Antag Ban for a week from dealing with shitters

Post by CosbysPuddin » #145207

Title/subject:
[Lizmann] Greg dunkleman – team antag ban

Post Content:
Byond account and character name: Cosbys Puddin, Greg Dunkleman
Banning admin: Lizmann
Ban type: Team antag, week ban
Ban reason and length: A week for assaulting a fellow gang member.
Time ban was placed (including time zone): Est 130
Your side of the story: Let me start by saying I had already had an annoying shift. I had been reassigned to QM but it took me 10 minutes to start my work due to a clown stealing and threatening to space my ID because he thought I took his PDA (I didn’t). So there I am at my desk, a bit miffed but still ready to do work when a lizard just comes up to me with a switchblade threatening me for “protection” money and claiming it was a robbery. He smashed several windows at cargo (this is important later) and stunned me several times. Repeated calls to sec for help were unanswered and Needless to say I wasn’t happy.
Thanks to His window smashing, people were able to get into cargo. These people are gang and convert me . They then proceed to convert the lizard thief and I see then that he wasn’t actually gang during the window smashing, just a griefer. I start attacking him. I had dealt with enough shit that round and thanks to the lizard I was now gang (which I didn’t want to be). My intention wasn’t to kill him but to beat him up a bit for his shittery. I accidently choked him a bit but was pushed off and he lived. I give up and decided to go back to cargo.
I then Immediately get tazed and dragged into cargo by two officers who De-convert me (Gang time: 3minutes). I’m still angry but decide to go back to my cargo duties. Soon after I get contacted by the admin who tells me that beating up a fellow gang is an offence to the rules. After talking for a bit to explain why I did it, he proceeds to ban me for a week from team antag roles, never mind the fact I wasn’t team antag to begin with.

Why you think you should be unbanned: The lizard brought it on himself. None of this would’ve happened If he hadn’t been threatening me with a switchblade. He broke the windows and let the gangs in that converted us. I didn’t kill him, so he was able to continue gang. The guy was a greifer in my opinion, yet here I get banned for a week from all the team antag roles. An entire week ban from all of team antag is harsh because of how small the incident was and the other player starting the whole thing. He wasn’t a head and wasn’t a gang when he threatened me. A ban from gang I understand, but a ban from EVERY team antag role seems a lot for what happened.
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Re: Antag Ban for a week from dealing with shitters

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #145212

You should have tried to kill them before being converted, I understand your frustration but once you're on the same team you're expected to drop these sorts of grudges and work together towards your common goal.

In all honesty, though, this could have probably been left as a warning, but I have no idea of your history as your notes aren't in front of me. A week antag ban, all things considered, isn't much to worry about.
Hornygranny
Horny Police
Byond Username: Hornygranny

Post by Hornygranny » #145213

TechnoAlchemist wrote:You should have tried to kill them before being converted, I understand your frustration but once you're on the same team you're expected to drop these sorts of grudges and work together towards your common goal.
It does sound like the lizard went way over what's allowable in terms of harassment as a non antag.

The ban is for all team antagonists, because your behavior showed that you didn't understand the behavior mandated of team antags. Once you've been converted, you are a fanatic who would do anything for your faction. It's simply not acceptable to turn around and start fistfighting one of your fellows.
lzimann
Byond Username: Lzimann
Github Username: lzimann

Post by lzimann » #145330

I'll have to deny, I told you to appeal in a few days(after the ban) so you could be more chill about the situation, but you still are holding grudges against the guy. I understand that he was really shitty to you(if you had killed him BEFORE being gang'd I would probably let it slide), but after you both were converted it's just not acceptable doing that.