[hornygranny] BeardBeard - Why is this ban still in place

Appeals which have been closed.
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

[hornygranny] BeardBeard - Why is this ban still in place

Post by iamgoofball » #146954

Byond account and character name: beardbeard; charles veni, beardbeard godslayer, big guy
Banning admin: hornygranny
Ban type (What are you banned from?): all
Ban reason and length: The most recent ban is "into the trash it goes!". I don't think anyone active still remembers the actual original ban at this point.
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 12/9/2013 17:45:17 EST
Your side of the story: As far as I can tell, beardbeard's ban is only being kept in for the sake of the "lol beardbeard is banned" meme.
Why you think you should be unbanned: Why the fuck are we even keeping the ban in place? Did he DDoS the server? Did he commit some community taboo? Because as far as I can tell the shit he's gotten banned for other than his permas(and even then some of those) is crap all our active community members do on a daily basis. No one can figure out an exact reason, and that's a pretty damn good reason to consider lifting it.

If we're going to allow a person who spend 3 months shitposting on singulo about how we're terrible whilst posting about how all government is shit and that we should become anarchists, then faking his suicide, coming back, evading, then bragging about it when he gets caught and banned again, then comes back 6 months later and appeals successfully under the "i didnt actually mean that i was gonna kill myself!!1!" excuse to explain his actions and then another person who spent 6 months insulting every community member, coder, and administrator on singulo and then literally used the "its just a prank bro, ADMINS PLS LOCK SO THEY CANT POST MORE" cop-out excuse when they appealed and got called on it in the appeal second chances with either unbanning them or not immediately denying their appeals, then I don't see why we can't give beardbeard a chance.

I guess he might get unbanned and then immediately go break rules. So what? It takes all of 5 seconds to just apply another perma with the "broke probation" reason and call it a day. Boo hoo, a round or two got ruined, so what, we have shittons of rounds a day and they usually last at most 1 hour, get over it and move on.

He hasn't attempted to evade from what we can tell. He hasn't sat around insulting us all the time. If someone can do both of those and then recover from a damn near blacklisting situation than I don't see what the problem is with unbanning him.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: [hornygranny] BeardBeard - Why is this ban still in plac

Post by oranges » #146956

don't post ban appeals for other people man, if he wants to appeal his ban and his ban thread is closed he needs to make an admin complaint
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #146957

oranges wrote:don't post ban appeals for other people man, if he wants to appeal his ban and his ban thread is closed he needs to make an admin complaint
It'll get closed because "lol 2beard never getting in" meme. No.
firecage
Github User
Byond Username: Firecage
Github Username: Firecage

Post by firecage » #146958

Goofball, please stop shitting up the FNR. This isn't even your own ban appeal, you are just randomly making a ban appeal for someone else. On that note, 2Beard has gotten countless chances, each time throwing it into the gutter and once more being a griefing shitstain.