Byond Username: Cancer_Engine

[host] cancer_engine -ban evasion

Post by cancer_engine » #138250

Byond account and character name: Cancer_Engine, Farley Mcblunderson
Banning admin: host
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Server
Ban reason and length: Permanent, ban evasion
Time ban was placed (including time zone): Its been to long to remember
Your side of the story: You all probably know who I am, but I don't know how you figured me out again. You all know what I did.
Why you think you should be unbanned: *sigh I knew that no matter what I did there would be no way for me to play here without ban evasion. The stigma of my first account is still strong. I assure you however, I am not like that anymore. I even stopped posting on singulo with my trip a few days ago (maybe thats what gave me away). I thought that maybe some day I would ban evade just right and that when I got cought by niknakflak's all seeing eye I would be forgiven. I am asking for forgiveness because I believe I have truly changed and matured. Starting a few days ago I even stopped playing antag. My character, farley, is a complete pacifist, I can't even ruin people's rounds without breaking character. All I want to do is roleplay. I pour my heart and soul into this game, and I have made some really emotional attachments to other players. Lollerderby, I know you said you would give me a fair review at the start of the next year, and I'm sorry for doubting you. But please, everyone, see that I am laying out my heart here. I care for tgstation more than most other things. It breaks my heart to have to start all over again all the time with new characters. It breaks my heart to have my only true friends ripped away from me with this ban.
Please believe me.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Re: [host] cancer_engine -ban evasion

Post by onleavedontatme » #138253

Dunno who you are but I have had zero trouble with this ckey/character.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #138254

Liar liar pants on fire
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #138255

character reference
farley mcblunderson has contributed to rounds and roleplay in the ones he's been in
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #138257

Character references don't really mean shit, especially when its deathhoof.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
lollerderby
Byond Username: Lollerderby
Github Username: lollerderby

Post by lollerderby » #138259

It's really, really hard for me to seriously consider unbanning you with this constant evasion.
DEAD: Tim Ebow says, ">rylie talking shit and not actually doing anything again"
DEAD: Tim Ebow says, "What a twist"
cancer_engine

Post by cancer_engine » #138261

lollerderby wrote:It's really, really hard for me to seriously consider unbanning you with this constant evasion.
I know. I completely understand. But I assure you that if I am ever unbanned I will never give a good reason for banning me again. Truly I can confess that I have no desires but to care and be cared for. RP is what I seek more than anything else and I see no way to ruin rounds being the pacifist that I am. For good measure I would graciously accept a ban from all jobs except assistant, a ban from all antags, and a ban from ooc.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #138270

Their ic behaviour is better than most of the permabanned people we have seen before, and most of them got second chances.

We have nothing to lose really.

I think they deserve a second chance.
cancer_engine

Post by cancer_engine » #138275

some evidence that people feel that I should be unbanned because I rp now:
> http://www.singulo.io/tg/res/60565.html
> attached image
Spoiler:
Yes, everything in the attached image is true. I originally tested the waters with an alt account using a leftist vpn. This was a mistake. I didn't realize that byond would figure out its an alt account since I used seperate emails and even went through the trouble of deleting it. Undoubtably using a leftist vpn was a huge mistake, anything else wouldnt have linked to me. Sorry for saying I didn't lie niknak, its true I did lie, I just didn't realize it at that moment.

I have nothing to hide anymore (I think). Please judge me fully with the whole extent of your heart.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #138278

cancer_engine wrote:using a leftist vpn.
I'm sorry, what makes a VPN "leftist"?
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
cancer_engine

Post by cancer_engine » #138280

Saegrimr wrote:
cancer_engine wrote:using a leftist vpn.
I'm sorry, what makes a VPN "leftist"?
check these guys out, they provide lots of neat leftist services:
https://help.riseup.net/
one time me and some comrades used riseup's riseup pad to organize the framework for /leftypol/'s detroit commune project. It's a shame that died out.
Docprofsmith
Byond Username: Jud1c470r

Post by Docprofsmith » #138281

Honestly he genuinely seems to have changed. He's doing some good RP and actually contributing to rounds without annihilating everything in his path. Make no mistake, evasion is a big deal. But I'd say definitely consider unbanning him, just slap on that OOC, antag, and job ban.

Let the kid play his game.
JUDICATOR REDEMPTION ARC
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #138283

I can vouch for him as being friendly. He's always good to RP with. I mean just the other day he and someone were sitting at the table in the dorms talking when a secborg (who was banned after) formed a lynch mob, saying they were erping, and tried to kill him. He took the person and dragged them to safety without fighting.
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #138284

enough of the political shit though please
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #138285

Coming from experience here, while I never ban evaded there's a point where I considered it.

I suggest giving deathhoof the same treatment I got, telling him to make a new Ckey, putting a note on it about who it really is, and monitoring his behavior in a probation period. I mean I can be an unavoidably stupid asshole but I'd do anything to keep playing Quarterjew and EbolaShutin on /tg/.

Or just let him keep ban evading like BeardBeard, I guess. If making this post is out of line you can delete it and I apologize.
cancer_engine

Post by cancer_engine » #138286

paprika wrote:Coming from experience here, while I never ban evaded there's a point where I considered it.

I suggest giving deathhoof the same treatment I got, telling him to make a new Ckey, putting a note on it about who it really is, and monitoring his behavior in a probation period. I mean I can be an unavoidably stupid asshole but I'd do anything to keep playing Quarterjew and EbolaShutin on /tg/.

Or just let him keep ban evading like BeardBeard, I guess. If making this post is out of line you can delete it and I apologize.
im happy with my current ckey pls
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #138287

Yes hello what are FNR posting rules and why are they selectively enforced on a single thread in the last month.
Danowar
Byond Username: Danowar

Post by Danowar » #138289

Plot twist of the fucking century.

I didn't mind hanging out with you, Farley. However, judging from how eager you were to join in our shenanigans made you seem fishy as all hell. It all makes sense now.

I was even planning on writing my next story about you. I might have to use Garithos instead now.
cancer_engine

Post by cancer_engine » #138292

Danowar wrote:Plot twist of the fucking century.

I didn't mind hanging out with you, Farley. However, judging from how eager you were to join in our shenanigans made you seem fishy as all hell. It all makes sense now.

I was even planning on writing my next story about you. I might have to use Garithos instead now.
I didn't "plan" on hanging out with you guys, it just happens that you were the ones in the bar a lot when I started rping there frequently.

edit: I never planned to do anything cause I was fairly certain I wouldnt be caught ban evading
Man_Shroom
Byond Username: Man_Shroom

Post by Man_Shroom » #138294

farley is a cool guy except for the erp stuff

free farley
cancer_engine

Post by cancer_engine » #138295

Man_Shroom wrote:farley is a cool guy except for the erp stuff

free farley
I havnt erpd yet
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #138296

Can we stop posting unless it has something to do with the ban.
nsos
Byond Username: NOSENSEOFSELF

Post by nsos » #138302

free him
Hibbles
Byond Username: HotelBravoLima

Post by Hibbles » #138304

I say anybody can post here with their opinion, although of course this includes 'deafhoof is a fage'. This just seems like a bit of a community issue compared to the normal things, because the question is whether a person who appears to not be shit anymore can come back after doing one of the very few things that put a person past the normal point of no return.

Seriously, it's a running joke among idiots how temporary and porous our bans and punishments are, and you found a way to become so hyper-hated you literally couldn't have returned within the rules.

If you're changed though, we lose little giving you another shot. The worst you could do is mess up a round, and I do that on the regular, for free.

From my infrequent seeing cancer_engine on the server, you appear to be a perfectly normal player who doesn't cause no trouble and picks up the can when told, so hey.
RIP
daman997
Byond Username: Daman997

Post by daman997 » #138308

he's a good boy he deserves the unban
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin

Post by NikNakFlak » #138310

Evading three times though I mean, where do we draw the line. How many times does deathhoof have to lie and waste our time with meme appeals for him to be taken seriously.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #138312

Megalopeos has appealed like three times in the last week lets unban him too.
cancer_engine

Post by cancer_engine » #138313

NikNakFlak wrote:Evading three times though I mean, where do we draw the line. How many times does deathhoof have to lie and waste our time with meme appeals for him to be taken seriously.
>3 times
I dont consider that one time I probed the waters with the alt account as a time
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin

Post by NikNakFlak » #138314

There was the attempted evasions that the stickyban caught, the leammo account, and then this new one.
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #138315

What was his original crime, before all the evasion?
cancer_engine

Post by cancer_engine » #138316

TheNightingale wrote:What was his original crime, before all the evasion?
Complaining about an antag ban on singulo before the round ended.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin

Post by NikNakFlak » #138317

Well actually it's not as simple as that.
It was because he did something shit after he had a note that if he did one more shit thing he would be perma'd.

2014-08-06 00:00:00 | Sybil | subtlegraces [Remove Note] [Edit Note]
Warned - OOC in IC.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014-08-12 00:00:00 | Sybil | subtlegraces [Remove Note] [Edit Note]
Banned for 15 minutes - OOC in IC.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014-09-01 00:00:00 | Sybil | misterstaub [Remove Note] [Edit Note]
Warned for immediatly assuming a multitool was an AI Tracker on absolutely no grounds.
2014-09-07 00:00:00 | Sybil | saegrimr [Remove Note] [Edit Note]
Banned from pAI, AI, Cyborg - Asked to have revolutionariest unhumaned as ASIMOV.
2014-09-26 00:00:00 | Sybil | blessedheretic [Remove Note] [Edit Note]
Managed to successfully cause the station to mutiny him for valid reasons, Ahelped it and instantly went off the rails and attacked his savior and lethaled the HoS for doing his job. Not jobbaned, but if he is a shit captain in the future give a harsh punishment please.
2014-09-26 00:00:00 | Sybil | quartzcrystal [Remove Note] [Edit Note]
Banned from Assistant - See the reasons for your 3 day ban. Appeal on the forums after that ban is done if you wish.
Banned for 4320 minutes - As an assistant, did the "gimmick" of dressing up as security and spraying people with welder fluid. Would then light them on fire if attacked/or if they were smoking, etc. Gave the reason of "because im a pyromaniac". You've clearly not read our most basic rules on this server, which you can find on the wiki now. Also got an assistant job ban to hopefully encourage you to not be terrible and contribute to the round when you come back after this ban.
2014-10-04 00:00:00 | Sybil | saegrimr [Remove Note] [Edit Note]
Was talked to about some pretty bold accusations against a human as a cyborg, most of which were just assumptions, but things like accusing people of mass murder as a cyborg generally lead to executions.
2014-10-04 00:00:00 | Sybil | quartzcrystal [Remove Note] [Edit Note]
Threw a flashbang at a blob. Got 4 people down who then died. Got a warning.
2014-10-26 00:00:00 | Sybil | kinglouisxiv [Remove Note] [Edit Note]
Banned for 20160 minutes - Kidnapped and performed shady maintenance tunnel surgery on at least two victims, despite having adminhelped his scheme prior to the round and being told NOT to do this. You've already been asked to familiarize yourself with the rules, on top of being blatantly told not to run this gimmick.
Banned from Chief Medical Officer, Medical Doctor, Geneticist, Virologist, Chemist - Kidnapped and performed shady maintenance tunnel surgery on at least two victims, despite having adminhelped his scheme prior to the round and being told NOT to do this. You've already been asked to familiarize yourself with the rules, on top of being blatantly told not to run this gimmick.
2014-11-10 00:00:00 | Sybil | kinglouisxiv [Remove Note] [Edit Note]
Watch for any ~weird shit~ involving surgery or oranges. He knows where we draw the line, do not let him cross it. http://puu.sh/cLQlr.png
2014-11-11 00:00:00 | Sybil | hotelbravolima [Remove Note] [Edit Note]
As Secborg, arrested a crewman who was not harmful, and who he had no reason to think was harmful. Crewman ordered him to let him go, Secborg refused. He was reminded about Law 2 and all that stuff in a warning, didn't agree but agreed to go along with what we said.
2014-11-15 00:00:00 | Sybil | subtlegraces [Remove Note] [Edit Note]
Banned for 30 minutes - Shuttle Grief
2015-01-31 00:00:00 | Sybil | sometinyprick [Remove Note] [Edit Note]
Warned about not cooperating with teamates in nuke op.
2015-01-31 00:00:00 | Sybil | an0n3 [Remove Note] [Edit Note]
Warned for spamming VOX as AI.
2015-03-17 00:00:00 | Sybil | saegrimr [Remove Note] [Edit Note]
Warned - As captain, ordered a virus crate and infected himself and others with magnitis because he was bored and wanted to do something fun.
2015-03-24 00:00:00 | Sybil | sometinyprick [Remove Note] [Edit Note]
Banned for 4320 minutes - Infected himself on purpose and refused to allow the removal of the embyro
2015-03-27 00:00:00 | Sybil | tsaricide [Remove Note] [Edit Note]
Set turrets to lethal as asimov ai
2015-04-11 00:00:00 | Sybil | ikarrus [Remove Note] [Edit Note]
Asked to have his loyalty implant removed after he was deconverted from gang.
Banned from Syndicate - Got converted to gang, got implanted, went to medbay to have it removed, then went around asking to be reconverted back into gang.
Holy shit this guy just perma him next time he does something shit he really doesn't understand how to play nice.
2015-04-11 00:00:00 | Sybil | saegrimr [Remove Note] [Edit Note]
Permanently banned - Posting about the round on Singulo complaining about his antag ban while the round was still in effect. You should know better than this.

and then a few stuff like evading and lying about it to admins and wasting an hour of our time and more lying and some meme appeals, just being a general admin headache
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #138318

Honestly the perma wouldn't have even stuck if you didn't go on the most hilarious of autistic crusades on singulo.
That was something, that and the split personality weirdness with "Leammo"
cancer_engine

Post by cancer_engine » #138319

Spoiler:
NikNakFlak wrote:Well actually it's not as simple as that.
It was because he did something shit after he had a note that if he did one more shit thing he would be perma'd.

2014-08-06 00:00:00 | Sybil | subtlegraces [Remove Note] [Edit Note]
Warned - OOC in IC.
2014-08-12 00:00:00 | Sybil | subtlegraces [Remove Note] [Edit Note]
Banned for 15 minutes - OOC in IC.
2014-09-01 00:00:00 | Sybil | misterstaub [Remove Note] [Edit Note]
Warned for immediatly assuming a multitool was an AI Tracker on absolutely no grounds.
2014-09-07 00:00:00 | Sybil | saegrimr [Remove Note] [Edit Note]
Banned from pAI, AI, Cyborg - Asked to have revolutionariest unhumaned as ASIMOV.
2014-09-26 00:00:00 | Sybil | blessedheretic [Remove Note] [Edit Note]
Managed to successfully cause the station to mutiny him for valid reasons, Ahelped it and instantly went off the rails and attacked his savior and lethaled the HoS for doing his job. Not jobbaned, but if he is a shit captain in the future give a harsh punishment please.
Banned from Assistant - See the reasons for your 3 day ban. Appeal on the forums after that ban is done if you wish.
Banned for 4320 minutes - As an assistant, did the "gimmick" of dressing up as security and spraying people with welder fluid. Would then light them on fire if attacked/or if they were smoking, etc. Gave the reason of "because im a pyromaniac". You've clearly not read our most basic rules on this server, which you can find on the wiki now. Also got an assistant job ban to hopefully encourage you to not be terrible and contribute to the round when you come back after this ban.
2014-10-04 00:00:00 | Sybil | saegrimr [Remove Note] [Edit Note]
Was talked to about some pretty bold accusations against a human as a cyborg, most of which were just assumptions, but things like accusing people of mass murder as a cyborg generally lead to executions.
2014-10-04 00:00:00 | Sybil | quartzcrystal [Remove Note] [Edit Note]
Threw a flashbang at a blob. Got 4 people down who then died. Got a warning.
Banned for 20160 minutes - Kidnapped and performed shady maintenance tunnel surgery on at least two victims, despite having adminhelped his scheme prior to the round and being told NOT to do this. You've already been asked to familiarize yourself with the rules, on top of being blatantly told not to run this gimmick.
Banned from Chief Medical Officer, Medical Doctor, Geneticist, Virologist, Chemist - Kidnapped and performed shady maintenance tunnel surgery on at least two victims, despite having adminhelped his scheme prior to the round and being told NOT to do this. You've already been asked to familiarize yourself with the rules, on top of being blatantly told not to run this gimmick.
2014-11-10 00:00:00 | Sybil | kinglouisxiv [Remove Note] [Edit Note]
Watch for any ~weird shit~ involving surgery or oranges. He knows where we draw the line, do not let him cross it. http://puu.sh/cLQlr.png
2014-11-11 00:00:00 | Sybil | hotelbravolima [Remove Note] [Edit Note]
As Secborg, arrested a crewman who was not harmful, and who he had no reason to think was harmful. Crewman ordered him to let him go, Secborg refused. He was reminded about Law 2 and all that stuff in a warning, didn't agree but agreed to go along with what we said.
2014-11-15 00:00:00 | Sybil | subtlegraces [Remove Note] [Edit Note]
Banned for 30 minutes - Shuttle Grief
2015-01-31 00:00:00 | Sybil | sometinyprick [Remove Note] [Edit Note]
Warned about not cooperating with teamates in nuke op.
2015-01-31 00:00:00 | Sybil | an0n3 [Remove Note] [Edit Note]
Warned for spamming VOX as AI.
2015-03-17 00:00:00 | Sybil | saegrimr [Remove Note] [Edit Note]
Warned - As captain, ordered a virus crate and infected himself and others with magnitis because he was bored and wanted to do something fun.
2015-03-24 00:00:00 | Sybil | sometinyprick [Remove Note] [Edit Note]
Banned for 4320 minutes - Infected himself on purpose and refused to allow the removal of the embyro
2015-03-27 00:00:00 | Sybil | tsaricide [Remove Note] [Edit Note]
Set turrets to lethal as asimov ai
Asked to have his loyalty implant removed after he was deconverted from gang.
Banned from Syndicate - Got converted to gang, got implanted, went to medbay to have it removed, then went around asking to be reconverted back into gang.
Holy shit this guy just perma him next time he does something shit he really doesn't understand how to play nice.
2015-04-11 00:00:00 | Sybil | saegrimr [Remove Note] [Edit Note]
Permanently banned - Posting about the round on Singulo complaining about his antag ban while the round was still in effect. You should know better than this.

and then a few stuff like evading and lying about it to admins and wasting an hour of our time and more lying and some meme appeals, just being a general admin headache
You know, I can't believe I was even like that at some point. Makes me wish my first server was hippie station. Could have gotten all the greytide out then. im just plain and simple not interested in being a dick anymore. I dont even want to be associated with all that. I'm just simply not like it anymore.

edit: I can't believe I was such a fool before. Now atlast I see why the admins don't like me. I've never had an unbroken streak of good behavior such as the one that came with this latest ban evasion. I never apreciated not being shit untill now. It was always about powergaming back then, always about being the best. It's just not important to me anymore. I wish I could do everything all over again. I wish that I could get a clean plate (yet keep my latest character).
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #138331

How long do you think you can keep it up?
cancer_engine

Post by cancer_engine » #138332

Saegrimr wrote:How long do you think you can keep it up?
being good? Permanently. Well that might be an optimistic estimate, but I can assure you that I will be good as long as I keep roleplaying a pacifist and I don't forsee stopping that any time soon.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #138334

I hope so, good luck.
lollerderby

Post by lollerderby » #138356

The main reason I don't want to unban you is because of this constant evading, shitposting on singulo about how awful /tg/station is is annoying but not really something to keep someone permabanned over if their IC behavior is acceptable which it seems to be now.
DEAD: Tim Ebow says, ">rylie talking shit and not actually doing anything again"
cancer_engine

Post by cancer_engine » #138359

I don't really complain about the server on singulo anymore. If I do then its ironic. I've got no reason to complain, things arnt like they were when I was banned. This admin team is a lot more competent and I even think the coders are doing a better job of moderating what gets merged. At the same time I still feel that free speech has a ways to go here, although I dont care for talking about that either anymore. I just want to rp man.
lollerderby

Post by lollerderby » #138360

Okay, but why should I not trash you for evading yet again.
newfren
Byond Username: Newfren

Post by newfren » #138373

please leave an ooc ban on him he was the worst person to read on ooc
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #138381

we could always unban him, then take the number of days he was actively evading on any of the accounts, and add a new temp ban for that length.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
Alex Crimson
Byond Username: Dazbuzz

Post by Alex Crimson » #138385

Im no admin, but i thought the whole point of the host bans was to be a "Fuck off we do not want you here. Ever." message. I guess you guys unban people like that if they have recommendations from wonderful examples of this playerbase, like Bluespace.
cancer_engine

Post by cancer_engine » #138392

lollerderby wrote:Okay, but why should I not trash you for evading yet again.
I would have no reason to evade anymore if I was unbanned, and I probably won't need to evade again after this because I doubt I will get banned again with my current playstyle.
we could always unban him, then take the number of days he was actively evading on any of the accounts, and add a new temp ban for that length.
Please no. I really just want to get back into the game asap so I can rp with the spessmen friends I have made through farley. The last thing I want is for them to grow distant, it'll already been hard enough Ithink to handle having these ooc shenanigans affect the ic perception of my chracter. I will accept antag ban, job ban, ooc ban, anything you got. I feel like I don't shitpost ooc anymore but thats fine. Just gimme my rp man.

EDIT: The worst punishment that could ever have been placed on me has already been placed. It was being discovered. All I wanted was to not be affiliated with deathhoof because of the repercussions it would have on people's outlook of me in game. That happened now. I have already lost atleast one friend. I anticipate many more losses, but I hope that I can recuperate those losses through good rp.
rdght91
Byond Username: Roadhog1

Post by rdght91 » #138402

You shouldn't be able to evade your way into an appeal.
cancer_engine

Post by cancer_engine » #138403

rdght91 wrote:You shouldn't be able to evade your way into an appeal.
you have no idea man. there was absolutely zero chance of me getting unbanned unless I showed I could play well IC.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #138409

Seriously, "I'll stop evading if you unban me" is really the worst excuse I can think of.
lollerderby

Post by lollerderby » #138410

Saegrimr wrote:
Seriously, "I'll stop evading if you unban me" is really the worst excuse I can think of.
This is the main reason I'm hesitant to lift this ban.
cancer_engine

Post by cancer_engine » #138412

lollerderby wrote:
Saegrimr wrote:
Well don't unban me because of that, unban me because I've changed my ways.
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #138419

lollerderby wrote:
Saegrimr wrote:
MrStonedOne wrote:we could always unban him, then take the number of days he was actively evading on any of the accounts, and add a new temp ban for that length.
on lemmo he ban evaded for 15 days, on this account he got 23 days.

so 38 days...

I'm thinking we should make this official policy... if you ban evade, the time you spent evading is added to the end of your ban assuming you get unbanned.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW: