Cancer_Engine, Farley McBlunderson

Banning admin:
Hostban

Ban type:
Permanent ban, host ban across 3 accounts:
Spoiler:
Cancer_Engine, Leammo, Deathhoof
Ban reason and length:
Repeated bad behavior, ban evasion. Permanent length.

Time ban was placed:
Year ago I think.

Your side of the story:
Several weeks ago when I started ban evading for the second time in my carreer as a permabanned player I made it a very personal goal of mine to enjoy the game without being shit, and that is precicesly what I did. I had lots of fun just rping and trying to create fun not just for myself but for everyone in the game. It felt much more rewarding than my previous playstyle of trying to maximize my fun at everyone else's expense. I do not forsee ever regressing to my old playstyle, especially because that sort of past is associated with lots of cringey shit that I did that I really just want to forget.
I'm asking for a second wind. A chance to show everyone that I am no longer the person I was when I got banned a year or so ago, nor the person I was when I got banned half a year ago. No, this is a new era for me, and the experience I plan on bringing to the game if I am ever unbanned is the one that was seen when I was ban evading as the guy that played Farley Mcblunderson.

Sidenote: I was asked to appeal again next (this) year in my last ban appeal thread.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Re: [Host] Cancer_Engine -New Years Appeal

Post by NikNakFlak » #143997

still thumbs down but I'll be ignored. Also I called it that you'd appeal the minute the new year hit, which is slightly autistic.
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #144003

I think there are worse people to unban!
Last edited by TechnoAlchemist on Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
cancer_engine
Byond Username: Cancer_Engine

Post by cancer_engine » #144017

Last edited by cancer_engine on Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
lollerderby
Byond Username: Lollerderby
Github Username: lollerderby

Post by lollerderby » #144027

I'm in favor of unbanning you on heavy probation.
DEAD: Tim Ebow says, ">rylie talking shit and not actually doing anything again"
DEAD: Tim Ebow says, "What a twist"
cancer_engine

Post by cancer_engine » #144033

lollerderby wrote:I'm in favor of unbanning you on heavy probation.
That seems reasonable. I'm keenly aware of how shit I was. However, I'm worried that this heavy probation will get me immediately banned because it seems that there is some kind of issue now involving being friends with people IC, and as an RP guy I plan on having lots of those. I'd very much appreciate it if despite everything you would judge me fairly on matters involving RP. I certainly do not intend to give anyone an unfair advantage or anything like that, but perhaps that kind of thing is not avoidable when hanging out with someone most rounds.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #144605

Free him
duncathan
Byond Username: Dunc
Github Username: duncathan

Post by duncathan » #144608

Who is this, again?
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #144612

Is this the same guy who pretended to commit suicide, then came back and faked DID, just to get on the server?
cancer_engine

Post by cancer_engine » #144614

TheNightingale wrote:Is this the same guy who pretended to commit suicide, then came back and faked DID, just to get on the server?
The whole suicide thing was a big misunderstanding. I posted on singulo /b/ saying I was leaving, and the context made it seem like a suicide thing. Anyways, I did stop posting for a few weeks like I intended to and just let the suicide thing sort itself out. I think I did try to use the suicide thing as part of an appeal, but as a symbolic thing, I wanted to put my past behind me, the same way I want to put my past behind me right now. All in all, the whole situation is regrettable.
A big part of the reason I decided to ban evade last time was to escape the infamy I created for myself. Oh well, so much for that. My new strategy is to just prove to you guys that I am not how I was back then. I hope that you can forgive and forget.
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #144622

cancer_engine

Post by cancer_engine » #144623

You can look at my playstyle the last time I ban evaded as evidence of my changed ways. In this thread https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=5338 you can see a lot of people mention that I did pretty good IC.
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #144625

I feel like quoting niknak's post from the appeal you linked sums shit up quite nicely.
I honestly have no fucking idea why you are bargaining for shorter ban times. In your last appeal, Lollerderby gave you an ultimatum of next year for a clean try. You ignored this and evaded. Suddenly you have been caught and you are bargaining for shorter ban times because you got fucking caught? In reality you would get a tempban til January 1st PLUS all the time you evaded. Lifting the ban early because you got caught red handed is the most retarded thing I can think of. Sadly, I'm not in charge of this ban so I can merely air my opinion like everyone else.

Justifying a ban to be lifted early because your character "might get forgotten" is a terrible excuse. If you didn't want this to happen, you shouldn't have evaded at all and it wouldn't be a problem. The risk of you getting banned while evading again was high so I don't know you expected. Using IC reasons as justification for OOC actions is always a horrible excuse honestly. The same goes for saying that you are on good behavior because your character is a pacifist and that you will remain on good behavior or this reason. While it is true you behaved for the obscene amount of playtime you managed to wrack up in just one month, an IC reason doesn't control the actions of what you do, that is your choice so don't give me an IC reason as to why you choose to behave. It's a fucking game, you make the choices on what you do, not a character and the excuse is just dumb.

Even on top of that, you didn't evade out of "good will", you evaded because you wanted to play and you got caught and each time you got caught you lied. With leammo, you sat in supportbus and lied for about an hour before you ended up screwing yourself by accidentally logging in with the deathhoof account while MSO was watching for connections. What did you do after that? Whine and bitch on singulo and claim conspiracy and throw a temper tantrum. A little while later you evaded again using a proxy. I asked you about it and you lied again. Quite some time passed because even though it was a proxy, the cancer_engine account wasn't using one and then the stickyban triggered. You decided to appeal this time not because you've changed, but because you caught. I don't believe you've changed one bit because the proxy and lies never really stopped until you got caught redhanded again. You stole cookies from the cookie chair and only claim you've changed because you got caught with your hand it, yet again. The proxy account was less than a month ago and the leammo account was dealt with in August.

Even if you are unbanned for good behavior. Unbanning you now and earlier than even next year is absolutely stupid. Evasion shouldn't be a reward. I have no idea if this is you on singulo because you stopped posting without a trip but you claimed to evade to show you are good and that you have changed or else the admins would never unban you but lollerderby already set an ultimatum for another chance and you blew it. Maybe you have everyone else convinced about your sob story, but I don't buy it for one second.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #144626

My rant always reminds me of this:
cancer_engine

Post by cancer_engine » #144627

iamgoofball wrote:I feel like quoting niknak's post from the appeal you linked sums shit up quite nicely.
I honestly have no fucking idea why you are bargaining for shorter ban times. In your last appeal, Lollerderby gave you an ultimatum of next year for a clean try. You ignored this and evaded. Suddenly you have been caught and you are bargaining for shorter ban times because you got fucking caught? In reality you would get a tempban til January 1st PLUS all the time you evaded. Lifting the ban early because you got caught red handed is the most retarded thing I can think of. Sadly, I'm not in charge of this ban so I can merely air my opinion like everyone else.

Justifying a ban to be lifted early because your character "might get forgotten" is a terrible excuse. If you didn't want this to happen, you shouldn't have evaded at all and it wouldn't be a problem. The risk of you getting banned while evading again was high so I don't know you expected. Using IC reasons as justification for OOC actions is always a horrible excuse honestly. The same goes for saying that you are on good behavior because your character is a pacifist and that you will remain on good behavior or this reason. While it is true you behaved for the obscene amount of playtime you managed to wrack up in just one month, an IC reason doesn't control the actions of what you do, that is your choice so don't give me an IC reason as to why you choose to behave. It's a fucking game, you make the choices on what you do, not a character and the excuse is just dumb.

Even on top of that, you didn't evade out of "good will", you evaded because you wanted to play and you got caught and each time you got caught you lied. With leammo, you sat in supportbus and lied for about an hour before you ended up screwing yourself by accidentally logging in with the deathhoof account while MSO was watching for connections. What did you do after that? Whine and bitch on singulo and claim conspiracy and throw a temper tantrum. A little while later you evaded again using a proxy. I asked you about it and you lied again. Quite some time passed because even though it was a proxy, the cancer_engine account wasn't using one and then the stickyban triggered. You decided to appeal this time not because you've changed, but because you caught. I don't believe you've changed one bit because the proxy and lies never really stopped until you got caught redhanded again. You stole cookies from the cookie chair and only claim you've changed because you got caught with your hand it, yet again. The proxy account was less than a month ago and the leammo account was dealt with in August.

Even if you are unbanned for good behavior. Unbanning you now and earlier than even next year is absolutely stupid. Evasion shouldn't be a reward. I have no idea if this is you on singulo because you stopped posting without a trip but you claimed to evade to show you are good and that you have changed or else the admins would never unban you but lollerderby already set an ultimatum for another chance and you blew it. Maybe you have everyone else convinced about your sob story, but I don't buy it for one second.
Since I didn't dissect this in the last thread, guess now is the time:

>the whole first two paragraphs about bargaining for shorter ban time
That's irrelevant now because the new year has commenced.

>Even on top of that, you didn't evade out of "good will", you evaded because you wanted to play and you got caught and each time you got caught you lied.
Partially true. I did ban evade because I wanted to play, but I also ban evaded because I wanted to escape the stigma associated with my previous identities. I don't deny lying, but I do regret it.

>You decided to appeal this time not because you've changed, but because you caught.
It's true that I would not appeal if I didn't get caught, but I am completely sincere about changing. I changed my playstyle completely in my most recent ban evasion and I didn't anticipate being caught, so basically, I was going to continue playing the way I was for as long as I could. I really got into RP and trying to create a fun experience for everyone involved.

>I don't believe you've changed one bit because the proxy and lies never really stopped until you got caught redhanded again.
Like I said before, the change is exhibited in the way I played the game. I had no reason to suspect I was going to get caught again, so the way you saw me play is the way you will continue to see me play.

also just wanted to point out that you said it yourself, I was good in game:
>it is true you behaved for the obscene amount of playtime you managed to wrack up in just one month
Shadowlight213
Byond Username: Shadowlight213
Github Username: Shadowlight213

Post by Shadowlight213 » #144645

Don't forget that with MSO's deal you would wait out the time you spent evading. I think that was a fair deal he gave you.
cancer_engine

Post by cancer_engine » #144675

palpatine213 wrote:Don't forget that with MSO's deal you would wait out the time you spent evading. I think that was a fair deal he gave you.
Pretty sure that deal was in the case of my appeal thing not being moved back to jan 1st.
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #144677

Goof I know the J_mad thread was rules free shitposting between you and saeg that nobody stopped for some reason but please dont make a habit of long FNR arguments for bans you are not involved in.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #144685

Kor wrote:Goof I know the J_mad thread was rules free shitposting between you and saeg that nobody stopped for some reason but please dont make a habit of long FNR arguments for bans you are not involved in.
That's reposting from one of deathhoofs old ban appeals, NikNak wrote that originally.
Shadowlight213

Post by Shadowlight213 » #144692

cancer_engine wrote:
palpatine213 wrote:Don't forget that with MSO's deal you would wait out the time you spent evading. I think that was a fair deal he gave you.
Pretty sure that deal was in the case of my appeal thing not being moved back to jan 1st.
Oh well. You should have taken it at that time then. At least it would have guarenteed an unban. Your loss.
cancer_engine

Post by cancer_engine » #144695

palpatine213 wrote:
cancer_engine wrote:
Oh well. You should have taken it at that time then. At least it would have guarenteed an unban. Your loss.
You should read the thread. Things didn't work out like that.
Shadowlight213

Post by Shadowlight213 » #144708

cancer_engine wrote:
palpatine213 wrote:
cancer_engine wrote:
I did read it. From what I gather, it was you arguing for a shorter ban and refusing to take the deal that caused it to not work out.
cancer_engine

Post by cancer_engine » #144709

palpatine213 wrote:
cancer_engine wrote:
palpatine213 wrote:
cancer_engine wrote:
I did read it. From what I gather, it was you arguing for a shorter ban and refusing to take the deal that caused it to not work out.
Well m8, that's not the case. I talked with the admins at great length on IRC and whatnot, and it seems that the whole 38 day ban thing was purely hypothetical, and the end result of all this was that my appeal would be moved to January first.
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #144713

You guys are taking this way too seriously. He's not a hardened criminal seeking release from jail, he's a guy who wants to play a videogame. We lose absolutely nothing by unbanning him except maybe slight annoyance followed by rebanning him.

The rules exist to facilitate fun, not to be enforced. We rule 0 banned him because he was obnoxious, so why not ignore the rules again and just unban him now that he's pleasant to play with?
Last edited by onleavedontatme on Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #144715

It really feels like some people enforce the rules for the sake of the rules, like they are enforcing the law or something. The rules exist to make the game enjoyable for everyone to play, and it seems like in banning him will not make the game less enjoyable for anyone, and even if it does re banning him is simple
lollerderby
Byond Username: Lollerderby
Github Username: lollerderby

Post by lollerderby » #144732

I'll unban you I guess, I do really think you've changed your playstyle for the better. Stay on the cancer_engine ckey and behave yourself and you'll probably be fine.
DEAD: Tim Ebow says, ">rylie talking shit and not actually doing anything again"
DEAD: Tim Ebow says, "What a twist"