[shaps] Nickvr628 - Permaban

Appeals which have been closed.
Nickvr628

[shaps] Nickvr628 - Permaban

Post by Nickvr628 » #187506

Byond account and character name: Nicvkvr628, I have no idea what the character name was because it was so long ago.

Banning admin: shaps

Ban type (What are you banned from?): Permaban from both servers

Ban reason and length: Flooding plasma on station and bold face lying to another admin saying another player did it, read our rules dude. This is a permanent ban.

Time ban was placed (including time zone): 3-9-16 at 15:19:06 ETC

Your side of the story: I was fairly new to the game back then wanted to try out all the atmos tech stuff. I read the wiki about how you could flood plasma and stuff, and I wanted to try it. So I try to set it up the way it says in the wiki to make it work, and I look around and there is no plasma. I thought it would start to pour out pretty quickly, but I saw no plasma and decided I did something wrong and walked away (I thought the effect would be instantaneous). A little bit later my fellow atmos tech killed me because he was a traitor, no problems there. After a little bit as a ghost I get bwoinked asking me if I flooded the station with plasma. I said no I did not, but my fellow atmos tech might have because he killed me in atmos and was a traitor. I still thought at this point that I had somehow failed at flooding plasma, and did not realize the plasma would not enter circulation for a while after I opened the valves. I got a PM back from the admins saying something along the lines of don't lie I read the logs and then I got the ban.

Why you think you should be unbanned: Well it has been a while and I learned how to be a much better atmos tech (it is one of my favorite jobs, the pipeworks are so cool). And back then I genuinely did not know that the pressure in the room has to drop for the vents to push more air (and plasma) into the room. So I think it was not as much bold face lying as it was ignorance about the job. I would like to play on TG again, as it is one of the few that is high-pop at the hours I can play. I have read the server rules and I understand them now. I hope I can get un-banned.
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Re: [shaps] Nickvr628 - Permaban

Post by Shaps-cloud » #187529

Well, plasma does take a little bit of time to start propagating, so that sounds like it could have been a genuine mistake. Just don't go around flooding plasma again as a non-antag and we'll be good. I'll direct one of the other admins to lift your ban
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.