kust
Byond Username: Kustridaren

Ban Appeal [NikNakflak] Thomas Bicknell

Post by kust » #110725

Post Content:
Byond account and character name: kustridaren . Thomas Bicknell
Banning admin: NikNakflak
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Both servers
Ban reason and length: Metacommunicating permanent (I Think)
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2015-07-22 21:08:46 gmt +1
Your side of the story: Well I was metagaming, But I had a ic reason i looked in the maintance and on the floore was an axe as this person had hit the canisters in atmos Before so I checked the maintance.
Why you think you should be unbanned: The reason I should be unbanned is that this is my first ban on any of your servers, I also have learned a lession and I can promise I will never break any rules more. I realy enjoy playing on your servers because everyone is nice and friendly. The only thing I can do is hope you all in this nice Community can forgive me. I really regret breaking the rules. Well if you lift my ban you could ban job me so I only can be assistant untill you guys get the confidence back in that I will behave. There is a chance that I will not get unbanned but atleast you now know that I am sorry for breaking the rules.
Last edited by kust on Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Re: Ban Appeal

Post by Saegrimr » #110727

kust wrote:Well I was metagaming, But I had a ic reason
There is zero reason to metagame. If you read the server rules you would see in two places (rules 5 and 6) where talking to your friend over skype would lead to an immediate permaban.
https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Rules
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
kust

Re: Ban Appeal

Post by kust » #110729

Well I know it's against the rules. I am sorry for have broken the rules. The reason I did it was because it's easy to communicate with him and it's a bit silent in space station 13
Ahammer18
Byond Username: Ahammer18

Re: Ban Appeal [NikNakflak] Thomas Bicknell

Post by Ahammer18 » #110796

In case you think that Saegrimr is just being a hardass: a zero tolerance policy is pretty much typical on every SS13 I've ever come across, because it gives you and the other communicating party an unfair advantage. There is a reason we have a rules page, and you chose not to read it. Ignorance is not an excuse to break the rules, regardless of intent.
I'm a boy.
Global Moderator
Game Admin
kust

Post by kust » #110942

So there is no way I can be unbanned ? and allowed to play again or do I have to wait a year untill I do a new Ban appeal ?
newfren
Byond Username: Newfren

Post by newfren » #110948

Traditionally the way admins handle this is asking you to play on another server for ~6 Months then come back with an admin from there vouching for you.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #111079

Eh, I wax mixed about lifting this at first due to the fact that the out of game communication was used for a very obvious in-game advantage.
That being said, you have no history of being a bad player and I think that you should be able to play again under some conditions.

Don't ever use out of game communication again.
Your friend will not be unbanned as you two can not be trusted to play together fairly.