Appeals which have been closed.
sirnat
Byond Username: Sirnat

Sirnats unban appeal

Post by sirnat » #94587

Byond account and character name:Sirnat
Banning admin:Subtlegraces
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Sybil
Ban reason and length:You have been banned by subtlegraces.
Reason: Murdered and spaced two people for giving him a few-minute brig sentence; claims "they said they were recruiting for a gang" to him. Not buying it.

Time ban was placed (including time zone):6:25 PM EST
Your side of the story:So, as a doctor I watched the detective and a chemist drag a straight jacketed person into the patient rooms in the back of medbay saying he was suicidal. When I went back to see what they were doing, the detective hit the patient a few times with the baton, and then I yelled for security. Borg came and got it broken up, so after the straight jacketed patient was released they ran like hell. So, when they come back Da'wan the chemist injects the person with neurotoxin, I know this because I checked their chemicals with a scanner right after. So, after I try to get him arrested, detective then uncuffs him after the patient got out of the cryo cell and I stun prod'd the chemist to try and take him to sec but the guy he neurotox'd ran with him to escape. Detective took his cuffs off, then comes after me, luckily he wasn't good at shooting and I get away. So, then I help thing person break out of jail because he got a 10 min sentence for barely doing anything at all, so after that the detective and da'wan or however it is burst out coming after me, they then get me infront of bridge, someone asks "Are you guys doing a recruitment thing, because I wanna join like a cool kid." or something along those lines, they both answered yes or atleast one of them did and then took me to brig. So, the detective making the chemist who neurotox'd someone his "assistant detective" and not arresting him for trying to kill someone makes him super traitorish, as well as saying yes that they were recruiting me. So, I then took a adv e-gun and killed them both and threw them out of arrivals airlock.
Why you think you should be unbanned: Subtle didn't do any log investigating and went off his own feeling saying he didn't buy it, I was in the right for killing 2 supposed gangsters who incriminated themselves, when he said they wern't gangsters I told him about how they both said they were recruiting me, and the ban reason says he doesn't buy it. So it showed to me no investigation was done.

If this is appealed, I'd like the note removed.
Subtle
Byond Username: SubtleGraces

Re: Sirnats unban appeal

Post by Subtle » #94592

Oh, I had a look at the logs and spoke with all three of you.

Sticking your nose in suspicious business is fine. Getting into a scuffle over misunderstandings is fine; returning after you were legally, nonharmfully dealt with (aside from perhaps two punches) and released from the brig to systematically ambush, laser to death and space everyone involved is not. Especially when you pull some random out-of-context quote to try and claim you thought they were valids, as if that suddenly makes it all disappear. Neurotoxin, the bar drink, doesn't do anything but stun. You knew nothing about the person they were detaining and thrust yourself into the situation, that's inviting consequences on yourself.

I don't intend to lift this ban, but of course anyone else is welcome to look into the situation and make their stance known.

EDIT: Apologies, I was not aware we now had two forms of Neurotoxin. However, my point still stands. The guy was beating himself to death with a tank and clearly never cared about his situation in medbay. Inviting yourself in to be the vigilante hero has consequences for when you're wrong just as much as rewards for when you're right.
Last edited by Subtle on Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sirnat

Post by sirnat » #94595

Da'wan said I foiled his plans, even if I was released non harmfully it was both of their faults they escalated the situation by saying they were gangsters. Me helping someone who was being attacked by the two is what I'm supposed to do as a doctor not stand by and let them die. Neurotoxin in the chemical sheet deals brain damage and something else, so that in its self was a attempt of murder by the chemist.

And the neurotoxin wasn't the drink it was the cooked kind that you make on the chemists page. He injected him with a syringe

Also about the guy not caring about his situation in the medbay, he was screaming for help.
Subtle

Post by Subtle » #94927

I've had a look all over the logs and nobody said they were "gangsters." The only talk of recruitment was them roleplaying the Chemist becoming a junior detective.

The fight was completely dissolved, handled legally, before I watched you ambush them both while I was investigating the situation. The way they reacted wasn't "this is a person we're in conflict with," it was staring at you for a moment or typing a hello before getting filled with lasers (that you stole to use to kill them) and dragged from medbay/arrivals to the nearest airlock. Essentially, you got brigged for a couple minutes and went back to kill the people responsible. This isn't escalation.

The suicidal fellow never a-helped, never complained, and logged out shortly afterwards. You can't claim to be championing someone who never had a cause to fight for.
(EDIT: Honestly, I'm rather curious about the third wheel in this situation. Seems like he used you showing up as an excuse to change his mind and get into a fight.)
Shad0vvs
Byond Username: Shad0vvs

Post by Shad0vvs » #94933

As the borg in the situation, the suicidal guy DID keep trying to kill himself, with requests to me to open the outside airlocks into space(the first time he got away from the chemist and detective still in straight jacket). I gave him to the chemist as it seemed the right thing to do with his mental illness.
I was called here again to the patient rooms(as referred to in the first post), with the suicidal guy having more damage than I gave him to the chemist with, so I let him free and cuffed the chemist for about 20 seconds to let the guy run off(in case he actually wanted to get away from the chemist), the guy tried to kill himself again, so I just let the chemist take him again.
sirnat

Post by sirnat » #95006

Then you really didn't look through the logs for the key words.

<span class='game say'><span class='name'>Eric Anderson</span> <span class='message'>says, "<span class=''>Are you guys</span>"</span></span><br>
<span class='danger'>Tyrique Gray fires the revolver!</span><br>
<span class='userdanger'>Nathan Ward is hit by a bullet in the right arm!</span><br>
<span class='userdanger'>Da' Wan Brown attemped to disarm Nathan Ward!</span><br>
<span class='game say'><span class='name'>Nathan Ward</span> <span class='message'>says, "<span class=''>This is bullshit</span>"</span></span><br>
<span class='game say'><span class='name'>Eric Anderson</span> <span class='message'>says, "<span class=''>Recruiting</span>"</span></span><br>
<span class='game say'><span class='name'>Eric Anderson</span> <span class='message'>says, "<span class=''>For a gang</span>"</span></span><br>
<span class='userdanger'>Tyrique Gray is trying to put handcuffs on Nathan Ward!</span><br>
<span class='game say'><span class='name'>Da' Wan Brown</span> <span class='message'>exclaims, "<span class=''>Yes!</span>"</span></span><br>
<span class='game say'><span class='name'>Eric Anderson</span> <span class='message'>says, "<span class=''>I wanna join a gang</span>"</span></span><br>
<span class='game say'><span class='name'>Eric Anderson</span> <span class='message'>says, "<span class=''>Like the cool kids</span>"</span></span><br>
<span class='game say'><span class='name'>Nathan Ward</span> <span class='message'>says, "<span class=''>Oh</span>"</span></span><br>
<span class='game say'><span class='name'>Nathan Ward</span> <span class='message'>says, "<span class=''>Da'wan</span>"</span></span><br>
<span class='game say'><span class='name'>Da' Wan Brown</span> <span class='message'>says, "<span class=''>Hello</span>"</span></span><br>
<span class='game say'><span class='name'>Nathan Ward</span> <span class='message'>says, "<span class=''>I shou;d've dknown</span>"</span></span><br>
<span class='game say'><span class='name'>Tyrique Gray</span> <span class='message'>says, "<span class=''>He proved worthy</span>"</span></span><br>

-EDIT 6/11/2015-- Before this topic is moved, I'd like another admin to look over this, I feel as if this ban appeal was not taken seriously and logs were not looked into thouroughly by the banning admin, even though the ban is lifted I'd like the note to possibly be appealed because I showed the evidence that the banning admin could not find in the logs above about the 2 stating they were antagonist gangsters.
Subtle

Post by Subtle » #95227

Asking another Admin to look through it is certainly your right. However, the guy who asked about gangs wasn't even involved.

I'm still not going to lift the ban because you thought they were valids to collect on over a joke.
It's silly, and clearly only matters since it gave you a paperthin excuse to arm up and kill them over the grudge, not because you actually wanted to stop any gangsters.

I'll leave it to someone else to examine then.
sirnat

Post by sirnat » #95289

He doesn't have to be involved, and yes the goal was to stop gangsters because the shuttle was beginning to be called and re-called time and time again by gangsters that of what I remember anywho.

Bans lifted anyway, its been 2 days but the note is what shouldn't be added, ban shouldn't have been done as well but thats the response people get when the banning admins handle their own bans which is really not fair at all.
Subtle

Post by Subtle » #95293

The alternative is having someone in charge of the case who, in the vast majority of situations, wouldn't even have been present for the round.

Unfortunate that this often results in discussions lasting longer than the ban itself, but I've always welcomed any other administrator to weigh in on the topic from the first post.
If my decision is invalidated by group, or my superior's, consensus I'll gladly turn the ban back around on myself. This thread is still open, so we can still discuss it rationally can't we?

I'll refrain from continuing to argue since I'm sure you've heard enough of my opinion on the situation. Still, I think it's logical.