[Shaps] detunedradio - well-deserved permaban

Appeals which have been closed.
Akrasiel

[Shaps] detunedradio - well-deserved permaban

Post by Akrasiel » #169123

Byond account and character name: Detunedradio - Erwin Eindride
Banning admin: Shaps
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Permaban with good reason
Ban reason and length: Permaban. Killed a janitor because 'All janitors must die' as a nonantag and threw his body in the atmos turbine while I was PM'ing him. Awful history and loads of notes, obviously is trash and isn't getting better.
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2016-01-17 03:56:28 UTC+2
Your side of the story: Actually, he was totally right. I was a shitplayer
Why you think you should be unbanned: I'll be absolutely honest. I probably don't "deserve" it. I was permabanned with a good reason. I ruined games and I was an all around shitplayer, and that doesn't just fade away. Moreover, I tried to play the server with another account today, Akrasiel, with a character named Ambrose Ballister. I was banned for ban evading (Without an actual note, but it's still reasonable). I - did - know I was ban evading. I actually wanted to use that account for naming reasons, but I knew I was banned from this server.

I know I don't have a strong case and I'll just understand it if I'm not unbanned. Now, the things I think that have changed for the better. I've played on some other servers. I've actually learned to play the game and understand the 'non-antag' aspects of it. On the other hand, I've matured, or so I'd like to think. And of course there's another good reason I want to be back here: I just enjoy the server. The division between roleplay and OOC was just perfect. The people was perfect. The moderation was perfect.

Anyway, I know there's not a good chance of me getting away with this. In any case, even if I don't get unbanned, I want to apologize, both to the admins and the users. I know I ruined a good deal of games and I understand how trashy that was.

Have a good day everyone!
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Re: [Shaps] detunedradio - well-deserved permaban

Post by Shaps-cloud » #169139

Out of curiosity, what servers have you been playing on?
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
Akrasiel

Post by Akrasiel » #169150

Shaps wrote:Out of curiosity, what servers have you been playing on?
Hey!

Well, to be honest, and as I'm terrible searching for this things, I just played on the ones that are usually on the most played list of BYOND. The only reason I actually knew about TGSTATION was because I sometimes visit /tg/ to read about Warhammer and I got curious (I've never seen TGstation on the list, that I can remember)

Yoggstation is the one I've been using the most, along with USS Sulaco. As I'm Spanish, I played on Hispanistation and, for some weeks until it was over, on a more private Heavy-Roleplay Spanish server which, ironically, went to shit because of people that played like me. I'm not going to lie, it's not like I've been playing non-stop during those months. But I did play enough to at least understand that there's more to the game than just creating chaos 'for the giggles'.

Once again, thanks for your awnser.
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer

Post by Shaps-cloud » #169361

Since this came up as a result of you evading a permaban, but you seem to be well enough intentioned, I'll give you a one week "ban" for the evasion, and you can appeal it after that
Akrasiel

Post by Akrasiel » #169460

Hey,

Should I make a new thread once at least a week has passed, or use this same one?
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer

Post by Shaps-cloud » #169594

Just make a new thread when it comes time. I'll lock this one in 24h