[Tsaricide] Punnches420 - Banned for talking OOC about snake

Appeals which have been closed.
Punnches
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Punnches420

[Tsaricide] Punnches420 - Banned for talking OOC about snake

Post by Punnches » #127075

Byond account and character name: Punnches420, IC name doesn't really matter in this instance
Banning admin: Tsaricide
Ban type (What are you banned from?): The game
Ban reason and length: Image
Time ban was placed (including time zone): About 2 PM AEST
Your side of the story: I wasn't actually going to make this appeal because of the general state of affairs between me and various admins as of so far, but this is totally unacceptable. Tsar has "warned" me for shitposting in OOC in the lobby, however I haven't actually been shitposting the majority of the time. It's gotten to the point where I get muted from literally everything by him for posting a comment on a discussion in OOC, and this time it went like this:
>general discussion, no shitposting
>someone mentions something about foxes measuring sizes of tails to establish dominance in response to a fox suit sprite
>i mention that my two cats, a mother and a daughter, measure tails to establish dominance and the mother always wins
>i then say that the mother cat also measures tails with my pet grass snake, and the mother always loses
>i then alt-tab out for about 30 seconds to find a picture of my grass snake and upload it to imgur
>i come back and I'm banned for a day, with no BWOINKs or anything of the sort.
Why you think you should be unbanned: Look, I understand I'm being a bit of a cunt. I'm completely fine with and understand mutes for shitposting in OOC. But actually being banned from the game for a day, for talking about snakes, is completely absurd. I'd like someone who is NOT tsar to deal with this, since there's obviously at the very least a bit of bias. Saegrimr is also a bit guilty of this, but atleast Saegrimr looks for a shit reason to mute/ban/note someone before they go waving their dicks about.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Re: [Tsaricide] Punnches420 - Banned for talking OOC about s

Post by Saegrimr » #127076

You see the problem here is over the last couple of days we have told you to join the fucking game or stop shitposting in OOC.

You have done neither, so now you get to spend the next 24 hours forcibly doing neither. OOC isn't your personal IRC or blog, and no clicking "observe" is not magically better than just sitting in the lobby for multiple rounds in a row day after day to get into arguments with people.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Punnches
Forum Soft Banned

Post by Punnches » #127079

Saegrimr wrote:You see the problem here is over the last couple of days we have told you to join the fucking game or stop shitposting in OOC.

You have done neither, so now you get to spend the next 24 hours forcibly doing neither. OOC isn't your personal IRC or blog, and no clicking "observe" is not magically better than just sitting in the lobby for multiple rounds in a row day after day to get into arguments with people.
No, the problem here is not that. By the way, I'd really prefer an actual headmin to deal with this, too. The problem with this particular instance, is Tsar banning me for talking about a fucking snake.
What exactly IS the problem with talking in OOC anyway? Especially shitposting. If you actually have a look at various headmins over the years, all they've done is shitpost. Stickymayhem is a great example. To me, it just sounds like you have a problem with me and you're using your powers to make yourself feel better.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #127081

You've been warned, that didn't work. You've been muted, that hasn't been working. Where do we go from here?

These are going to get progressively longer.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Punnches
Forum Soft Banned

Post by Punnches » #127082

Saegrimr wrote:You've been warned, that didn't work. You've been muted, that hasn't been working. Where do we go from here?

These are going to get progressively longer.
That's not exactly how an argument works, buddy. I asked you a question directly pertaining to the issue at hand, and you've ignored it. Please actually respond to those questions, or forever hold your cuckdom.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #127084

What answer are you looking for? Why nobody is going to give two fucks about someone who literally does not play the game but shows up just to shit-talk?
Punnches
Forum Soft Banned

Post by Punnches » #127086

Saegrimr wrote:What answer are you looking for? Why nobody is going to give two fucks about someone who literally does not play the game but shows up just to shit-talk?
I'm looking for an answer as to why it seems to be acceptable to you, to ban someone for talking in OOC about a snake.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #127087

I'm sorry that you think this is about any one specific incident involving you.
Punnches
Forum Soft Banned

Post by Punnches » #127088

Saegrimr wrote:I'm sorry that you think this is about any one specific incident involving you.
Mind actually contributing to the argument? It'd be nice if we actually got somewhere.
sirnat
Byond Username: Sirnat

Post by sirnat » #127090

I've never really seen puunches talk in ooc (Since I mostly ignore it), but if all he's doing is going on ooc just to chat then whats the big issue?

Sorry, not trying to get to deeply involved in it, but can someone find logs of him shitposting and starting arguements? Kind of interested in this, first ban type i've ever heard of for ''shitposting''
Punnches
Forum Soft Banned

Post by Punnches » #127091

sirnat wrote:I've never really seen puunches talk in ooc (Since I mostly ignore it), but if all he's doing is going on ooc just to chat then whats the big issue?

Sorry, not trying to get to deeply involved in it, but can someone find logs of him shitposting and starting arguements? Kind of interested in this, first ban type i've ever heard of for ''shitposting''
I can guarantee you all of the "arguments" i go into are made in response to someone insulting me. Just a while back I got into an argument with baw i think, after he told me i'm retarded.

Oh also, there's quite a lot of bias in the admin team against me, because they all find me annoying. I can guarantee you tsar has no actual reason for this other than "I find him annoying and him posting in OOC annoys me"
sirnat
Byond Username: Sirnat

Post by sirnat » #127093

Well, alright. I just was rather awstruck about a ban being given.. For someone talking in ooc, like what does talking in OOC do for those playing in the round?
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #127094

Punnches doesn't contribute anything or play and a dayban isn't going to change that.
Punnches
Forum Soft Banned

Post by Punnches » #127105

Really shows the current state of the admin team, when they can't actually pinpoint a concrete reason as to why I should be banned, other than "He sits in OOC and talks, I find this unacceptable because I don't like him."

All that any of you have done so far is ignore questions and actual facts, and instead stated your personal opinion as to how I'm the antichrist of shitposting and should just fuck off.

I really, really really would appreciate you actually getting logs of me shittalking, as "Why nobody is going to give two fucks about someone who literally does not play the game but shows up just to shit-talk?" and deliberately getting into arguments as in " no clicking "observe" is not magically better than just sitting in the lobby for multiple rounds in a row day after day to get into arguments with people."

As I've said before, I'm not one to put up with bullshit from people, and as you'll find out, the majority of the arguments i've gotten into are with people who already disliked me, and insulted me publicly in OOC.

-MEME EDIT-

In addition, can you please explain why it's acceptable to idle as a ghost all the time when you're an admin, when it's unacceptable for me to idle as a ghost and talk in OOC?

Oh, as well, You still haven't given me a concrete explanation of why it's unacceptable for me to sit in OOC and talk. Let's not forget here, you're setting one hell of a fucking precedent by doing this. If this continues, I'd estimate 60% of the people that even talk in OOC will be banned.
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #127108

Everytime you talk in OOC I want to kill myself.
Please stop posting your mind numbingly retarded shit in-game, go to singulo.
Punnches
Forum Soft Banned

Post by Punnches » #127119

Bluespace wrote:Everytime you talk in OOC I want to kill myself.
Please stop posting your mind numbingly retarded shit in-game, go to singulo.
A premier example of the type of person that doesn't like me, and can not actually make up the resolve to fucking mute OOC.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #127121

You seem to have made it up in your mind that everybody actively hates you or holds a grudge against you for some unexplainable reason, so lets go with that.

If you don't play the game, and do nothing but shittalk in OOC from the lobby... What could you have possibly done to garner this kind of attention? Surely you must be the most upstanding member of the community if you don't grief, greytide, or kill people as a nonantag, since you're not even in game for that to happen.

If you think this is some kind of begrudging admin conspiracy, do you not think we'd just permaban you, ban your forum account, and be done with you entirely? Why the fuck would we warn you constantly over the last two days to play the game or stop connecting if we wanted you gone? We've actively told you to play the fucking game.
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #127124

In addition, can you please explain why it's acceptable to idle as a ghost all the time when you're an admin, when it's unacceptable for me to idle as a ghost and talk in OOC?
Probably because playing while doing actual admining gives you an unfair advantage. You could be minding your own business as a chef when all of a sudden you get an admin pm from some poor fuck screaming that Ass Faggot just tool boxed him to death for no fucking reason in maintenance. Well shit now you know that there's a dead guy in maintenance and not only that but you've got to check in on this shit too. Well fuck it turns out Ass Faggot is a traitor. So now you're a player in the game who knows that Ass Faggot is a traitor who murdered the fuck out of McFucking Cavedinskull and stashed his corpse in a locker in maint and you learned that through means no other player would have been able to learn that through. See how that might be a problem?
Punnches
Forum Soft Banned

Post by Punnches » #127128

Saegrimr wrote:You seem to have made it up in your mind that everybody actively hates you or holds a grudge against you for some unexplainable reason, so lets go with that.

If you don't play the game, and do nothing but shittalk in OOC from the lobby... What could you have possibly done to garner this kind of attention? Surely you must be the most upstanding member of the community if you don't grief, greytide, or kill people as a nonantag, since you're not even in game for that to happen.

If you think this is some kind of begrudging admin conspiracy, do you not think we'd just permaban you, ban your forum account, and be done with you entirely? Why the fuck would we warn you constantly over the last two days to play the game or stop connecting if we wanted you gone? We've actively told you to play the fucking game.
It's amazing how you somehow have completely and utterly failed to address any of the points I've been making, So i'll play that game too and simply tell you that you should have been deadminned long long ago, you are a completely toxic shouldnt-have-been-in-the-first-place who simply searches and searches for a reason to ban people. In a lot of ways you're like NikNakFlak 3.0. Have you considered just resigning and leaving?
Punnches
Forum Soft Banned

Post by Punnches » #127129

Jacough wrote:
Probably because playing while doing actual admining gives you an unfair advantage. You could be minding your own business as a chef when all of a sudden you get an admin pm from some poor fuck screaming that Ass Faggot just tool boxed him to death for no fucking reason in maintenance. Well shit now you know that there's a dead guy in maintenance and not only that but you've got to check in on this shit too. Well fuck it turns out Ass Faggot is a traitor. So now you're a player in the game who knows that Ass Faggot is a traitor who murdered the fuck out of McFucking Cavedinskull and stashed his corpse in a locker in maint and you learned that through means no other player would have been able to learn that through. See how that might be a problem?
I wasn't saying that admins can't have admin while playing, I was saying that admins shouldn't be able to idle as a ghost 24/7 when they actively punish people who do the exact same thing.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #127130

Your points include "THIS IS A CONSPIRACY", "I LIKE SNAKES", and "YOU SHOULD BE IN THIS BOAT, NOT ME"

So i'm not sure what you're really after here.
You don't learn from mutes, you just shit up adminhelps instead so then we have to mute you from adminhelp as well.
This is why we're at the banning stage now and it will continue until you stop, leave, or we've hit a threshold where each time the duration gets doubled you wont be seen back until 2096.
Punnches
Forum Soft Banned

Post by Punnches » #127131

Saegrimr wrote:Your points include "THIS IS A CONSPIRACY", "I LIKE SNAKES", and "YOU SHOULD BE IN THIS BOAT, NOT ME"

So i'm not sure what you're really after here.
You don't learn from mutes, you just shit up adminhelps instead so then we have to mute you from adminhelp as well.
This is why we're at the banning stage now and it will continue until you stop, leave, or we've hit a threshold where each time the duration gets doubled you wont be seen back until 2096.
In that case, you'll have to get coderbus to improve that maximum to the date of the heat death of the universe.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #127155

Gotta get rid of anyone who dares try to participate in the community! Stop them interacting with each other before they rebel against the establishment!

Long live the administration
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #127164

Punnches wrote:If you actually have a look at various headmins over the years, all they've done is shitpost. Stickymayhem is a great example.
This suddenly got way funnier.
Krutchen
Byond Username: Krutchen

Post by Krutchen » #127174

Hey guys, if you're gonna day ban punnches for being retarded, can you get Bawhopppppppppppenn as well? He's just as bad when it comes to shitposting in ooc. At least punnches can be like a tiny bit humorous, baw's shit is just him constantly bawling his eyes out.

10/10 great administration work, keep it up boys and we'll get rid of all of the memes on the server
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #127177

Spoiler:
2015-06-11 00:00:00
shadowlight213
Sybil
Banned for 30 minutes - WGW in OOC
2015-07-03 00:00:00
brotemis
Sybil
ic in ooc
2015-07-04 00:00:00
thelongbowman
Sybil
Warned - trolling in OOC
2015-07-06 00:00:00
saegrimr
Sybil
Warned for not so subtle ic in ooc
2015-07-22 00:00:00
shadowlight213
Sybil
Banned for 15 minutes - IC OOC
2015-08-22 05:24:16
technoalchemist
Sybil
Banned for 240 minutes - drunkenly ranting in OOC, then ending up in adminpms. Please sober up and try to avoid this behavior in the future.
2015-08-30 03:53:48
technoalchemist
Sybil
Banned for 15 minutes - IC in OoC
2015-10-04 05:19:34
shaps
Sybil
Banned for 10 minutes - Fake IC in OOC, has quite a history of this, really should know by now to knock it off
2015-10-11 01:18:30
saegrimr
Sybil
Warned - netspeak IC "ayy lmao"
2015-10-15 11:07:18
saegrimr
Sybil
If he doesn't stop shitting up OOC without even joining the game, just start removing him.
2015-10-17 04:05:45
tsaricide
Sybil
Banned for 1440 minutes - If all you're going to do is sit in the lobby every day and shit post in ooc then find another server.
I logged on last night and responded to one of your ahelps under the assumption that admins had in fact ignored a valid complaint from you, only for it to turn into shitposting. I didn't do anything then because there's a toggle all mute I can use. I'm assuming other admins have used mutes as well constantly over a long period which have done nothing to dissuade you from doing whatever you do. If admins keep on seeing that mutes don't work, I'm not really sure what you expected to happen next.
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #127188

At least I murderbone between the shitposts
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Punnches
Forum Soft Banned

Post by Punnches » #127190

the only reason this thread hasn't turned into the memeocaust is because shitposting and memes are banned in FNR, talking to saegrimr is like talking to a fucking brick wall with the width of the observable universe
Tsaricide
Byond Username: Tsaricide

Post by Tsaricide » #127195

still want me to upgrade this to a permaban punnches?
Punnches
Forum Soft Banned

Post by Punnches » #127201

Tsaricide wrote:still want me to upgrade this to a permaban punnches?
I'd rather you not, but hey, you're the one with +BAN.
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #127211

memeocaust never happened
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.