Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Re: [host] cancer_engine -ban evasion

Post by MrStonedOne » #138419

Bottom post of the previous page:

lollerderby wrote:
Saegrimr wrote:
rdght91 wrote:You shouldn't be able to evade your way into an appeal.
Seriously, "I'll stop evading if you unban me" is really the worst excuse I can think of.
This is the main reason I'm hesitant to lift this ban.
MrStonedOne wrote:we could always unban him, then take the number of days he was actively evading on any of the accounts, and add a new temp ban for that length.
on lemmo he ban evaded for 15 days, on this account he got 23 days.

so 38 days...

I'm thinking we should make this official policy... if you ban evade, the time you spent evading is added to the end of your ban assuming you get unbanned.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
cancer_engine
Byond Username: Cancer_Engine

Post by cancer_engine » #138424

could I get something less than a 38 day ban please, for good behavior? How about a ban till xmas? Does that sound fair?
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #138427

It's 38 days better than forever.
cancer_engine

Post by cancer_engine » #138428

forever sounds nice and has a magestic sense of finality to it. 38 is kinda eh and will be full of anxiety.
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #138442

If you survive it will mean you care.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #138448

I honestly have no fucking idea why you are bargaining for shorter ban times. In your last appeal, Lollerderby gave you an ultimatum of next year for a clean try. You ignored this and evaded. Suddenly you have been caught and you are bargaining for shorter ban times because you got fucking caught? In reality you would get a tempban til January 1st PLUS all the time you evaded. Lifting the ban early because you got caught red handed is the most retarded thing I can think of. Sadly, I'm not in charge of this ban so I can merely air my opinion like everyone else.

Justifying a ban to be lifted early because your character "might get forgotten" is a terrible excuse. If you didn't want this to happen, you shouldn't have evaded at all and it wouldn't be a problem. The risk of you getting banned while evading again was high so I don't know you expected. Using IC reasons as justification for OOC actions is always a horrible excuse honestly. The same goes for saying that you are on good behavior because your character is a pacifist and that you will remain on good behavior or this reason. While it is true you behaved for the obscene amount of playtime you managed to wrack up in just one month, an IC reason doesn't control the actions of what you do, that is your choice so don't give me an IC reason as to why you choose to behave. It's a fucking game, you make the choices on what you do, not a character and the excuse is just dumb.

Even on top of that, you didn't evade out of "good will", you evaded because you wanted to play and you got caught and each time you got caught you lied. With leammo, you sat in supportbus and lied for about an hour before you ended up screwing yourself by accidentally logging in with the deathhoof account while MSO was watching for connections. What did you do after that? Whine and bitch on singulo and claim conspiracy and throw a temper tantrum. A little while later you evaded again using a proxy. I asked you about it and you lied again. Quite some time passed because even though it was a proxy, the cancer_engine account wasn't using one and then the stickyban triggered. You decided to appeal this time not because you've changed, but because you caught. I don't believe you've changed one bit because the proxy and lies never really stopped until you got caught redhanded again. You stole cookies from the cookie chair and only claim you've changed because you got caught with your hand it, yet again. The proxy account was less than a month ago and the leammo account was dealt with in August.

Even if you are unbanned for good behavior. Unbanning you now and earlier than even next year is absolutely stupid. Evasion shouldn't be a reward. I have no idea if this is you on singulo because you stopped posting without a trip but you claimed to evade to show you are good and that you have changed or else the admins would never unban you but lollerderby already set an ultimatum for another chance and you blew it. Maybe you have everyone else convinced about your sob story, but I don't buy it for one second.
rdght91
Byond Username: Roadhog1

Post by rdght91 » #138451

I've gotten in shitloads of trouble for something as minor as accidentally evading an old job ban that was re-applied when that glitch caused a bunch of old bans to come back on an alt account. I thought ban evasion was supposed to be a big fucking deal.

And I can say that I don't know about Farley, but the Sergay character was often doing creepy ERP shit and making sexual comments to people who didn't want to participate, and a banbaiter.
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #138453

tbh who cares just unban him it's some shitty byond game and it's not like he's going to stop ban evading.
he ban evaded and was ok.

the 38 days thing sounds fair though
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin

Post by NikNakFlak » #138455

With that logic, no one should be banned ever bluespace because
>It's just a shitty byond game, what's the harm lmao, fuck, no one cares lmao
PickleInspector
Byond Username: PickleInspector

Post by PickleInspector » #138461

Playing this game is worse for Deathoof than being banned. You faked a goddamn suicide to try and make people think you were a different person.
cancer_engine

Post by cancer_engine » #138462

PickleInspector wrote:Playing this game is worse for Deathoof than being banned. You faked a goddamn suicide to try and make people think you were a different person.
Thats kind of a misunderstanding. on singulo's /b/ I said something vaguely suicidal then I left for a long time. admitedly though, I tried to use this to my advantage in the second appeal.
cancer_engine

Post by cancer_engine » #138464

I can honestly say that you guys have dug up a history about me that I have forgotten. I'm really horrified by what I did before. I wish that I didn't do those things, and more importantly I wish that you all could believe me when I said I have changed. Perhaps change doesn't matter. Whatever I can offer to the game doesn't matter because you have a negative impression of me from the past that will tint anything that I do.
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #138472

Paprika was a massive piece of shit as both a person and a human being. He affected far more people with his purposely bad game changes and disgusting ooc attitude. Yet he was given a huge chance with a very controversial unban and was told never to involve himself in the community or code, only in SS13 IC, again. Except here we are; he can speak on the forums and OOC again. The community was not told of this yet didn't notice for some time as he hasn't been a massive shit like before.

The same situation has applied to this guy. He was a massive shitheel that no one liked. If anything admins should be considering how Paprika has seemingly transformed into an okay person, and how it's not impossible for this guy to have done the same. I realize it's a different host and set of headmins but still. Consider offering him the same deal Paprika got. The only grievance people seem to have is with him OOC.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin

Post by NikNakFlak » #138475

paprka didn't ban evade, did you even read my above long ass post?
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #138477

I forgot, ban evasion is the big bad boogeyman of tgstation, even beyond metagaming or being an unlikeable cock, or coding to piss off the playerbase.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin

Post by NikNakFlak » #138482

DrPillzRedux wrote:ban evasion on tgstation, being an unlikeable cock
And there you have the reasons.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #138483

DrPillzRedux wrote:I forgot, ban evasion is the big bad boogeyman of tgstation, even beyond metagaming or being an unlikeable cock, or coding to piss off the playerbase.
So being an unlikeable cock is suddenly less of a big deal after they ban evade? You understand the tiers of progression here, right?
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #138485

If admins banned people for being unlikeable cocks then people who are complained about on an almost daily basis in OOC, singulo, and the forums would be long gone.

This does not happen.

I'm pretty sure you people know exactly who I'm talking about.

Either way, we're getting off topic, can we lock this until this is resolved by a headmin?
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #138496

This is locked because its clear that everything to be said has been said...

Now we await the headmins deliberations
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #138791

[01:12] Cancer_Engine Alright thats it im officially salty
[01:12] Cancer_Engine I wasn't "caught" was I? it was the stickyban system acting up

yeah.

>In your last appeal, Lollerderby gave you an ultimatum of next year for a clean try.

This is all you get. Loller's previous offer is being extended to you one more time. You're not blacklisted and the host has even deferred to headmins on this rather than keep it a hostban so I'd say you're pretty lucky.
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.