reddyy

[thelongbowman] reddy - perma ic in ooc

Post by reddyy » #181844

Byond account and character name: Reddyy

Banning admin:thelongbowman

Ban type (What are you banned from?): playing

Ban reason and length: ic in ooc

Time ban was placed: 2015-5-18 6:20 central time

Your side of the story: It was a "no admins/mods on everyone murderbone and powergame" episode of tg station 13 i'd walked into, and i just ended up raging about it after i'd died. someone screencapped it or pointed admins to the records and I was banned
Why you think you should be unbanned: Temper slipped and I learned a valuable lesson: don't attempt to play when there's no authority on to wrangle people into actually playing a normal game, or at the very least don't attempt to play an important job.

I feel it's important to note that I just recently decided to appeal this ban after missing the server a bit and getting the itch for it, I had issues with making a forum account (even emailed tgstation13@tgstation13.org last night regarding the issue, and posted about the account trouble on the imageboard). Got impatient and played on another account (RedNoMad)... which also got permabanned for banevade (after like four rounds and many hours 2016-5-29 server time). That was by segrimr and I'll appeal that separately if you want, and if you guys think I have any chance in hell at getting through 2 perma's. I know THAT doesn't help my case, but I didn't want to withhold any info: full disclosure and all that.

Okand37
Byond Username: Okand37

Re: [thelongbowman] reddy - perma ic in ooc

Post by Okand37 » #181854

It is respectable that you are owning up to the situation, and I definitely think that is great of you... While it can be frustrating when there are no admins on, and the line of grief begins to toe, adminhelps are sent to the IRC if there are no admins on the server, so hopefully someone can get on and resolve it for you. Try to keep your temper in check...

Setting up a forum account can be a daunting and confusing task at first, but it is important to go through this proper process to ensure you're doing it right. Just like life, loopholes to the easy way don't always end up in your favour.

Seeing as the ban for IC in OOC was apparently back in 2015, I feel like if you would've appealed for it instead of becoming impatient and setting up a new account you would be unbanned. It is possible for a second chance, though.
Are you being the neighbour Mr. Rogers would've wanted you to be?
Hibbles
Byond Username: HotelBravoLima

Post by Hibbles » #181855

You fucked up, you admit you fucked up, TLB is not exactly a vindictive person, there's a good chance he'll have mercy.
RIP
TheLongbowMan
Byond Username: TheLongBowMan

Post by TheLongbowMan » #181891

The main problem I have here is that you attempted to evade a ban which should have been a "show yourself on the forums and be unbanned",

Generally we have zero tolerance of people who evade bans,

I will have to ask the other admins to see what they think of the situation.
reddyy

Post by reddyy » #181910

appreciate it, for what it's worth I did both attempt to register and reach out to the forum help email before getting on another account. just got impatient while waiting on that to go somewhere.

edit: why doesn't my byond username appear next to/under my forum name? I attempted to link them.
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #182040

A permaban, even the "post on the forums" sort, for IC in OOC is very stupid and over the top, so I'm inclined to cut the guy some slack.
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #182053

bandit wrote:A permaban, even the "post on the forums" sort, for IC in OOC is very stupid and over the top, so I'm inclined to cut the guy some slack.
TheLongbowMan
Byond Username: TheLongBowMan

Post by TheLongbowMan » #182075

bandit wrote:A permaban, even the "post on the forums" sort, for IC in OOC is very stupid and over the top, so I'm inclined to cut the guy some slack.
Which is why we don't do it any-more, this ban is old.

However I made it quite clear that the player should come here to resolve it:
"IC in OOC, admins not on at the time and the player had logged since time of the ban, IC in OOC is not acceptable at anytime, please explain yourself in the forums. "

That being said, I had already taken some opinions on in IRC, and we are willing to overlook the ban evasion should you stick to the rules this time.
reddyy

Post by reddyy » #182160

TheLongbowMan wrote:
Which is why we don't do it any-more, this ban is old.

However I made it quite clear that the player should come here to resolve it:
"IC in OOC, admins not on at the time and the player had logged since time of the ban, IC in OOC is not acceptable at anytime, please explain yourself in the forums. "

That being said, I had already taken some opinions on in IRC, and we are willing to overlook the ban evasion should you stick to the rules this time.
Appreciate it! I've kept my nose clean in every other case other than that, sept a few warning kicks/finger waggles for minor things, don't even remember kinda things, so sticking to the rules shouldn't be a problem.

Why doesn't my byond name appear by my username here on the forums? I did link them, did I mess something up there oooor...?
Okand37
Byond Username: Okand37

Post by Okand37 » #182215

There is an option in "profile" in the user control panel, in "Edit profile" at the bottom if you scroll down there is a field to enter for "Byond Username:"
Are you being the neighbour Mr. Rogers would've wanted you to be?
reddyy

Post by reddyy » #182276

not that I can find. How strange.
reddyy

Post by reddyy » #182280

Sorry to doublepost but should I be doing anything else on my end? appealing the evade separately or something?
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #182331

Just go play, ya nerd.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #182527

Okand37 wrote:There is an option in "profile" in the user control panel, in "Edit profile" at the bottom if you scroll down there is a field to enter for "Byond Username:"
That used to be the case, but they are auto linked through a webclient program now.