[subtlegraces] slammo1 - ban appeal

Appeals which have been closed.
slammo1

[subtlegraces] slammo1 - ban appeal

Post by slammo1 » #6217

I can't remember the name of the character, name was randomly generated. I only normally play cargo tech, but I thought I would give virologist a try. I'm really new, and admin said I created a flesh-eating virus and unleashed it on the station purposefully as a nonantag, and then disconnected when they questioned me about it. I lagged terribly on the shuttle and everything froze, so I disconnected and reloaded to fix, right when I came back, he/she banned me before I could explain.

Byond account and character name: slammo1
Banning admin: subtlegraces
Ban reason and length: Permanent ban
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 5/15/14 22:26 (EST)
Your side of the story: I was just trying to dispose of the monkey's corpse when it died, the virus was spread by blood and others got it. I don't think anyone died from it, and the cure was food.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I honestly didn't know that bodybags/wheelchairs existed until I played on another server and someone explained it to me.
Subtle
Byond Username: SubtleGraces

Re: [subtlegraces] slammo1 - ban appeal

Post by Subtle » #6241

There was an adminhelp late in the round about you offering 'vaccines' which turned out to be the sickness itself, that's what concerns me about this whole thing. I apologize for the abrupt nature of the ban but when you logged off suddenly it was the only way to make sure you'd come here so we could continue our discussion. As for harm, at least one person did die from it since there were two versions of the flesh-rot disease.

There must have been some confusion there, the players in question were healthy before your injection. If we can sort that out I'll lift this no-issue.
It won't be a permaban no matter how things are resolved though of course.
slammo1

Post by slammo1 » #6359

>There was an adminhelp late in the round about you offering 'vaccines' which turned out to be the sickness itself
I believe the fault was my own- like I said, I am very new, and I was reading the wiki for virologist and trying to play an *obviously* too difficult job for me too early. I thought I had read about isolating certain desirable traits, which I believed I had (one of the effects was eternal youth or some such), but instead, was probably just a virus culture. The vaccine bit was my attempt at RP. When I return (as I hope to, since everyone on the server was really great) I will stick to cargo tech and other jobs without such a large potential for going bad in a big way until I feel more prepared. Thanks.
Subtle
Byond Username: SubtleGraces

Post by Subtle » #6402

Alright, that's certainly a reasonable explanation.

Again I'm sorry that we needed to take this to the forums. Two days off is more than enough for a simple misunderstanding.
I'll lift this immediately.
slammo1

Post by slammo1 » #6404

Thanks for understanding.