Post by Borgtrek » #725694

BYOND account: Borgtrek

Ban/note type (Check what applies):
(v) - Server Ban
() - Note
() - Forum Ban
() - Discord Ban

Ban/note length: Permanent/until appeal
Ban/note reason: Banned from Roles: pAI, Brainwashed Victim, Deathsquad, Drone, Lavaland, Mind Transfer Potion, Posibrain, Sentience Potion Spawn, Abductor, Xenomorph, Blob, Blood Brother, Changeling, Cultist, Heretic, Hivemind Host, Malf AI, Space Ninja, Operative, Syndicate Mutineer, Revolutionary, Revenant, Head Revolutionary, Sentient Disease, Spider, Syndicate, Traitor, Wizard permanently - Antag rolling, sequential round IDS, appeal this on the forums in a month (or more) when you can show continous faithful play as a non-antagonist.
Time ban was placed: 2023-03-31
Server you were playing on when banned: Sybil
Round ID in which ban was placed: 202862

Why are you making this appeal?(Check what applies):
() - The ban/note is factually incorrect
() - The ban/note is not against the rules
() - The ban/note needs modification
() - The ban was unjustifiably harsh
(v) - I was permabanned and I want another chance

Why should this appeal be accepted?:
Hola! So it's been a year since I got this ban and I wanted to wait around that time. I'd first like to apologize. I've been playing SS13 for many years and around that time I just felt the itch to play antag and so copped out a bit and antag-rolled. I knew it was a faux pas, but, at the time, I didn't realize it had become an actual offense under the rules. That isn't an excuse so much as it is an explanation. It won't happen again.
iansdoor
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Iansdoor

Re: [<Bugstep>] Borgtrek - ~1 yr old antag ban

Post by iansdoor » #725697

Howdy there!

Bugstep is no longer an admin. So I'll be taking over for them.
I am be honest. have you been playing on any other server? or specifically TG?
Borgtrek
Byond Username: Borgtrek

Post by Borgtrek » #725698

Howdy!

I've been moving for work so I haven't been playing much spessman lately. I played Monkeystation a fair bit a few months back. I've also played several rounds of TG since then, unless I'm misremembering.
iansdoor
In-Game Admin

Post by iansdoor » #725699

Borgtrek wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:29 pm Howdy!

I've been moving for work so I haven't been playing much spessman lately. I played Monkeystation a fair bit a few months back. I've also played several rounds of TG since then, unless I'm misremembering.
You are right about several rounds. 5 rounds in total since their ban. Is the monkey station about the same deal in rounds played or more?
I know you have past for antag rolling, which is concerning. I would be happy to unban you since actual been over a year. What could you tell me that as insurance that you will join the community and participate? I do have an idea that may show us that you are relaxed and grown, but I want to hear your thoughts first.
Borgtrek

Post by Borgtrek » #725700

I think it should be more, but I'm honestly unsure how to check. Is there a tab that's been added that would show me if I logged on there?

Well, I can only tell you what I've already said--I was unaware it was an actual rule break and now that I'm aware, I have no intention of repeating it. I've played on TG on and off for a long time and the antag rolling really was just a momentary lapse of judgement and not part of a pattern of behavior.
iansdoor
In-Game Admin

Post by iansdoor » #725704

I checked scrubby prior and our database. Scrubby is almost the same. https://scrubby.melonmesa.com/ckey/Borgtrek

Alright, so my proposal is that I'll unban your team antag stuff, so that you can join in cult, revs, nukies, xeno, blood brothers, and abductors. if you get like 50 ish hours at some point, I'll open up the rest of them. Don't rush the hours, the goal for me is that you come back and you enjoy the sandbox and community! Is that something you are interested in?

Rare edit. I do recall there was a time during the spring where scrubby was done. Actually, maybe it was 30 to 40 rounds that wasn't recorded properly.
Borgtrek

Post by Borgtrek » #725705

That sounds fine with me :) I just wanted to get this off my account. I appreciate the help!
iansdoor
In-Game Admin

Post by iansdoor » #725706

Sounds good! Let me do that then.
Let any admin know, when you get that time in. I am not looking for exactly 50 hours play hours. I am looking for that "are you enjoying yourself to join and be spaceman." If that feeling happens sooner, do let us know and we can talk about that opening up the rest.
There has been updated basic rules since you have had your break, and always drop an ahelp if you need clarification, a hello or if you wanted to run a gimmick!
Borgtrek

Post by Borgtrek » #725711

I appreciate it! Thank you for the help and your understanding.
iansdoor
In-Game Admin

Post by iansdoor » #725712

Aye! Welcome back! Team antags are unbanned.