Byond Username: Zoozele

[exalted12] Zoozle - 'Metagaming with Vaba300'

Post by Zoozle » #215622

Byond account and character name: Zoozle, cannot remember my character name
Banning admin: Exalted12
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Server
Ban reason and length: 'Metagaming with Vaba300', Permanent
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2014/08/15, 22:02:30
Your side of the story: I don't fully remember what led to our ban, but we were banned shortly after I found his corpse in the maintenance shaft just outside botany. We were both playing botanists that round, as we often did, and worked together to unleash the deadliest killer tomatoes hottest chilis upon the station. He went into the back room, I hadn't heard from him for a while, so I decided to check, only to see that he was handcuffed and being dragged into maintainence. I called security, didn't get a response, and decided to investigate myself. I followed a blood trail that ended shortly past a locker, backtracked, opened the locker, and found (1) dead Vaba300. Shortly after, Exalted12 questioned Vaba, and we were banned shortly afterwards. Whether this was the event that led to the ban, I couldn't tell you, but with the ban being placed shortly after, we think this is the reason why. He didn't tell me that he was being restrained or killed, I just noticed he went quiet after going into the back room for a long time, and found him being pulled into maintenance.

Why you think you should be unbanned: Me and Vaba300 were talking about our shenanigans on SS13, and we both got the desire to play again. He originally introduced me to the game and walked me through the basics, and as such, we would often work together. We'd keep most communication in-game, and any out-of-game communication was limited to how to do something, what my job duties were, or what jobs we were picking before the round started. Whether admins noticed that we worked together or not, I don't know, but we made it a point to not tell each other if one of us was an antagonist, and to keep in-game communication in-game, as that only ruined the fun of SS13. We had played for nearly two years without issue, and Vaba admitting we are friends outside of SS13 and admitting he didn't know how I found his corpse was enough to have us banned.

That being said, we did have our shenanigans between us; I remember we'd spray each other with pest spray, get into slap fights with each other, and slip each other with max potency bananas. Any time we did collaborate on shenanigans around the station, we'd roleplay it and communicate in game.

Also, I lost access to the banned BYOND account - I don't remember the password and do not have access to the email it's tied to. My new account is 'Zoozele', if needed, you can transfer any notes, or if the request is denied, apply the ban to that account.
Last edited by Zoozle on Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Re: [exalted12] Zoozle - 'Metagaming with Vaba300'

Post by Saegrimr » #215624

I get its one thing to let someone back after two years, but when the person he gets banned for buddying up with appeals immediately afterwards? What are we supposed to expect?
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Vaba
Byond Username: Vaba300

Post by Vaba » #215627

Saegrimr wrote:I get its one thing to let someone back after two years, but when the person he gets banned for buddying up with appeals immediately afterwards? What are we supposed to expect?
I let admins know that Zoozle would be applying for an unban shortly after I posted mine, under a different account name (he lost access to the account he was banned from, Zoozle, and, in a show of good faith, made a new account, Zoozele, and applied for an unban anyways). I strongly suspected that he would be given a much harder time than I would be, given the timing. This was to be expected. I mentioned my ingame collaboration with him being the reason we were permabanned in my post. Our frequent collaboration was wrongly perceived as metagaming. The very reason I applied to be unbanned here in the first place, after SO LONG a time, was because he reminded me about the good times and shenanigans we had on /tg/station. You can expect whatever you want to expect. You can watch us like hawks - we are guilty of nothing. I have already been told by Krusvik that, if Zoozle and I are playing at the same time, we will be watched. I, personally, welcome this. You'll probably be entertained by some of the shenanigans we find ourselves in, once we both figure out how to play the game again.

I will assume you read my unban request, based on what you said. We were both banned at the exact same time under false pretenses 2 years ago. We gave up after not being given a chance to fight back against this ban, and quit BYOND altogether. The only server we ever liked to play on was /tg/station. The only records you have of our existence are our notes and bans - not the good things either of us have done. Nothing either of us say will lift the cloud of old lies that were planted on us. Those notes are forever, and, back then, things were different. Letting us play together again, on our favorite server, is wholly up to you guys. I trust you'll make the right decision.
Krusvik
Byond Username: Krusvik

Post by Krusvik » #215635

Right then.

I said I would be lifting this ban, so I am going to keep my word. Similar to what I told Vaba300: if you two are playing at the same time, you will be watched. As long as neither of you have anything to hide, there will not be a repeat of the 2014 ban. So please, stay inside the line of the server rules and cooperate with us if we bwoink either of you.

With nothing further to add, welcome back, and have fun.