Lag/Surgery/Ban/Rule1

Appeals which have been closed.
loqoman
Byond Username: Loqoman

Lag/Surgery/Ban/Rule1

Post by loqoman » #154178

(Written at 8:12 PM, Pacific time, Febuary 14th)

[technoalchemist] loqoman - Failure Surgery

Post Content:
Loqoman playing Slurpy Slurpy
Banning admin: Technoalchemist
Ban type (What are you banned from?): I was temporarily banned from both tgstation servers
Ban reason and length: I was banned for 24 hours for "Murdering a man during surgery as a non-antag"
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 3:44:55 Server Time 2016-2-15

Your side of the story:
Something to keep in mind before I start talking.Tomorrow I'm at home by myself.I dont really have that much time to play ss13 and really want to play the whole day. What had happened is this: I was introducing my friend to tgstation and he said that he wanted to play robotisist(I do admit to metagaming with him, but he is totally new to the game and I thought that this would count as an exception). The other robotisist was willing to donate his brain to science and I didn't want my friend to preform the surgery. At the part where you have to cut his head with the circular saw nothing was happening so I clicked a couple more times. As it turned out I had a huge lag spike and and ended up stabbing him with the saw and killing him. I had also dismissed the admins when he PM'd me because I didn't think that

Why you think you should be unbanned:
I just really want to play tgstation tomorrow and I feel like I didn't have any control over the ban. I have never been banned before and I just thought that if anyone wants to take mercy on me that would be much appreciated. I dont feel that I did anything bad or harmful expect kill that person but the round ended 5 minutes afterword so it didn't really affect much. I just don't feel that I was breaking rule one. Of course this is all up to admin discression so I might be toatally wrong. Anyways, Thanks for your time whoever decided to read this!
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Re: Lag/Surgery/Ban/Rule1

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #154184

oh my god you just admitted to metagaming with your friend
usually this is a permaban, but since I am nice you can keep you current ban and just make sure you and your friend make sure not to do anything even remotely resembling metacomms or you will never play here again.
loqoman

Post by loqoman » #154187

Hunah, I diddent know that they took metagaming so serious around here :/

So its still bad even if for a good reason?
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #154193

we can't discern between good/bad reasons for metagaming because honestly it's quite hard to stay on top of it all the time and it causes a lot of troubles.
loqoman

Post by loqoman » #154197

OK i'm sorry for being a nuesence. Only been on the station for about a month so still working things out ^.^
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #154251

Out of morbid curiosity what was the murder thing?

Did he savagely chop the patients head in and then just left him on the table without attempting to debrain him further?
loqoman

Post by loqoman » #154278

I had the lag spike and afterword I realized that I killed him so I just left the body and went to the shuttle
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #154379

Forgive me if I'm wrong but is it not explicitly okay to walk a new player through the game, although you should contact the admins and let them know
duncathan
Byond Username: Dunc
Github Username: duncathan

Post by duncathan » #154414

I thought that there was precedent for letting metacomms that are exclusively for the purpose of teaching a new player slide if it was confessed. Am I just misremembering?
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #154415

You should still check in with the admins first to prevent any misunderstandings
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
M0nsoon
Byond Username: ShadowHunterOO

Post by M0nsoon » #154420

oranges wrote:Forgive me if I'm wrong but is it not explicitly okay to walk a new player through the game, although you should contact the admins and let them know
As far as I was aware this was procedure