Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

[HotelBravoLima] Zilenan91 - ERT/DS Jobban

Post by Zilenan91 » #142709

Byond account and character name : Zilenan91, random ERT name I don't remember

Banning admin : HotelBravoLima

Ban Type : ERT jobban

Time ban was placed : Months ago

Your side of the story : So it's a gang round on Metastation and shit's fucked basically, so the admins decide to spawn an ERT. In I come as a sec ERT member. We eventually get off of centcom and get to the station, and literally immediately both the medics and the engineer fuck off and die, never to be seen again. The only ones left who are actually communicating and doing things are the other sec ERT member, the commander and myself. We go around blasting some fools and stopping evildoer syndicate gangers, and the sec member and commander promptly fuck off and I assume die to something. I am alone. From there I go around the station killing gangsters until the shuttle we'd called earlier gets here. I go onto it and since I doubt even a single loyal crewmember was left, I blow up all the walls in the shuttle, an action I later regret, and get ready to leave. While waiting a few gangsters break into the shuttle with L6 SAWs spawned by admins to kill me, and I kill all of them. Before the shuttle takes off, however, a dominator is dropped in virology, so I go into space, kill all of the gangsters there (who had also had SAWs spawned in to stop me) and destroy the dominator before making my way back into the shuttle. Before it takes off I kill a few people who got on, most of which either have ERT gear and admin-spawned SAWs. After they're all dead, I ride the shuttle in peace alone.

Why you think you should be unbanned : In a conversation over ahelps HBL said to me that one of the only reasons he was banning me was because almost the entirety of OOC was out for my blood, ending off with saying that the whole thing was just a really shitty situation since I didn't really do anything wrong, and then ERT banning me. I think enough time has passed for this to be appealed.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Re: [HotelBravoLima] Zilenan91 - ERT/DS Jobban

Post by NikNakFlak » #142737

Ban reason in database is: Murderboner-y as ERT, even in a tough situations. Some very sketchy 'just because I have power and Admin Role' kills in there. Not really great for such a role.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #142763

There was only one guy who I really regret killing that round, and that was a clown wearing an EVA suit who was in a corner playing the guitar. Other than that everybody else attacked me.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #142827

I think this might be the dumbest ban I have ever seen
callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #142950

oranges wrote:I think this might be the dumbest ban I have ever seen
Aside from blowing holes in the shuttle what would admins expect from spawning guys that are basically a deathsquad and them wrecking people that were picking them off?

Fuck OOC why would anyone give a shit spawn more dudes to fight him.
Last edited by callanrockslol on Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #142951

They did. They spawned SAWs and squids, the squids didn't get there in time but I killed everyone else. That just pissed OOC off more. I think my final kill tally was like 20 people including 2 squids at centcom whereupon the round ended.

I do have to mention though that everything the "ERT" did that round was solely me and the commander. Everyone else fucked off and died, so I kinda had all of it directed on me alone after the commander died.
Amelius
Byond Username: Amelius

Post by Amelius » #142998

The ban reason may as well read 'was TOO effective as an ERT officer and dispatched the threat singlehandedly despite IC admin intervention and the swift, immediate death of most of the ERT.'

Basically if you don't want the threat neutralized or to at least to even the fighting odds (say, zero sec in rev/gang), don't bring in an ERT. Sometimes they'll outperform expectations, crazy eh? And there's no way in hell that's bannable.
Tornadium
Byond Username: Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #143005

Lmao what the fuck is this ban
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #143011

To counter the rampant speculation that's going on here while we wait for HBL, I was in this round and saw what happened. He was a security ERT that was dispatched to deal with a gang that was taking way too long to plant their dominator, and he almost immediately ran around shooting people who were completely unrelated to the gang and nowhere near the actual gang base(notably, after getting off the shuttle he shot a some random dude sitting around in cargo doing nothing, as well as a clown later who was also standing around doing nothing). I don't remember who else he shot.
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #143013

Yeah the clown was the only guy I regret shooting, I don't remember killing the cargo guy at all. There WAS also a doctor on the shuttle who I killed who wasn't doing anything but the entirety of medbay was gang so...

Also the second we spawned in the ERT commander made it abundantly clear we were going there above all else to kill gangsters.
Hibbles
Byond Username: HotelBravoLima

Post by Hibbles » #143042

Ban lifted.
RIP