MasterTigen- Steven Griff
Douk- Brody Mason

Banning admin:
Saegrimr (initial ban)
Niknakflak (reapplication)

Ban type (What are you banned from?):
Security Job ban

Ban reason and length:
Banned from Head of Security, Warden, Detective, Security Officer - Gulagging anybody and everybody for any sentence so long as they've ever been in the brig. Afterwards, executes five of them after a riot that nearly got him killed, one on the spot which is justifiable, one later after authorization from the HoS (without captain's authorization), and three more just for being involved. ~saegrimr [-] (permanent)

Time ban was placed (including time zone):
11/4/14 (Unsure about exact time)
6:20PM CST 7/16/15 (Reapplication by Niknakflak )

Your side of the story:
So had I dealt with this appeal closer to when it happened, this might have been a bit more of a cut-and-dry situation regardless of final outcome. However, given the amount of time that's passed in the meantime and the circumstances of having had two accounts over the years here. So I suppose it would be advisable to start from the beginning.

Initially I played under the account MasterTigen as the character Steven Griff. Time goes on, and mishaps happen here and there. Eventually, a reputation is formed among community members that I didn't feel like keeping around. Thus, after a ban on Head positions is relieved, I switched over to using a new account: Douk (maining the character Brody Mason). Only a few minor issues occur for almost a year after the switch, as was intended. After that, there were a few temporary job bannings that, admittedly were shitty on my part but I suppose not terribly relevant to this discussion. The big one came though after another half a year when, for the first time in a long while, I decided to log back on as MasterTigen. I will try and recall the situation as best as I can, it has been a while and I didn't have the logs even at the time. An incident occurred where I had taken an opportunity to utilize the gulag a bit more extensively than I would otherwise have done, resulting in all 5min and above prisoners getting sent there. Naturally, rather than working to be released on time, the large prisoner brigade (~7 of them) begins a plot to riot and escape. They execute a plan that nearly gets me killed, and I use lethal force on the scene to subdue at least one of them. Another one is captured shortly there after and I am given authorization to execute the gulag rioters (HoS gave it, though I had assumed that he had consulted the captain for his permission prior to giving it. Chain of command etc). The one rioter that was captured was then killed, and three others were brought in through the rest of the round, greeted to a similar fate (all under the continued permissions to execute those involved in the riot). I can naturally imagine that there must have been a flurry of adminhelps in this situation, and I can hardly blame Saegrimr for banning me on account that it was something of a dickish move. So, I stop playing frequently for a while. I come back, but this time on what was my main account (Douk). I had at the time assumed that the jobban on security was temporary, though I admittedly should have checked prior to switching back to the account (I had at the time assumed that it would automatically be shared due to the account association). Though after a second (but ACTUALLY temporary apparently) job ban for permabrigging a player shortly before the shuttle arrived (albeit the situation at the shuttle wouldn't have realistically allowed a prisoner to be transported in anyways), my time playing on the server began to see a slowing of activity. Honestly, it was probably for the best all things considered. Between then (in January) and now, no major incidents occur except for two minor warnings as Douk.

Today, playing as detective, Niknakflak contacted me about evasion of a job ban. Naturally I was a bit confused about the matter, but he was helpful enough to explain that MasterTigen still had a jobban on all security positions in effect and that I was ban-evading. Luckily he was kind enough not to perma-ban me on the spot, and decided to instead simply re-apply the permanent job-ban onto this account.

Why you think you should be unbanned:
I'm not going to sugar coat it. In my time on the server since either late 2010 or 2011, I've done shitty things. I think we all have to some extent, but some cases (especially the earlier ones on MasterTigen) were rather gross transgressions. Nowadays I find that I don't even enjoy playing security, which would normally nullify any purpose of making this thread. However, there is one role as of late that I have absolutely fallen in love with: Detective. All of the antag-hunting goodness of security, but none of the violence and potentially oppressive characteristics of the rest of the security team: just information and leads.
My intent with having the two accounts was made with the best intent initially. It was a chance to start over: to build myself anew and be an ideal that the old names would never let me live to be. For the most part, my conduct as Douk has been much of an improvement from old habits, and I'd like to stay on that path. If not now, maybe in time I can prove that I am worthy enough to become security again. In the meantime however, I would like to at least request the privilege of being able to be detective.
I'm sorry for all those admins who have had to deal with this over these years. I'll admit, while I haven't played all that much as of late, I have at least followed the forums here and there. I've gotten a much better respect for what you guys do, and wish that I had been more considerate and cooperative with you all in the past.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Re: [Saegrimr] Steven Griff- Sec Job ban

Post by Saegrimr » #104988

I have to say I didn't even notice your other ckey MasterTigen being linked to Douk, and i'm incredibly disappointed that you'd continue to be such shitcurity even after evading that ban up until the point Niknak noticed the connection and rebanned you.. a couple hours ago or so it appears. In my opinion I think you should seriously take a break from security roles, play something less stressful where you aren't constantly feeling like you have to slap people's shit around and aren't constantly a target, and be glad you're not just straight up banned from the server as what would normally happen with evasion.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Douk
Byond Username: Douk

Post by Douk » #104993

Well, since the job ban, there's only been one MAJOR incident regarding my play as security. Not to pass judgement on your admin abilities, but the situation at the time was a bit more complex than what was expressed in the ban notes. The only other issue was another GROSSLY under-described incident where I killed a man as a detective. In that case, other officers had said (and I'm going to take their word for it if they're getting in a fuss about it) that the man in question was dangerous. He WOULD have lived had he not decided to whisper in crit. We literally had the medkit a few blocks away ready to bring him back: I just didn't have the equipment at the time to subdue him otherwise. Even then, that was a rare case for me, as I make it a habit to not be involved as a detective as is: that's why it alone was the job I wanted to appeal for.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #104996

Yeah but your situations are always extremely complicated which makes dealing with them a pain in the ass. I'm not certain about the instances involving the detective but in the past you were more than happy to gulag/execute people who stepped into the brig for any particular reason, be it for murdering the captain or slipping the bartender with a spray bottle. This led to literally everybody screaming to have you removed for various reasons, rioting, and turning the brig into a mini-rev warzone.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #105293

Saegrimr wrote:Yeah but your situations are always extremely complicated which makes dealing with them a pain in the ass. I'm not certain about the instances involving the detective but in the past you were more than happy to gulag/execute people who stepped into the brig for any particular reason, be it for murdering the captain or slipping the bartender with a spray bottle. This led to literally everybody screaming to have you removed for various reasons, rioting, and turning the brig into a mini-rev warzone.
The gulag is, technically, the equivalent of a timed sentence. It's not a permabrig/execution chamber by any means, and if there were 7 people at once, they should have been able to pool their mining efforts to get the lowest-quota'd prisoner's quota filled, then all leave on the shuttle together.
If they genuinely attempted to kill him because they didn't feel like ten minutes of mining, and he recieved authorisation to execute from the HOS, I fail to see how it warrants a ban on it's own.
Job-ban evasion notwithstanding.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #105309

Not-Dorsidarf wrote:The gulag is, technically, the equivalent of a timed sentence.
You know as well as I do that a 3 minute brig sentence does not equal 3 minutes on the gulag. Hell it takes 3 minutes just to even get your damn point card and strapped in. As much as i'd like to see the gulag put to more use, its completely ass backwards as some sort of minor brig replacement, but that's something that needs its own thread in ideas/suggestions on how to fix it up.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #105323

Someone else will be handling your appeal.
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #105423

It's been a year, so I'll have faith in you and unban you. However this will be a probation period, so if you fuck up as sec the bans are going to be harsh. Just know that.

Play on the Douk ckey from now on.
Douk
Byond Username: Douk

Post by Douk » #105439

Thank you. Most of the issues regarding my conduct as security have related to the treatment of prisoners. The only role in the department I really care to play these days is detective anyways, which has little to no involvement in prisoner management.