[neerti] rimj0b - Permaban for Metacomm

Appeals which have been closed.
rimj0b

[neerti] rimj0b - Permaban for Metacomm

Post by rimj0b » #134118

Byond account and character name: rimj0b

Banning admin: neerti

Ban type (What are you banned from?): Both servers

Ban reason and length: "Metacomm with Mengde. Don't come back.", Permaban.

Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2014-07-09 20:33:10 GMT

Your side of the story: It's been so long that I barely remember details, although Mengde recently appealed his ban and has more information quoted below. It's as simple as he put it, metacommunication. I received the message from him telling me his uplink password and what'd happened, and in the moment I probably thought my mate'd been fucked over and acted on impulse to get him back, ignoring one of the most important aspects of a roleplay game and breaching IC knowledge.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I'm remorseful for being an immature gamer and fully understand the initial issue, and recently remembered the amount of fun I'd had on /tg/station, which I discussed with Mengde. We agreed that it's something we both want to return to because it was a stupid reason to throw it away - Space Station 13 is a game I struggled to enjoy anywhere else. With it having been over a year, and having matured and living a different life in general, I'd love to give it a go again, ensuring my behaviour falls within both the rules and what would be respectful to other players - because nobody deserves to have their fun ruined for OOC revenge, and because nobody should have to waste their time dealing with us doing that.

I respect that our appeals are close together, but I have zero intentions of allowing a friendship ruin the fun for others, and ultimately ourselves, and I'm sure Mengde feels the same way - otherwise we wouldn't be putting the effort into coming back. I'm a big fan of how this place is run and the community level on these servers and would be grateful to become part of it again if it were possible.
Your side of the story: I have no excuse for my behaviour that round, but I apologise. I was screwing about as a traitor geneticist, put a monkey DNA injector into the corridor labelled "hulk", the detective tracked down my prints and injected it into me. I got angrier than I should have, opened a text chat with my metafriend Rimj0b (The admins were aware we were metafriends previously) and gave him my uplink password, and got him to revolver the detective to death. He was reluctant, but I angrily insisted.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I've come back because I miss /tg/station, I enjoyed my time there and would like to be allowed back. I understand that the metacomm rule is one of the most (if not the most) important rule this server has, and have no qualms about receiving my ban in the first instance, however it has been a long time since then and I very much regret throwing my access to a great game away in a moment of anger, and would appreciate being given a second chance.
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Re: [neerti] rimj0b - Permaban for Metacomm

Post by peoplearestrange » #134264

(The OP is referring to this thread: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... lit=Mengde)

Our standard policy for metacommunication, when unbanning someone is to leave the other perma banned. This is to avoid future metacoms, given that you have already proven you cannot be trusted there is no way we can move forward with unbanning both of you.
This is /tg/ policy for as long as I can remember and I don't see it changing.

So you two have a choice right now, either Mengde remains unbanned and you banned, or you two can "swap" and Mengde can be rebanned whilst you are unbanned. However you will have to decide this amongst yourselves.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
rimj0b

Post by rimj0b » #134317

It's understandable sticking to policy and I was vaguely expecting this outcome. I respect that decision, I just want it to be noted that at the end of the day, people can change a lot in that amount of time. Thanks for your reply.
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #134451

Let's say appeal somewhere around the start of next year. In the event that both of you are unbanned, there will be heavy scrutiny and bias against you from any situations involving you or your friend that admins have to look into.
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.