[thelongbowman] Steven Stevenson Gibbing corpses

Appeals which have been closed.
GreaterThanGoober

[thelongbowman] Steven Stevenson Gibbing corpses

Post by GreaterThanGoober » #148454

Username fastboy25

Don't remember the time I was banned

Banned for gibbing corpses as a chef. Sorry, I go to the morgue all the time to grab corpses and I was unaware that this isn't okay as I do it pretty often because I read it on the guide. Next time I'll ask before I do it? I don't know I need some clarification here.
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Re: [thelongbowman] Steven Stevenson Gibbing corpses

Post by Lumbermancer » #148457

Don't gib braindeads because they might be back. Gib only suiciders, or ones whos spirit moved on.
GreaterThanGoober

Post by GreaterThanGoober » #148459

How do I tell if they're suicided? I mean the one I gibbed was just laying there on the floor he wasn't in the cloning room so I just dragged him to the kitchen.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #148460

Just examine the body. If it says they are totally catatonic, it looks like they have commited suicide, or their soul has departed then they are okay. If it says none of these things, or that they have a vacant braindead stare, then they are not good to gib. EZ PZ
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #148461

Examine it and see if "the soul has departed from the body". If nothing like that shows up, it can probably still be cloned, so take it to cloning or tell Medical. If that message appears, that body can't be cloned, so feel free to turn it into meat. Sometimes people who suicide can still be saved - if you debrain them and put the brain in an MMI or another body - but usually it's not worth bothering with.

Also, you can turn monkey cubes into monkeys (which give more meat than humans if you use them on a spike, I think?); Genetics will probably have a box, as will Xenobiology (and if you pester R&D enough, they might build you a T3/4 recycler which provides infinite free monkeys).
GreaterThanGoober

Post by GreaterThanGoober » #148462

Okay, was unaware of that. I've examined people before who were totally catatonic but were completely alive though? Normally in genetics.
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #148464

That's because they were created from monkeys turned into humans. Catatonic just means there's no player in charge of the body - so either they ghosted, or there was never one in the first place. Genetics would probably get upset if you gibbed their test subjects, though.

Catatonic is the alive equivalent to "the soul has departed"; the former only applies if they're alive, and the latter only if they're dead. Suicides technically still have an 'owner' player, but they can't be cloned because snowflake suicide/cloner code.
GreaterThanGoober

Post by GreaterThanGoober » #148465

Okay, that sounds fair enough. I'm just used to grabbing bodies with nobody next to them and gibbing them. This is the only time I've ever been talked to about it.
GreaterThanGoober

Post by GreaterThanGoober » #148472

So how do I get unbanned? I was told to appeal here.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #148563

Had a conversation with him in IRC about not grabbing bodies from the cloning line rather than the morgue or suicides, gonna go ahead and lift this and resolve it since its really not the worst thing out there and it seems that Longbowman just wanted to get the point across that everybody else here has helped with.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.