[saegramir]reddyy-day ban for clowning

Appeals which have been closed.
reddyy

[saegramir]reddyy-day ban for clowning

Post by reddyy » #211254

Byond account and character name: Reddyy, was playing as wiggles
Banning admin:saegramir
Ban type (What are you banned from?):playing
Ban reason and length:24 hours for "being a shitass" (dragging bz cannisters to the bar and a hall and opening them)
Time ban was placed (including time zone):2016-09-14 11:16:16 "server time" (what it says on the byond connection screen when i try to connect

Your side of the story:I don't feel I was in the wrong at ALL, i know it's not a really long ban but I'd still like to appeal with my side and either set the record straight to take this smear of my name, or come away learning why I was wrong enough to be banned for "shitass". Will supply screencaps.

Started the early morning lowpop shift as the clown, went to the head of personel for "one all access, please!" it was a hard no but he offered atmos/air canister access to "flood the corridors with laughing gas and hallucinogens." "that's a pretty good prank" said the bossman, and personally I agree. But rather than put it into the air system and be a real poo-head, I went down and dragged the big obvious purple BZ canister out into a hall for anyone to space or otherwise close if found, opened it, and left it in a hall. went to the bar and barman told me to watch my ass in his bar, I made nice and said hey we both work here be cool, in fact I have an idea for our clients. came back with canister number two and clear as day showed him and asked him if he was ready. he was all aboard so I took us to a trip to maaaaaaaars duuuude (opened it in the bar, with barkeep's ok and hop's knowledge). Internals or dragging it off would have solved it, as well as beating the clown for his japery. Fast forward a bit I get boinked and eventually banned. I've seen way worse shit pass for "pranks" and so have you. Was admin involvement/banning really called for?

Why you think you should be unbanned: I feel like it's way too much of a punishment for what was done considering the circumstances/job.

image note: hanz is the barkeep, arnaud is the HoP, wiggles is me. I don't have screencaps of all messages sent between me and saegramir, just the last bit sadly.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Re: [saegramir]reddyy-day ban for clowning

Post by onleavedontatme » #211257

We should just remove BZ if it's bannable to touch while not antag and not destructive enough to warrant using as one.
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #211258

It doesn't involve valids so it's bannable kor
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #211259

Kor wrote:We should just remove BZ if it's bannable to touch while not antag and not destructive enough to warrant using as one.
I don't know why anybody thought an invisible grief gas would be okay in the first place.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
reddyy

Post by reddyy » #211262

Kor wrote:We should just remove BZ if it's bannable to touch while not antag and not destructive enough to warrant using as one.
yeah. no one in-game that i saw at least seemed to care enough to complain or lynch me, or do anything about the canisters. i was baffled when it got me boinked.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #211264

But N2O doesn't hurt anybody, just put on internals. Why does everybody freak out when the AI starts flooding it?
Plasma doesn't do any lasting damage, just ban the first person to walk in there with a lit cigarette.

I don't see why anybody would think randomly stunning the station with an invisible hallucinogen is a funny nonantag prank honk honk.

Remove BZ, it's an even dumber idea than Freon and I have no idea why its lasted this long.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
reddyy

Post by reddyy » #211272

i haven't personally seen bz kill anyone. drop them sure, but never lasting damage. but i can see your point saegramir
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #211277

Please remove BZ. I have never seen it contribute anything positive to a round for anyone, outside of a few giggles for whatever dickhead who thinks that releasing it is funny
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #211287

Straight up daybanning them without even talking to them seems incredibly counter productive, I really don't see why this had to be a dayban with zero conversation or even trying to tell him that releasing that gas is apparently on the level of "shit you are not allowed to do" that outright random FNR murder is. I'm not saying they shouldn't have been bwoinked necessarily, but I don't think this deserved a dayban like that
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #211288

Is it really not that obvious that flooding large portions of the station with invisible hallucinogenic gas that frequently stuns and disrupts everything is a bad thing?
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer

Post by Shaps-cloud » #211290

I don't think it's immediately obvious that it's as bad as murder, and you can at least talk to him and make sure he understands that before you kick him out
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #211292

I was the one who ahelped this (it got in the main hallways somehow) and I stand by my statement that a dayban and a lengthy clown ban for this was excessive. Especially because the HoP, who is technically the boss of the clown (LOL), egged him on.

I also ported BZ -- the key word is "ported," other servers have had this for a while -- and by that argument you might as well remove N2O or carbon dioxide (what the fuck is that)
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #211293

bandit wrote:and by that argument you might as well remove N2O or carbon dioxide
At least you can SEE N2O, and somehow I don't think opening a can of CO2 in the hall would actually do anything without shutting off the scrubbers first. In which case we've gone over to "You're flooding a gas with the intent to kill people".

If we're gonna use that argument, why do we ban people for flooding N2O or Plasma? It doesn't hurt anybody if you've got internals and you can SEE it, so you don't get the "ha ha surprise you're already fucked".

How about we just don't flood the grifgas as a nonantag? Clowns are supposed to be funny.
Davidchan
Byond Username: Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #211296

Getting everyone drunk on aerosal absinthe isn't funny?
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #211308

Stop enforcing your definition of humor, it's not funny.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #211311

t. Goof "ADMIN: HELP: Random events firing are griffing me who do I direct this admin complaint at" ball
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #211319

It is interesting to note that this stance is maintained facing disagreement coupled with (mostly) sensible arguments not only from the average forum user, but also fellow admins.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #211321

DemonFiren wrote:It is interesting to note that this stance is maintained facing disagreement coupled with (mostly) sensible arguments not only from the average forum user, but also fellow admins.
Then what's the next step here, pretend the incident never happened? That no foul gas was expelled?

How about this, if this gets merged i'll even remove the note. https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/20510
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #211322

The next step is not to hand out bans, as was suggested by Shaps and Bandit.
If it bothers you so much it was suggested above you warn instead of banning.
If - and this is by no means a given - the higher-ups among the administration disagree even with warning, then it seems likely that to "pretend the incident never happened" is the only thing that can be done.

Further, your most recent comment suggests your problems lie more with the existence of BZ than any specific user of it, which it seems is a matter of taste that individuals shouldn't suffer for.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #211323

No, my problem is with atmos flooding with anything as a nonantag. BZ just happens to have the least use out of anything else available, more annoying than N2O, but somehow less of an issue than N2O?

Plus the "HoP told me to do it" isn't exactly a heartwarming tale.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #211326

I see that.
Given this situation, with its remarkable potential for discord among the administration, perhaps grabbing a headmin or opening a policy topic to firmly close this case might help.
DrWoofington
Byond Username: Evsey9

Post by DrWoofington » #211328

I've released BZ once as an atmos tech, i explained why i thought it was ok and i wasn't banned.
Why does this guy have to get banned when people were ok with him doing it?
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #211375

Given how fucking annoying it is to deal with and how long it takes to scrub out i agree with Seag.
TheColdTurtle
Byond Username: TheColdTurtle

Post by TheColdTurtle » #211416

Well it seems like it is a gender reassignment meme. A game feature that nonantags can use which make other people mad, which can lead to a ban now.

Edit: words
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #211654

the head of personal, your department head, and the guy who runs the room you were in are ok with it.

Sounds ic to me especially from the clown. ban the hop for suggesting it
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #211656

MrStonedOne wrote:the head of personal, your department head, and the guy who runs the room you were in are ok with it.

Sounds ic to me especially from the clown. ban the hop for suggesting it
I did, he went and unloaded a can into the permabrig himself.
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #211859

Saegrimr wrote:t. Goof "ADMIN: HELP: Random events firing are griffing me who do I direct this admin complaint at" ball
Stop dodging feedback, assclown.
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #211860

Wyzack wrote:Given how fucking annoying it is to deal with and how long it takes to scrub out i agree with Seag.
Have you tried hitting the contaminated setting on air alarms
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #211861

TheColdTurtle wrote:Well it seems like it is a gender reassignment meme. A game feature that nonantags can use which make other people mad, which can lead to a ban now.

Edit: words
You're an idiot.
mrpain
Byond Username: Mrpain666

Post by mrpain » #211874

Now that's what I call SHITPOSTING.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #211880

ADMIN LOG: Saegrimr/(Leif Spacerikson) has edited a ban for reddyy's reason from Flooding the bar with a BZ canister. Clowns are supposed to be funny, not shitasses. to Was the catalyst to help get a shitty meme gas removed from the game, thank you jesus.
TheColdTurtle
Byond Username: TheColdTurtle

Post by TheColdTurtle » #211885

iamgoofball wrote: You're an idiot.

Wow rude
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer

Post by Shaps-cloud » #211888

I guess we're done here