Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

[Niknakflak] niknak vendetta bans

Post by Bawhoppennn » #189308

Byond account and character name: Bawhoppennn - Kevin Parkinson
Banning admin: Niknakflak
Ban type (What are you banned from?): OOC and supportbus ban
Ban reason and length: I don't have the exact description but it is probably not super important in this case
Time ban was placed (including time zone): Also don't have this, was a day or two ago
Your side of the story:
Alright, let me preface with this as saying me and niknak have a history of being at arms with each other, So when I joined basil the other day, I saw niknak was on, and so I said in OOC something along the lines of "get off my basil niknak" in a sort of joking way, which isn't very crazy at all, and I only said it once so its not like I was trying to start a huge fight or shitstorm or anything, but even then, he immediately muted me from OOC, and so in deadchat I said something like "niknak is harassing me" also obviously in a joking way, at which point he gave me a 5 minute ban, obviously also just because he doesn't like me, as I clearly haven't really done anything to really warrant a ban like that at all.
So then I wait the 5 minutes, and I rejoin the server, and then also in ooc say again some joke about niknak harassing me, and then I talked to someone else in ooc about something completely unrelated for several minutes, and despite not having talked or referred to niknak for like 5 minutes and any fights (which there were none in the first place) were clearly over, he then gave me an OOCban and told me to appeal on the forums. I then went to the supportbus, and was going to dispute it, and he banned me from it and said "go appeal on the forums" or something (I might have gone to the supportbus earlier in the story, I do not remember the exact order, but either way he banned me from it at some point for similar reasons)

Either way, I think anybody could see that the ban he gave me was nonsense and completely just based on the fact he didn't like me, and wanted to cause me more work by having to write this appeal. Also as I've seen niknak has a history of doing this kind of thing to other people aswell, despite this though, he'll probably never actually be taken accountable for his actions.
Bawhoppennn
Github User

Re: [Niknakflak] niknak vendetta bans

Post by Bawhoppennn » #189309

Also, I'll make note that it's not like niknak hasn't done the same thing to me, as in trying to pick a fight with me out of nowhere.
lzimann
Byond Username: Lzimann
Github Username: lzimann

Post by lzimann » #189312

Ban reason: "Shitting up OOC needlessly in the middle of the night", permanent OOC ban.
Bawhoppennn
Github User

Post by Bawhoppennn » #189315

wow thats even worse than I thought
Docprofsmith
Byond Username: Jud1c470r

Post by Docprofsmith » #189332

>go on basil
>admin I don't like is on
>tell them to get off my server
>get muted
>complain in deadchat
>get banned
>do the same thing in OOC when my ban is up
>get banned

What did you expect to happen?
JUDICATOR REDEMPTION ARC
tedward1337
Byond Username: Tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #189333

Kevin for gods sake quit shitting up. I'm the only admin who tolerates that from you :^)
Major T on Steam/IRC/Twitch/everything else.
Game Admin
PM anytime with questions about the server, policies or for fun!
Spoiler:
<hg|work> why do we unban people
OOC: Shaps: pizza status: fucking delivered
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #189409

Docprofsmith wrote:>go on basil
>get muted
>complain in deadchat
>get banned
>get banned

The admin to be a big guy
Bawhoppennn
Github User

Post by Bawhoppennn » #189596

Docprofsmith wrote:>go on basil
>get muted
>complain in deadchat
>get banned
>get banned

That's not really how it went down at all though?
lzimann

Post by lzimann » #189723

Relevant logs for what happened:

Code: Select all

[08:42:37]ACCESS: Login: Bawhoppennn/(Bawhoppennn) from - || BYOND v510 (This was baw's first logging for the day)
[08:43:23]OOC: Bawhoppennn/Bawhoppennn : niknakflak get off of my basil and stop harassing me
[08:43:32]ADMIN: NikNakflak/(Echard Mavlen) has muted bawhoppennn/(Bawhoppennn) from OOC
[08:43:34]ADMIN: NikNakflak/(Echard Mavlen) kicked Bawhoppennn/(Bawhoppennn).
[08:44:07]SAY: Ghost/Bawhoppennn : this is
[08:44:09]SAY: Ghost/Bawhoppennn : harassment
[08:44:17]SAY: Ghost/Bawhoppennn : niknak harrasses me in ooc and then mutes me
[08:44:27]ADMIN: DSAY: NikNakflak/(Echard Mavlen) : have you considered not being a cancerous dick
[08:44:40]SAY: Ghost/Bawhoppennn : niknak you harassed me first
[08:45:12]ADMIN: niknakflak has banned bawhoppennn.
Reason: Shit stirring in OOC and deadchat despite zero admin interaction
This will be removed in 5 minutes.
[08:52:46]OOC: Kevin Parkinson/Bawhoppennn : niknak kicks and bans me for complaining that he abuses me and hes probably going to do it again
[08:52:52]OOC: Kevin Parkinson/Bawhoppennn : and turreus what do you mean
[08:53:39]OOC: Kevin Parkinson/Bawhoppennn : yes that is what it does?
[08:54:21]OOC: Kevin Parkinson/Bawhoppennn : yes but what did you want
[08:55:30]OOC: Kevin Parkinson/Bawhoppennn : well you said should like you thought it didn't but I guess you were explaining to someone else
[08:56:03]ADMIN: NikNakflak/(Echard Mavlen) has muted bawhoppennn/(Kevin Parkinson) from OOC
[08:56:19]ADMIN: NikNakflak/(Echard Mavlen) perma-banned Bawhoppennn/(Kevin Parkinson) from OOC
[08:56:41]ADMIN: HELP: Bawhoppennn/(Kevin Parkinson): literally what the fuck are you talking about? i was talking to someone about objectives - heard by 1 non-AFK admins who have +BAN.
I don't really get the "stop harrassing me" part, since niknak didn't say anything to bawhoppennn, maybe something happened outside the game/during other day which led to this.
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #189774

I think it's just banter and you're all overreacting.
starmute
Byond Username: Starmute

Post by starmute » #189782

Anon rule and whatnot.

Nicknak either banned you under:
  • Law 0. Enforcement of these rules is at the discretion of admins.
    Admins are fully accountable for any consequences should they invoke this rule. Admins are also allowed to intervene in rounds when it is in the best interest of the playerbase.

or
  • Law 1:Don't be a dick.
    We're all here to have a good time, supposedly. Going out of your way to seriously negatively impact or end the round for someone with little IC justification is against the rules. Legitimate conflicts where people get upset do happen however, these conflicts should escalate properly and retribution must be proportionate."
Law 1 doesn't particuarly apply to you currently since it was ooc chat. If the situation is as you say you and niknak have a history of being at each other's throat you shouldn't provoke him, and he shouldn't retaliate. That being said he should step up, explain to you that he's going to ban you if you keep spaming ooc.

He should not call someone a cancerous dick and then kicking them over ooc comments or complaints. Niknak if you have trouble with a particular player ask another admin to deal with him.

It sounds like this escalated way out of control quickly if all you said was get off my basil and you got kicked.

I'd like to hear Niknak's side of things.

TlDR
Both of you stop acting like little kids. Niknak needs to act like a admin as well.

Its not a job but its a position of authority and something granted to a select few of our players. Professionalism and dispassionate mediation are expected of administrators.

I might have learned that the hard way.
Last edited by starmute on Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
lzimann

Post by lzimann » #189788

Ban lifted(on Kor's behalf). Gonna close/resolve this in 24h.