[niknakflak] D4UQ - Perma for metagaming

Appeals which have been closed.
BigBigMoney
Byond Username: BigBigMoney

[niknakflak] D4UQ - Perma for metagaming

Post by BigBigMoney » #143545

Byond account and character name: D4UQ (not sure about my name in game, but I think it was John Businessman.)

Banning admin: Niknakflak

Ban type (What are you banned from?): Permanent Ban

Ban reason and length: Metagaming with a former friend who introduced me to the game, permanent.

Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2015-9-11, 03:08:29 Pacific time

Your side of the story: Not much to say honestly, my friend gave me his alt account to use, and he convinced metagaming wasn't a big deal. He saved my ass when I was getting killed, and that alerted the admin to our blatant cheating.

Why you think you should be unbanned: I really liked the game when I was not cheating. And I'd really love to play again, I tried playing on some other stations and they weren't really as good. I'm also getting a new pc soon, and as I understand logging in as a different PC is considered ban evasion, and I'd rather not get into further trouble.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Re: [niknakflak] D4UQ - Perma for metagaming

Post by NikNakFlak » #143589

Apparently according to the original banning admin, you lied when he questioned you.
There is also a thing where the ban came off due to a database bug but then it was reapplied by me, which isn't evading since it was our database that borked.
Did you play anywhere else that could get a voucher for you?
BigBigMoney

Post by BigBigMoney » #143593

Ayy, thanks for the response. I honestly don't remember lying to the admin, but I don't doubt it, I was following my friend's lead, which was pretty stupid of me. As for other stations, I don't remember playing on many, I am positive I've played on Liberty and Yogs as chemist and Security under a username I can't remember. (something like Johnrasverry I believe) As for /tg/ I can remember playing primarily Security, which I think I was decent at.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin

Post by NikNakFlak » #143597

I meant can you get a vouch from an admin on a server but eh I don't think you need to bother.
Which accounts are yours and which are your friends because the Computer IDs mix on some of them and it gets confusing tracking histories and what not.
BigBigMoney

Post by BigBigMoney » #143598

My friend's main account is QU4D, which is what he was playing on, while mine was D4UQ, which is the one he let me use. Or are you asking what other accounts he has played as?
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin

Post by NikNakFlak » #143599

There's also juan5022, rockdontstop, and the bigbigmoney account
BigBigMoney

Post by BigBigMoney » #143600

Juan5022 was one I primarily used for a while after, and bigbigmoney was one I made since I forgot the password on Juan5022. Also I don't know where rockdontstop comes from.

Small edit: I should probably go into greater detail about these accounts, Juan5022 was one I had used for a while following D4UQ, where I played on /vg/ for a good while, but I did something wrong, where I beat someone with a stun baton, and what would've been a simple job ban, or 24 hour ban, turned into a permanent banned since my laptop died before admins could message me, effectively meaning I logged. But I did a good job as chef and security there, and I think I could get a vouch.(I'm also appealing the ban for that station as well, as part of trying to get back into this game). bigbigmoney was made just recently, and hasn't played on any servers, besides logging into yogstation for about a minute,
mrpain
Byond Username: Mrpain666

Post by mrpain » #143603

I just unbanned him from /vg/

He hasnt played long enough to warrant a recommendation of approval or disapproval from me. Tonight is literally his first night back.

If he asks me a month from now, I'll give a recommendation if he plays on my server consistently without issue.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin

Post by NikNakFlak » #145204

Get a recommendation first, via it be from /vg/ other elsewhere.
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #145302

I'll resolve the thread for now, feel free to PM me to open this thread or start a new one when you have the recommendation.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box