[Saegrimr] Jacques Ledouche - Permaban for NO2?

Appeals which have been closed.
blakula

[Saegrimr] Jacques Ledouche - Permaban for NO2?

Post by blakula » #125030

ie:
You have been banned by saegrimr.
Reason: Flooding N2O as a nonantag, something about a corgi.
This is a permanent ban.

Post Content:
Byond account and character name: Blakula - Jacques Ledouche
Banning admin: Saergrimr
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Permaban
Ban reason and length: For flooding NO2 when I didn't like that the Corgi that was trying to be HoP was kicked out of the office immediately
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 8:09PM EST
Your side of the story:

Permaban?

Yes, shouldn't have done the NO2 flood but I reacted when I saw somebody and I had the cannister. As I said, there was a corgi at the start of the round in the HoP's office and I was upset that he was swiftly removed when I asked for him to perform HoP duties. So I told the Corgi I would avenge him and put him in his rightful place as the true HoP.

RP does not make you valid. I know this and I always try to play within these rules, but still RP some funny scenarios. I did not kill anybody. The only person to suffer from the NO2 flood was the janitor who I was trying to grab and pull out of the NO2 before I was placed in the single tile room.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I think the offense does not merit the severity of the ban.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Re: [Saegrimr] Jacques Ledouche - Permaban for NO2?

Post by Saegrimr » #125039

You opened two N2O canisters in the engineering hallway and arrivals because someone moved a corgi out of the HoP office?

I was hoping you had some sort of actual excuse, and were just being silly in ahelps but this is just plain dumb.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #125042

How is that a permanent ban though?
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #125043

If people aren't realizing that what they're doing is shitty in ahelpes they should be permad.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #125048

Wow thats a really dumb idea Techno
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #125051

oranges wrote:Wow thats a really dumb idea Techno
So is N2O flooding for not even that funny of a gimmick.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Xhagi
Byond Username: Aliannera

Post by Xhagi » #125071

It makes sense to me; if someone refuses to understand what they were doing was against the rules, why let them stick around and probably break it again?

That said, if they come about and say they understand why what they did was dumb, then give them a chance back.

As far as the current scenario however, what the fuck did a corgi have to do with a reason to release N2O. I can't follow the logic. Doing stupid shit with the reason being 'I'm RPing out my character!' is not an acceptable excuse.
Professional Catgirl and Gayboy Supreme.
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #125074

I was in this round.
The n2o almost took out half of security and made the round nigh unplayable.
It almost leaked onto the actual arrivals area for christ's sake.
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #125116

A longer ban yes I'd have agreed with but permabans are really for major offenses, metacomms, rape, bug exploits, and the like. If we look at past permabans, they've been handed to players deemed irredeemable. I'd rather admins not hand out permas that freely because fuck me half the time they seem to be lifted anyway and that's silly.

OP can you at least pretend to have an epiphany on how opening two cans of n2o is really fucking dumb and we'll get your ban moved to something that isn't a perma
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #125121

imblyings wrote:A longer ban yes I'd have agreed with but permabans are really for major offenses, metacomms, rape, bug exploits, and the like. If we look at past permabans, they've been handed to players deemed irredeemable. I'd rather admins not hand out permas that freely because fuck me half the time they seem to be lifted anyway and that's silly.

OP can you at least pretend to have an epiphany on how opening two cans of n2o is really fucking dumb and we'll get your ban moved to something that isn't a perma
Permabans are generally used either in cases of "NOPE YOU DONT GET TO COME BACK", cases of "We're fed up with your shit, carl", or cases of "If you ignore us/lie to us/refuse to say what you did was wrong)
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #125124

imblyings wrote:OP can you at least pretend to have an epiphany on how opening two cans of n2o is really fucking dumb and we'll get your ban moved to something that isn't a perma
This is basically why this is a perma, pending an actual reason for his actions because I really can't comprehend why anybody would think this is okay except for lolgriff.
blakula

Post by blakula » #125257

Saegrimr wrote:
imblyings wrote:OP can you at least pretend to have an epiphany on how opening two cans of n2o is really fucking dumb and we'll get your ban moved to something that isn't a perma
This is basically why this is a perma, pending an actual reason for his actions because I really can't comprehend why anybody would think this is okay except for lolgriff.
I acknowledge that, as a non-antag role, this was a stupid idea. SS13 is a game that as I have experienced it, full of many hi-jinks, jokes, RP, and other elements. I know I have a few notes from over the past year playing on /tg/station, but in regards to those offenses, I correct my behavior as to not ruin the experience of other players. And, I will correct my behavior to make sure that nothing like this happens again.
Bluespace wrote:I was in this round.
The n2o almost took out half of security and made the round nigh unplayable.
It almost leaked onto the actual arrivals area for christ's sake.
Not sure how it could take out half of security when it was quite a distance from security. They'd have to purposely walk into it without any sort of mask and oxygen, which is pretty silly to do.
TechnoAlchemist wrote:If people aren't realizing that what they're doing is shitty in ahelpes they should be permad.
That be a great way to expand/improve the /tg/station community! :^)
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #125258

Gasses spread very far, and a single can shut down the entire arrivals wing, and the engineering wing until the CE and AI got around to pulling scrubbers everywhere to clean up your mess for the next 10 minutes. This is also with me var editing in a super-powered scrubber. If you understand how terrible of an idea this was and don't do it again, i'll go ahead and lift this.
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #127341

The ban's still active and it's nearly been a week. OP needs to post some time soon
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #127345

That's basically all i've been waiting on.
blakula

Post by blakula » #128485

Sorry, works been busy and I haven't even had time to even consider logging on to play.

I appreciate the lift of the ban and I will adhere to what I saide earlier regarding my actions.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #129326

Right, ban's been lifted.