[Ikarrus] Doctah Yagi - A bit of a misunderstanding.

Appeals which have been closed.
Doctah Yagi

[Ikarrus] Doctah Yagi - A bit of a misunderstanding.

Post by Doctah Yagi » #9009

Byond account and character name: Doctah Yagi | Dandy
Banning admin: Ikarrus
Ban reason and length: "Took down grav gen, logged after getting PM" from what the ban said. I did not see a length anywhere, and I'll explain why in the story.
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2014-05-25 20:09:13 PST
Your side of the story: Now, I don't know much about what transpired, but I think there has been a bit of a misunderstanding. I'm guessing the "Took down grav gen" is referring to me messing around with IED's around the grav gen. I am completely guilty of this, and apologize for it. There are no real excuses, I'm just incredibly new and was messing around. I'm not sure how rule breaking it was that I set off two IED's around the grav gen, but I accept any punishment I get for that. I am truly sorry for that.

However, I can promise you I did not purposely log after being PM'd by a admin. In fact, I never saw the PM. There was a pretty heavy storm in my area, so my power has been flashing all day. It generally comes back almost instantly, but I was left in the dark for about 30 minutes in this instance. I came back to see that I was banned, and of course, was a bit taken back. I can assure you I was in no way attempting to avoid being punished, it was simply a misunderstanding.

Why you think you should be unbanned: Well, I'm unsure of the punishment for the IED minging I was doing. Again, I am truly sorry for that, and I will not be doing it again. If I need to be punished for it, I can accept that with respect. However, I do not wish to be punished for the power flashing on me. It was not my intent to leave like that, especially if I was being punished. I can completely understanding. I can even understand if it does not matter if my leaving was intentional or not. I simply wanted to clear the air about that.
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Re: [Ikarrus] Doctah Yagi - A bit of a misunderstanding.

Post by Ikarrus » #9026

Thanks for coming here and explaining your situation. Your IEDs ended up destroying the gravity generator, which in turn disabled the entire station's gravity...

I've lifted the ban.

Next time you want to run some experiments, please do it away from important-looking machines.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?