lefty39
Byond Username: Lefty39

[Okand37] Lefty39 - insert fluff here

Post by lefty39 » #189447

Byond account and character name: Lefty39/Orion Nexo
Banning admin:Okand37
Ban type (What are you banned from?):Server
Ban reason:Banned by host:
Reason: In a series of escalation, spaced two players because they had previously batonned them. They were perfectly capable of arresting them (Head of Personnel was with them) but instead decided to space them out of the toxins launch mass driver. This kind of behaviour isn't cool, please take this time to understand what you did wrong here. https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Rules
This ban was applied by okand37 on 2016-06-23 22:12:07, The ban is for 1440 minutes and expires on 2016-06-24 22:12:07 (server time).
Time ban was placed (including time zone):22:12:07 server time, I don't know what the time was in my time zone because of shit memory
Your side of the story:Mime and clown entered Toxins through maintenance, started batoning us (mime had telescopic baton, clown had stunprod). I disarmed the clown, took his stunprod, and started stunning him. The other person working toxins got restrained by the mime at this point. Then the mime focused on me, got knocked down repeatedly, eventually I was able to get up, disarmed him, started repeatedly whacking him with the baton. I admit I did try to space him, kinda succeeded (space carp got him). Then the clown got spaced or something, can't remember. Someone brings me to med to heal me, somehow I've gotten braindamage and am now shouting retarded shit. I get brought to the chapel to watch a monsterfight or something, can't remember. Then I get boinked, talk to Okand, b&.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I don't recall the HoP being with us, and we didn't have the resources needed to arrest them. Plus, they came out of maint trying to restrain us. They could've dragged us off somewhere discreet and killed us. We couldn't tell sec, as comms were down. I couldn't think of any other option other then killing them.

Please note that my memory is absolute garbage, and the HoP may have, and probably was there. I'm perfectly fine with my appeal being denied, for the previous reason and that it was only for 1440 minutes. Thanks.
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Re: [Okand37] Lefty39 - insert fluff here

Post by Shaps-cloud » #189448

The clown and mime just hacked into toxins, stunned and tried tieing up the scientists in their workplace, then ahelped when they got dunked and spaced?
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Post by Archie700 » #189452

>clown and mime break into science
>in toxins
>one of the most dangerous places
>stun and cuff people

Yeah that seems more like banbaiting.

Also the HoP can't really do much to arrest them.
Okand37
Byond Username: Okand37

Post by Okand37 » #189463

When questioned, neither sides mentioned anything about what the clown or mime did. I asked you, and you said you spaced them for 'being assholes.' After I further questioned you, you never mentioned anything about how they broke in. I gave you at the very least two points to give me detail into the situation, but you did not.

While I perhaps should have looked more into the situation, I can't see everything that is going on and it is very useful for both parties involved when players give information when asked to elaborate.

I'll lift the ban, as I admit I likely jumped the gun on this one. However, you really need to give information when adminhelped, and not spew it all in an appeal because you didn't actually give any information in the investigation.
Last edited by Okand37 on Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Are you being the neighbour Mr. Rogers would've wanted you to be?
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #189466

If OPs story checks out he should be unbanned and given an Antag Token(TM)
Hibbles
Byond Username: HotelBravoLima

Post by Hibbles » #189473

Okand says that this was explained poorly at the time. If that happens, then this is going to happen.

If the situation is as the OP describes, then clown and mime had it coming, and if they ahelped losing after starting this tier of shit as non-antags, were banbaiting.
RIP
lefty39

Post by lefty39 » #189497

Wew lads, didn't see all the replies. Sorry. Thanks for the unban
lefty39

Post by lefty39 » #189498

At least I had a fun time reading stories on the forums.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #189547

Should probably punish the clown & mime in some way. Even if they were antags they're still shitters who ahelped when they got dunked on.
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #189570

If they had just broken in and said hi that'd be one thing, but this is pretty clean banbaiting.
lzimann
Byond Username: Lzimann
Github Username: lzimann

Post by lzimann » #190027

I guess we are done here.