[Sawucalls] Kholdgrave CE jobban honk

Appeals which have been closed.
Kholdgrave
Byond Username: Kholdgrave

[Sawucalls] Kholdgrave CE jobban honk

Post by Kholdgrave » #181153

Byond account and character name: Kholdgrave (Rowan Ironmonger)
Banning admin: sawucalls
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Chief Engineer
Ban reason and length: Disrupted station's power, generally screwed with the power and other machines whilst ignoring broken things. Was bwoinked about it and proceeded to complain IC about the bwoink, taking it as a reason to verbally harass the player who AHelped. This jobban will be lifted in 4320 minutes.
Ban Time: Around 2:28 EST on 5/28/2016

So apparently thought I screwed with the station's power because I wired the engine to the grid in order to ensure maximum power flow and the admin thought it was a SMES loopback? Don't know how that was possibly misconstrued. Also claims I screwed with other machines while ignoring broken things. This is where it gets funny because I spent my time fixing EMP'd APCs and undoing the Telecomms sabotage that involved me having to reset the network name as well as relinking every single machine despite facing back to back ionospheres. I also took issue with the player who ahelped, I wasn't sure it was them at the time, because the player kept fucking walling off engineering which essentially let only him operate inside of it and had the nerve to say I wasn't watching my department when I just fought a holoparasite user who busted in to Engineering with a flamethrower and an emag. Said player also got really pissy whenever I broke in to my own department to check on what was happening. So I had no patience for an underling questioning my work ethic after having to fix TComms fucking constantly, repairing sabotaged APCs, and killing a traitor who emagged in to fucking murder us all and made that very apparent to said underling.

Also, I didn't complain IC about the bwoink, I told the Station Engineer off when he was being completely stupid and yelling at me to stop tearing down the walls and lockdowns he set up, and also claiming I did nothing. That wasn't me complaining IC about the bwoink, that was me chewing out the station engineer, unless the station engineer was the admin, which I have no way of fucking knowing.

So yeah, I think I should be unbanned because that ban reason is stupid as all fuck.
Okand37
Byond Username: Okand37

Re: [Sawucalls] Kholdgrave CE jobban honk

Post by Okand37 » #181157

Is there any other context you could be missing here? Was it explained to the admin that you were trying to fix opposed to sabotage the equipment? I really don't think you've been given a ban just for a simple misunderstanding, even then it is only three days.
Are you being the neighbour Mr. Rogers would've wanted you to be?
Kholdgrave
Byond Username: Kholdgrave

Post by Kholdgrave » #181159

It was obvious I was trying to fix things, I made that clear over comms, as comms was one of the things I was fixing, and I was discussing with Mekhi the EMP damage that APCs had been suffering from around the station, which is pretty cut and dry that I'm investigating and repairing APCs as I investigated maint. I'm not sure how the admin could interpret what I did as any sort of "Screwing up" if they have a basic understanding of engineering especially in regards to the things I was constantly fixing or working on.

I'm not real torn up about being the length of the ban itself, it's the reason for it, which really just pisses me off.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #181540

Did sawu's admin trainer speak to them about this?
Shadowlight213
Byond Username: Shadowlight213
Github Username: Shadowlight213

Post by Shadowlight213 » #183156

Sorry I haven't noticed it until now, I'll see if I can get in contact with sawu for their side.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #183596

It's been several days without resolution so I'm unbanning you, if there is some reason to put this ban back then sawu can reply/put it back.
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #184902

Locking this thread. PM if new stuff needs to be added. Otherwise resolve it at the end of the week methinks
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box