing this appeal and forgot to mention it. I dont know how it would affect your ruling, but I thought it was substantial to let you know.
Last edited by shira on Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Justice12354
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Justice12354

Post by Justice12354 » #725535

My ruling has changed...
You will now be beaten to death with a ruler.

I will be considering Cyberion as your alt account, which will stay banned, allowing you to play as Shiraizawa.

Effectively, you should now be properly unbanned.
Spoiler:
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it