[ahammer18] Jerbbb - CID randomizer appeal

Appeals which have been closed.
JoshB

[ahammer18] Jerbbb - CID randomizer appeal

Post by JoshB » #113141

Byond account and character name: Jerbbb, Skinny Pete
Banning admin: Ahammer18
Ban type (What are you banned from?): The server
Ban reason and length: Confessed to using a CID randomizer to ban evade on other servers. We don't want your kind here.
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2015-08-12 00:30:40. PST.
Your side of the story: I did have a CID randomizer running that I had got from a friend a while back. We used to use it to go back to servers we were banned from, like yog or baystation, and troll. However, this was a while ago and I never used it on /tg/. I didn't know that it was detectable to admins, and I honestly never removed it just out of laziness.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I have deleted the CID randomizer, and I never used it on /tg/. I can connect with it deleted and it won't ban me for sharing the CID of a banned user (proving I'm not ban evading). I don't think my actions on other servers should affect here, but I'm sorry for using the CID randomizer and I didn't know it was against the rules. Thanks for reading.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Re: [ahammer18] Jerbbb - CID randomizer appeal

Post by lumipharon » #113146

Admitting to being a ban evading shitter on other servers is a great start.
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #113153

JoshB wrote: I don't think my actions on other servers should affect here
How are we expected to believe that with such a colorful history, you will not repeat your behavior here?
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
AdenAbrafo
Byond Username: AdenAbrafo

Post by AdenAbrafo » #113237

Ahammer is no longer an admn.
Behavior on other servers has never affected your standing on this server unless you raided in the name of tgstation.
whodaloo
Byond Username: Whodaloo

Post by whodaloo » #113243

AdenAbrafo wrote:Ahammer is no longer an admn.
Behavior on other servers has never affected your standing on this server unless you raided in the name of tgstation.
not true we've mirrored bans from other servers plenty of times
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #113260

Above comments notwithstanding,
JoshB wrote:We used to use it to go back to servers we were banned from, like yog or baystation, and troll. However, this was a while ago and I never used it on /tg/.
You currently have active permabans on the account joshbeepboop.
All security roles: "Dragged someone to perma and murdered them for having a "suspicious ID" appeal this in a few weeks"
All science roles: "Bombed the station as a non-antagonist over being mad about his ID he was registered under the name Cuban Pete when it happened. Multiple people died and the station had to be evacuated as a direct result."

Theres also joshbrises, joshmemes, joshbee, and of course this account jerbbb.
Some of your CIDs also link you to a metric shitton of other really awful accounts of people who should consider taking up train dodging as a sport.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
JoshB

Post by JoshB » #113321

I got those jobbans mirrored onto my current account a while back. I got perma'd for accidentally joining on an alt and then decided Jerbbb would be my main, so I had them put my jobbans on this account (jerbbb) and I haven't joined on a different account since.
Also I don't know what you mean by my CIDs linking to other people. Maybe it is others who also used the same CID randomizer?
Last edited by JoshB on Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #113324

wait nevermind
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #113424

JoshB wrote:Also I don't know what you mean by my CIDs linking to other people. Maybe it is others who also used the same CID randomizer?
See that's exactly the problem here.
If you're hiding your CID because of shady purposes, and someone else is as well through the same means... how do we know you aren't the same person?
Why should we even try to differentiate the two of you?

Out of curiosity I went back to the old forums to look this up and it looks like this isn't the first time this has happened.
https://www.theforgottenzone.com/hosted ... =5&t=13175

And its also caused problems for other players who got banned because of something you did on the CID randomizer.
https://www.theforgottenzone.com/hosted ... =5&t=13162

So you understand why we don't want this sort of thing around, right?
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #113446

SHOE ON HEAD

SHOE ON HEAD
JoshB

Post by JoshB » #113620

I'm sorry I used the CID randomizer in the first place. I honestly didn't think about what effect it would have on this server (since I wasn't trying to ban evade here). The ban from 2 years ago was from me getting on a different Byond account, and I honestly don't think I even had the CID randomizer back then. I really don't know how that other guy got banned, but the admin in the thread says he accidentally banned him. I dunno. I'm sorry I tried to ban evade on other servers and it bled over to causing trouble here. I hope I can get another chance.
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #113631

You still didn't answer my question.
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
JoshB

Post by JoshB » #113658

Sorry about that. I assume you're talking about ban evading on other servers? I won't repeat that here because this server is an actual good place to play. I ban evaded on a server where I got banned for wearing a helmet outside of a red alert. That doesn't mean I will ban evade on a server that has actual sane rules, like /tg/. My word is all I can give you, and the fact that if I do, you can permaban me.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin

Post by NikNakFlak » #113756

If you stay to one CID, we can allow you back on the server. If you use a CID randomizer again, or connect with the one CID that connects you to the other massive amount of accounts, you were permabanned on the spot no questions asked.
JoshB

Post by JoshB » #114056

Yeah, I'll stick to my actual CID from now on.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin

Post by NikNakFlak » #114057

Unbanned. If the CID ever goes random again or it looks fishy, the perma will be re-applied.