Byond Username: NIlons

[Thunder12345] Nilons - Admin didnt even read what I said an

Post by Nilons » #215716

Byond account and character name: Nilons - Grant Demuth

Banning admin: Thunder12345

Ban type (What are you banned from?): Server

Ban reason and length
: Permanent

Time ban was placed (including time zone)
:11:28:37 2016-10-04

Your side of the story
: I told the HoS I had to go ((had to go to work)) and they started telling me I had done nothing all shift despite me being there for 10 minutes, my only interaction with them had been to ask them why they beat a traitor to death for attacking them if they had them unconscious and could have detained them, to which they responded by threatening to kill me. This is the part of the story where the admin I feel misunderstood or stopped reading, as they interpreted my reason for brigging the warden as them beating someone to death, and not them threatening to kill me because I inquired about their motives. I then brigged the HoS and was on my way to tell the other security personnel to deal with it as they see fit when all the time I had before I needed to leave and go to work was occupied trying to explain myself to the admin, after explaining that I didn't brig them for beating an unconscious person who had supposedly attacked them to death 3 times and having the admin still not understand what I was trying to convey, I told them I'd be happy to continue this conversation later, and tried to tell them when I'd be on next. They responded to this by telling me to take it up on the forums and permanently banned me. Even if I had done what they had presumed me to have done. I hardly think that it is deserving of a permanent ban, let alone the fact that I had entirely different motives for my actions than interpreted.

Why you think you should be unbanned
: Admin barely even read what I said and permanently banned me for something that wasn't not even that big a deal. HoS wasn't removed from the round, and I was going to delegate the next move to anyone I bumped into. I feel my actions were justified and if they were infringing on any rules I apologize but find a permanent ban for them ridiculous.
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Re: [Thunder12345] Nilons - Admin didnt even read what I sai

Post by MrStonedOne » #215734

If you have to leave during admin questioning, Standard practice is to apply a permaban until the admin questioning can resume on the forums.

Your ban is very appealable, and will at the least, get changed to a non-perma ban if it's not flat out removed, we just want to make sure the initial issue gets resolved.

I've informed thunder of your appeal.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
Thunder11
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thunder12345
Github Username: Thunder12345

Re: [Thunder12345] Nilons - Admin didnt even read what I sai

Post by Thunder11 » #215735

Lifted, do no harm.
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
That's thinking on your feet, soldier!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578