[Ausops] Perma Ban Appeal - State a fact, get banned.

Appeals which have been closed.
Tornadium
Byond Username: Tornadium

[Ausops] Perma Ban Appeal - State a fact, get banned.

Post by Tornadium » #140019

Byond account and character name: Tornadium - Random Names
Banning admin: Ausops
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Perma-Ban
Ban reason and length: Attitude towards the game unplayable for playing security on this server or on this server in General.
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2015-12-13 11AM GMT

Your side of the story: I got perma banned for making this post. https://www.tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewt ... ad#p140003

Why you think you should be unbanned: I got banned for stating that you cannot ever tell if a search is random or not. I stated people will lie about random searches because people will always random search. I said you cannot have much administrative oversight on this because you are going to ban a hell of a lot of security players because most of the reasoning for searches comes from them being the witness of certain actions which people can and will continue to lie about because it's been the same for years.

Ausops takes this as me saying
>we'll just lie if you question us
>you can't do your job of keeping this server fun so don't try

I know just the thing
So he perma's me based on mutual dislike of one another.

I mean really? You're handing out a permaban because I made a post stating that taking administrative action over random searches is going to be a clusterfuck? Really? Have I had a single issue or warning from an admin when playing security or any other role to justify this ban? Or is this purely because I disagreed with you?

Where in my post did I say I did any of those things? Have I done any of those things? No. You're taking a post which states facts about how people play security on nearly every single server for SS13 and saying it's my opinion that it's correct and that I wholeheartedly support it because that is my attitude. I went out of my way to say there are innocent players who will get caught up in these kinds of administrative actions.

I honestly don't get it.
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Re: [Ausops] Perma Ban Appeal - State a fact, get banned.

Post by Luke Cox » #140020

Unless he practiced this in-game after being warned by admins, this is total bullshit. People routinely do way worse to sec and get off scot-free
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #140021

I'm enjoying the fact 6 months ago everybody told me I was being too much of a hardass for permabanning you from security, and yet this keeps happening. From multiple different admins no less.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #140022

Luke Cox wrote:Unless he practiced this in-game after being warned by admins, this is total bullshit. People routinely do way worse to sec and get off scot-free
I didn't do anything as security, I haven't had a single bwoink in quite a while about anything I've done as sec.

I got perma'd literally because I made a post saying people will abuse Security because they have always abused security and will continue to abuse security.

Apparently because I state something like that it means that it's my attitude that it's okay and we should all be doing it or some shit.
Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #140024

Saegrimr wrote:I'm enjoying the fact 6 months ago everybody told me I was being too much of a hardass for permabanning you from security, and yet this keeps happening. From multiple different admins no less.
Funny story, I didn't do anything as security.

This wasn't based on anything that happened ingame.
Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #140025

Who just locked my post?

Also I should note i've been playing CM for the last week or so rather than TG.

I've played a few rounds on TG but most of it was being AFK. I haven't had a single issue, not a single problem or a single complaint. This ban is entirely because I made an objective post talking about how security is played.

I wasn't even involved in what started the discussion that I made the post in, It was completely irrelevant to me. I didn't random search anyone, I didn't lie about anything, I didn't do anything.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #140027

It was me, make your damn point and stop editing posts after people have read it and replied to you in some effort to look the more calm and rational party. This isn't the first time i've seen your appeals.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #140028

Saegrimr wrote:It was me, make your damn point and stop editing posts after people have read it and replied to you in some effort to look the more calm and rational party. This isn't the first time i've seen your appeals.
I edited my post to make what I originally said clearer because I'm fully aware how a hate bandwagon can form on an appeal thread if you aren't 100% clear on what you mean.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #140029

And when i'm replying to "Who just locked my post?", after everything is submitted suddenly theres a shitton of new (and completely pointless) information.
Spoiler:
Just take a minute to read over your own post instead of slamming words out and changing your mind instantly.
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #140030

You are a confrontational, angry, and vindictive person. There have been multiple times where I stood up for your actions as security where you never knew but your post with your history was the last straw.

I am confident your ban will be in no way detrimental to the server.
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.