Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Aranclanos - Coderbus ban

Post by iamgoofball » #136437

Byond account and character name: Iamgoofball, irrelevant
Banning admin: Aranclanos
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Coderbus
Ban reason and length: ???, and also ???, all it said was "bye" because aran's great at giving feedback especially when they don't reply when you ask for a ban reason to put in an appeal :)
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 3:11 AM, 11/26/2015
Your side of the story: I THINK they banned me over this:
Quite frankly, if you're gonna shitpost in a PR, you shouldn't abuse your powers when counter-shitposting occurs, if this is indeed the reason. Like I mentioned, I have literally no clue what the actual ban reason is because this is the chat logs leading up to the ban:
Maybe it's because aranclanos disagrees with the concept of seeing people in mechas via huds? Maybe he disagreed with MrStonedOne and I's discussion about all the random bullshit byond has that it really shouldn't? Maybe they were just bored? Nobody knows except them.
Why you think you should be unbanned: Unless a sufficient reason can be provided, this is a literal for no reason ban, and any of those above potential reasons I listed are just as shit.

Apologies for my crude wording, but I'm getting pretty fed up with aran's shit here. He needs to start providing logical reasoning for shit past "bye", "fuck off", and "its shit".

edit: Oh, and if this is over you saying "stop shitposting" from earlier, then don't fucking shitpost yourself you hypocrite, because in this culture of SS13, when you shitpost with the official maintainer badge(tm) that says you're a maintainer, it's assumed that shitposting rights are granted
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Re: Aranclanos - Coderbus ban

Post by peoplearestrange » #136458

Just throwing this out there, why is this always happening to you?
Maybe its time to take a small holiday and come back in a month?

#justsaying
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #136460

peoplearestrange wrote:Just throwing this out there, why is this always happening to you?
Maybe its time to take a small holiday and come back in a month?

#justsaying
You really dont understand the dynamics of coderbus if you think this is a goof exclusive thing.

Nor does the fact that abusing goof is a meme really make it okay.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #136462

There are no guidelines in banning procedures on Coderbus, you can get banned for anything and everything on the whims of whomever has control at the time.

Its inconsistent and varying, its also why I dislike going on the channel as I don't know if I'm going to get kicked or banned because I dared to have a discussion with other people on a subject and someone declares it to be enough and kicks people to stop the conversation, or threatens as such.

To be fair its uncommon but generally you run the risk of kicks/bans if your having a long discussion on any topic that is of no immedient interest to anyone with kick powers.
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #136466

Fair enough, I retract my statement for not really understanding whats going on.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #136479

i had a quick chat to goof about this thread, it's mostly here to get the attention of another person with coderbus irc powers like remie/raz/miauw in a thread which is visible, or cheridan, hi cheridan
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
Cheridan
Byond Username: Cheridan

Post by Cheridan » #136480

I'll look into it goof, so you at least know what's going on. I will say though that telling other coders to 'fuck off' like that is rather rude and doesn't really help team spirit.
The old guideline for avoiding in-game jobbans was "Would this get me fired from the job if I did this in real life?" I think it applies here too, if you showed that kind of behavior towards another employee on a job you'd have a bad time.

@steelpoint go away, your ban -- which lasted less than 24h -- was completely deserved.

edit: hi implyings :)
/tg/station spriter, admin, and headcoder. Feel free to contact me via PM with questions, concerns, or requests.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #136482

@Cheridan Honestly I'm not talking about any ban I got, I've seen other people get kicked from IRC multiple times in the past for any and no reason at all, anecdotal and all but it does happen, at least on the oft times I rarely idle on IRC.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #136494

Cheridan wrote:I will say though that telling other coders to 'fuck off' like that is rather rude and doesn't really help team spirit.

..you showed that kind of behavior towards another employee on a job you'd have a bad time.
I know saying this is probably not worth it but the irony of being told to maintain professional or even friendly conduct with Aran is too much.

He he gets to call me a retarded monkey/fake person/horrible person and close my PRs for the express reason of disliking me than he can deal with goof telling him to fuck off.
rdght91
Byond Username: Roadhog1

Post by rdght91 » #136505

Is Aran the guy that was abusing coder powers in game despite being told to stop over and over years ago?
tedward1337
Byond Username: Tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #136534

rdght91 wrote:Is Aran the guy that was abusing coder powers in game despite being told to stop over and over years ago?
Yep
Major T on Steam/IRC/Twitch/everything else.
Game Admin
PM anytime with questions about the server, policies or for fun!
Spoiler:
<hg|work> why do we unban people
OOC: Shaps: pizza status: fucking delivered
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #136538

Ban's been lifted.
Cheridan
Byond Username: Cheridan

Post by Cheridan » #136541

Kor wrote:
Cheridan wrote:I will say though that telling other coders to 'fuck off' like that is rather rude and doesn't really help team spirit.

..you showed that kind of behavior towards another employee on a job you'd have a bad time.
I know saying this is probably not worth it but the irony of being told to maintain professional or even friendly conduct with Aran is too much.

He he gets to call me a retarded monkey/fake person/horrible person and close my PRs for the express reason of disliking me than he can deal with goof telling him to fuck off.
It goes both ways. If you feel Aran is being rude to you or biased then save the logs and bring it up with someone. I can't tone-police every interaction that goes on.
tedward1337 wrote:
rdght91 wrote:Is Aran the guy that was abusing coder powers in game despite being told to stop over and over years ago?
Yep
Objectively untrue. The only issues with his conduct were related to the +BAN privileges that he got from being an Admin. Because he was an Admin. However, because his rank was Codermin (because he was also a coder), people turn stupid and scream "Why is a coder banning people??" This is why the rank no longer exists.
/tg/station spriter, admin, and headcoder. Feel free to contact me via PM with questions, concerns, or requests.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #136542

aranclanos is an autistic teenage boy with cystic acne