Appeals which have been closed.
Conor891

[alien219] Conor891 - Metacommunication Permaban Appeal

Post by Conor891 » #7980

Byond account and character name: Conor891 and Officer Billy Mays
Banning admin: alien219
Ban reason and length: Meta-communication with ratboy07 Permanent
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2014-04-26 20:20:10 EST
Your side of the story: I will admit that I was metacommuncating with ratboy07. We are cousins and both love to play space station 13, His friend was also speaking to us and was the HoS. So it was a bit of a 3 way meta-communication. We weren't a grief team or anything. It just doesn't feel right to not talk to each other when you play a game. So when we skype, we try to avoid sharing as much information as possible and making the communication less obvious. We usually play on the baystation12 server. As many of you here probably know, it is much more strict on rules and very strictly enforced and roleplay oriented, so going on a server that has a much lighter set of rules can really take time getting used to knowing the limits. My cousin's friend was HoS by accident as he was new to the game, my friend was a security officer I think, and I was an assistant. I ran into security and was arrested by the warden. I can't remember what job my cousin was, but I think he was a security officer and was arrested for beating up the warden. I remember that I was trying to warn my cousin because his actions were getting a bit griefy, but he didn't really listen. He encouraged his friend as HoS to attack the warden which I again tried to warn. My actions were probably using meta knowledge too at this point though. I remember trying to break the glass, but I don't know if that's bannable. The HoS tried to get me out of my cell, but was upheld by the warden. I think a gunfight actually happened somwhere. Then the warden went into my cell which i disarmed him for his gun. When he ran out, I shot him once and ended up killing him by accident. I felt really bad about this, so I tried to fix it by bringing him to cloning. An admin later contacted me asking me what happened to the warden, and I told him basically everything except the meta-communication because I'd feel like a jerk if everyone was banned.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I'm really sorry and if any form of metacommunication is allowed, then I definitely did break the rules. Usually when I do it I try my best not to share or use ic info. However, going onto a server with a lighter set of rules, I may have gotten carried away. I cannot really justify this in any way, but I'll give you my word that I've read the rules, and I won't do this again in the future.
alien219
Byond Username: Ali-en219

Re: [alien219] Conor891 - Metacommunication Permaban Appeal

Post by alien219 » #8188

Just don't communicate outside of the game in a way that would screw over other people. Also if you are going to play with someone, try having an actual relationship with IC conversation at least.
Lifted.