Byond Username: D4C
Github Username: DfourC

[stickymayhem] D4C - permaban

Post by D4C » #105362

Byond account: D4C
Character name: Terry Hollywood
Banning admin: stickymayhem
Ban type: Server-wide
Ban reason and length: "Opened multiple cans of plasma and lied about it. Possibly related to someone who has done this on multiple keys over the last couple days." Permanent.
Time ban was placed: 18-07-2015, 17:56:42 GMT+1 (Daylight Saving Time)
My side of the story: The round had pretty much just started and I was in engineering. While I was busy kitting up with gloves, gas mask etc. and such someone that was filling the plasma tanks let loose plasma, and people panicked a bit. People got taken to medical and I got told to fetch the scrubbers. I thought that the canister had to be put in the scrubbers and I thought that it needed to be emptied to do so, so I tried to empty it out completely into the air. That was a mistake, I know that now. I did however think that I closed the canister back up when it hadn't worked. The scrubbers eventually started cleaning up the air so I started dragging them around the room, which was when I got contacted by stickymayhem. Even after explaining the situation, I was banned, apparently for also lying about the situation. I have no idea about this other person that has been doing it over the past few days.
Why I think I should be unbanned: I can only assume there has been a misunderstanding in who did what on the server. What I want to know most is what I did wrong for sure, so I know not to do it again. I understand I must have done something wrong, but I assure you my intentions weren't malicious. I stand by saying that the plasma had leaked before I'd even touched a tank or canister that round.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Re: [stickymayhem] D4C - permaban

Post by Stickymayhem » #105371

I'll reduce this to a engineering weekban then.

Given you've gone to the effort of making an appeal and the fuckwit who does this constantly and pretends to be new tends not to do that I'm sure youre legit.

You did rdump the contents of the plasma into the air though and the logs confirmed it so in the future acknowledging your mistake straight away helps a lot.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
D4C
Byond Username: D4C
Github Username: DfourC

Post by D4C » #105373

I see, thanks very much. I did fuck up, so mea culpa on my part, I can accept my punishment. In the future, should I adminhelp if I don't know how to do something or keep IC?
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #105394

D4C wrote:I see, thanks very much. I did fuck up, so mea culpa on my part, I can accept my punishment. In the future, should I adminhelp if I don't know how to do something or keep IC?
Either is fine. If no one will talk to you IC ask in an adminhelp if you're worried it will get you in some shit.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman