[Hornygranny] Banana Bag - Job Ban

Appeals which have been closed.
Banana Bag
Byond Username: Banana Bag

[Hornygranny] Banana Bag - Job Ban

Post by Banana Bag » #120535

Byond account and character name: Banana Bag | (Random operative name)

Banning admin: Hornygranny

Ban type (What are you banned from?): Operative job ban

Ban reason and length: "Disastrous failure to pilot mech as operative" | one month

Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2015-09-22 04:33:37 (Server time zone...?)

Your side of the story:
At the beginning of the round, we operatives took a vote to pool for the mech. One person was against having the mech in the first place, another claimed to be too "unrobust" to pilot it, and no one else showed any significant interest in piloting after it was spawned. There was ONE other operative who said they could take it but would be fine if anybody else wanted it. At that point I thought: "Sure, why not, I've used ripleys before, how hard can it be?" I even gave up all my telecrystals to the others in return.
We made it in position above the armory as planned, everything was going fine, and the bomb blew. I was harassing security with rockets, having fun, when I was suddenly hit with an ion rifle or some EMP thing and COMPLETELY lost power. I don't mean like 50% power, I mean the battery was so dead I started to move away so it didn't just die right there, and then the power shut off, leaving me gliding off into space.
I immediately received the month ban right there, as I was contacting the other operatives to tell them where I was. I even landed by sheer luck on a teleporter satellite, and asked my team where I could teleport into.

Why you think you should be unbanned:
First of all, I know I'm unrobust as fuck, and pretty terrible at this game in general. I probably did do something, or many things wrong that game. However, in that mech at that time I didn't really see any other options. Nobody told me to run and gun, and I surely didn't want to go right into a fully armed security force and lose our most expensive asset. In addition, the battery was DEAD. What more could I have done? Perhaps the mauler needs more EMP resistance? I also don't feel like poor performance warrants a month ban. Even If I did "fail disastrously", I did NOT break any rules. There's no rule that says: "If you get in a mauler you must go in and shoot everyone and win the game."
At the same time, if you do decide to keep the ban, I understand. I did probably ruin other people's round, even though I don't know how anyone else would have handled the EMP any better. I still feel like a whole month is a bit much. I love tg station and play nearly every day, and will miss playing fluke ops for a while.
Tornadium
Byond Username: Tornadium

Re: [Hornygranny] Banana Bag - Job Ban

Post by Tornadium » #120536

I'm having a hard time telling if this is just a joke or what.

Since when did we ban for fucking up as nuke? (If this can even be called that).

I feel like there is something missing from the story here.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #120539

That's a pretty shit ban.

If the ops specifically attacked the armoury (which they always should when using a mech, to space the ion), but managed to get ionned anyway, then either it's the fault of the non mech ops for not spacing the ion, or bad luck that sec managed to grab it before them.

also,
>banning for being unrobust
Banana Bag
Byond Username: Banana Bag

Post by Banana Bag » #120552

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought this ban was a little unjust.

A few things I forgot to mention:

I actually managed to use the derelict teleporter to get the mech BACK on the station in science, actually got it all the way to robotics and even recharged it somewhat, then had a hell of a fight against the whole station staff until they took the mech down and even killed (I think) someone with the microbomb implant.

I ahelped the ban after dying and asked what exactly I did wrong and mentioned the battery being dead, and got no response.
lollerderby
Byond Username: Lollerderby
Github Username: lollerderby

Post by lollerderby » #120567

I'll take a look at logs and talk to hg, but this ban looks pretty questionable.
DEAD: Tim Ebow says, ">rylie talking shit and not actually doing anything again"
DEAD: Tim Ebow says, "What a twist"
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #120576

Something to note is that mech batteries may also be affected by explosions that make them half as useful (cuts max_charge in half). enough explosions and you end up with a completely useless battery.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #120614

The only time someone is banned for incompetence is if they show a marked history of continual incompetence in a job role, just fucking up once in a while has never been grounds to be banned from a role.
Hornygranny
Horny Police
Byond Username: Hornygranny

Post by Hornygranny » #120755

I will reduce it later. I'm just tired of disastrous failure from flu cops.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #120756

I'm glad you didn't see the round a few days ago where the entire ops team teleported directly onto a loose singulo...
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Shadowlight213
Byond Username: Shadowlight213
Github Username: Shadowlight213

Post by Shadowlight213 » #120758

Never 4get the retarded Suttle op.
Tornadium
Byond Username: Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #120786

So is this a thing now?

We're actually banning for fucking up as antags?
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #120792

Tornadium wrote:So is this a thing now?

We're actually banning for fucking up as antags?
Or you could actually read the thread.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
lollerderby
Byond Username: Lollerderby
Github Username: lollerderby

Post by lollerderby » #120795

Ban lifted.
DEAD: Tim Ebow says, ">rylie talking shit and not actually doing anything again"
DEAD: Tim Ebow says, "What a twist"