[Stickymayhem] AI ban appeal

Appeals which have been closed.
Reviire
Byond Username: Reviire

[Stickymayhem] AI ban appeal

Post by Reviire » #8408

Banning admin: Sticky... something. An Admin candidate.
Time of ban: 3:00 +10 UTC or so
Reason of banning: I never saw the ban message itself, but it was most likely related to how i was denying EVA access on law 1 grounds, and then de-hulked a hulk that was breaking into my core, lethally.

What happened:
So, the round started, i was being AI for the third/fourth time in a row. Doing AI stuff. Later in the round, a shaft miner starts asking for EVA access (The bit with the suits). I ask him to provide a reason, or he is not allowed in on law 1 grounds. I told him that the equiptment in EVA is used for emergencies, to prevent harm in the case of a breach or spaced crew member, and if he did not provide a reason, i could not let him in. (Missing equiptment would make it impossible to stop potential harm that could happen, and he was a fucking shaft miner, he doesn't need anything in EVA).
He says he doesn't need a reason and i'm just here to open doors, to which i reply, i am here to protect him. The HoP then tells me to stop being shit and follow my laws, and i reply the same thing, that the equiptment is needed to stop potential harm in the case of a breach of spaced crew member.
Later on, the HoP wants to get into the upload, but that never goes anywhere. Genetics gives hulk out to half the station, and there are hulks breaking into everything.
The HoP has hulk, which he and the captain use to try and break into my core. They're both detained by my secborg (Because the HoP didn't hulk until after he was cuffed, i don't get it, why did it do that?) I ask my borg to move them both into my core, so they can never get out of their cuffs. The HoP is put in, and he turns into a hulk in a bit, and when he starts trying to kill the actual AI core, i tell the borg to harmbaton him. He gets dehulked, and i tell the borg to stop.
Round ends, i leave because i was annoyed at a shitty round (There were holes all over the station due to hulks), and then Jordie tells me i got a ban.

Why i think i should be unbanned: I denied inner EVA access under valid law 1 reasoning, and i killed the hulk on a misunderstanding. The policy said that mutantraces are human until they start breaking things, i interpreted mutant races as genetically modified humans, such as hulks.
Further, Intigracy has said that hulks were non-human if they smashed shit, and i never saw when he removed that (Due to the policy page being removed from ss13.eu, where he said that stuff, unless i'm blind)

Did i leave anything out?
Quote from: Gizogin on March 17, 2012, 01:59:01 pm
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Re: AI ban appeal

Post by Stickymayhem » #8409

Hulks are currently human, but that was a small part of the wider issue and not what I based the ban on.

The previous round you adminhelped, complaining that the armory was shit. You then admitted that you planned to bolt it at roundstart, for which you were warned. This involved a discussion about why denying access to these areas at round start violates Rule 1. It's solely to prevent antags from achieving greentext. The next round, you do it again, this time denying access to EVA, despite the previous round's discussion. There is literally nothing in EVA that is really justifiable to declare harmful to humans, and with the HoP's direct order, you still refused. Naturally and appropriately, they began to call you rogue, which you adminhelped. Your borg tased and cuffed the Captain, again violating Law 2, before you told him to beat the hulks entering your core, this time breaking law 1.

Here is the log: http://pastebin.com/Lu7Azh2w

This is just antagonising players for no real reason. An AI shouldn't be ruling the station with law 1. It is a tool to be used by the crew and you failed to understand that, despite being spoken to a round earlier. It ruins rounds to be so anti-crew as an AI and twisting law 1 to deny any order you like isn't acceptable.

Hornygranny said you had recently come off a month silicon ban, and your notes confirmed previous problems with playing silicon. That's why I gave you a week jobban. I'd seriously recommend taking it and reconsidering how you play AI.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Hornygranny
Horny Police
Byond Username: Hornygranny

Post by Hornygranny » #8413

"As far as law 2 ordering your way in somewhere, SECURE areas (EVA, departments, etc.) are not off limits unless there is an IMMEDIATE law 1 threat present. DANGEROUS areas (Armory unless good reason, Atmospherics, Toxins, etc.) should be off-limits to people unless they know what they're doing/have a reason to be in there."

http://tgstation13.org/wiki/Rules#Law_2_Issues
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #8418

Like I told you before, rules are rules, and usually for a good reason. I'm sure I've had to point out the silicon policy page to you before but you refused to follow them. If you want to challenge the policy, then you should appeal to a head admin to get the policy changed, not be stubborn, ignore repeated admin warnings, get banned, and then try and appeal it because
Spoiler:
It's not going to work
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #8843

Always worth mentioning that EVA stands for Extra-Vehicular Activities, as in anyone going outside the station, EVA is not an emergency room and was only ever considered a secure area because there is the RCD in there

The RCD is not something an AI particularly cares about regardless a it isn't human.
The most excessive signature on /tg/station13.

Still not even at the limit after 8 fucking years.
Spoiler:
Urist Boatmurdered [Security] asks, "Why does Zol have a captain-level ID?"
Zol Interbottom [Security] says, "because"

Sergie Borris lives on in our hearts

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Anderson Conagher wrote:Callan is sense.
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
Cause it's a circle spinning around
I smile and make circular motions with my finger to imiatate it
petethegoat wrote:slap a comment on it and call it a feature
MisterPerson wrote:>playing
Do you think this is a game?
Gun Hog wrote:Untested code baby
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
Malkevin wrote:I was the only one that voted for you Callan.
Miggles wrote:>centration development
>trucking
ill believe it when snakes grow arms and strangle me with them

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic
OOC: Dionysus24779: We're nearing a deep philosophical extistential level

Admin PM from-Jordie0608: 33-Jan-2552| Warned: Is a giraffe dork ~tony abbott

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

OOC: Eaglendia: Glad I got to see the rise, fall, rise, and fall of Zol

OOC: Armhulenn: CALLAN
OOC: Armhulenn: YOU MELTED MY FUCKING REVOLVER
OOC: Armhulenn: AND THEN
OOC: Armhulenn: GAVE ME MELTING MELONS
OOC: Armhulenn: GOD FUCKING BLESS YOU
OOC: Armhulenn: you know what's hilarious though
OOC: Armhulenn: I melted ANOTHER TRAITOR'S REVOLVER AFTER THAT

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:>implying im not always right
all we're saying is that you're not crag son
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy
Jeb
Byond Username: Stapler2025

Post by Jeb » #8874

The only thing that is even in EVA that's still a greentext item, is the RCD, which can be mass produced at autolathes.

An AI exists to prevent harm, not tell you that you can't have a space suit on a space station. As callan said, EVA is not emergency supplies, it's for extra-vehicular activities, meaning going outside of the station, in space, to do activities.

Giving someone access to a space suit does not harm them, the only real way I could see "valid" denying access is if they're yelling over comms about how they're going to break into the armory from space and then they request access to EVA, because then you have probable cause to deny it based on the potential for harm.
Guy that made a thing that got put on the homepage of /tg/station13
Defeated in the Great Purge of 2014
[Security] Fiz Bump says, "Beats me, I'm not a scientist. But this is a problem that can be solved with harmbatons."
Johnson Fitzwell asks, "HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU STILL ALIVE?"