[Brotemis] Assistant Job-Ban Appeal: TimrodDX/Joe Gillian

Appeals which have been closed.

Moderators: In-Game Admin, In-Game Game Master, In-Game Head Admins, Game Server Operators, TGMC Game Server Operators

Timrod
 
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:14 am

[Brotemis] Assistant Job-Ban Appeal: TimrodDX/Joe Gillian

Postby Timrod » Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:54 pm #16054

Let me start by saying I don't even know why I was banned. I did not, in fact, know a job-ban had been applied until after I logged in tonight. I had not been the subject of any admin questioning in the past 24 hours (and then some) so you can understand why I'm so confused. Liebniz had to tell me who it was that banned me.

Given ban reason was "This has been a bit overdue. Long standing history of crappery as an assistant - by brotemis"

Brotemis is quite clearly an admin who has been out to get me from day 1, probably because of /vg/ and how I pissed off all the admins. As previously stated, I don't even know why I was banned, or what event it would've been that triggered it. In any case, Brotemis hadn't even been online when I'd been playing, so I'm not entirely sure why he was the one applying such a ban and not one of the other admins who were online and had log access. I also don't know why this ban was applied with zero admin questioning or any admin explaining to me why I had been banned or even that I had been banned in the first place. As previously stated, I had to ask Liebniz why I had been banned, and only then did I find out.

I think this is an unfair ban for several reasons. One, there was no actual instance of an event that would warrant such a job-ban in the past 24 hours (since before the ban was applied). Two, Brotemis shouldn't be making bans for rounds he was not a part of, and certainly not without citing logs. Three, I was never questioned by the banning admin or given a reason why the ban was applied directly by the banning admin at the time the ban was applied.

If a valid reason is given by the banning admin, I will adjust this appeal to reflect that. Otherwise, I think this was an unfair ban made behind my back purely out of petty spite.



scaredofshadows
In Game PermaBanned
 
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:36 am
Location: Michigan, USA

Re: [Brotemis] Assistant Job-Ban Appeal: TimrodDX/Joe Gillia

Postby scaredofshadows » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:09 am #16055

"This has been a bit overdue. Long standing history of crappery as an assistant" is not a sufficient reason for a permanent jobban from assistant on its own.

I'd like Brotemis to list some of the reasons for the jobban. This may be adjusted down to a temporary assistant jobban.

Timrod
 
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:14 am

Re: [Brotemis] Assistant Job-Ban Appeal: TimrodDX/Joe Gillia

Postby Timrod » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:26 am #16057

scaredofshadows wrote:"This has been a bit overdue. Long standing history of crappery as an assistant" is not a sufficient reason for a permanent jobban from assistant on its own.

I'd like Brotemis to list some of the reasons for the jobban. This may be adjusted down to a temporary assistant jobban.


The only thing I can even think of would be an incident involving me welderbombing a bad security team after I had been given reason to do so. This was handled by NikNakFlak, and no ban was applied at that time by him or by any other online admin. If this is the case, this would be Brotemis directly contradicting another admin's decision.

User avatar
Antonkr
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:28 pm
Byond Username: Antonkr

Re: [Brotemis] Assistant Job-Ban Appeal: TimrodDX/Joe Gillia

Postby Antonkr » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:56 am #16063

As a note, if this is indeed about the incident that you are talking about, brotemis was within his right to handle it as niknak is still a trialmin.
No longer an admin by own free will. Feel free to add me on steam.

User avatar
Brotemis
 
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:45 pm
Byond Username: Brotemis

Re: [Brotemis] Assistant Job-Ban Appeal: TimrodDX/Joe Gillia

Postby Brotemis » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:19 am #16066

This partially stems from
http://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=792
You decided that since you were arrested for breaking into EVA and stealing from it, you were going to welderbomb the brig. I will mention that you attempted to breakout as well. (Hitting the window 87 times with cuffs. Which can be used to break the reinfroced windows.) As standard procedure, tools used for breaking in may be confiscated and not returned. After you welderbombed the brig, you were brigged again and were told it was an IC issue where you berated Nik.

You also do not understand why what you do is bad and attempt to use the "If x can y, I can z" argument.

PM to-Admins: Okay then. I will be going HoS next round and permabrigging all assistants because by your logic that is perfectly legal.


You also have a tendency to berate admins when they tell you that you're not in the right and demanding deadminnings or other silly things or just plain lieing.

NikNak has made nothing but shit decisions in the past, and as such I think he should be de-adminned immediately for condoning shitcurity.

I was just in a round with maximum-strength Shitcurity, including multiple 10-minute brig sentences on false charges simply because I was an assistant. When I ask for help from the admins, this is what I get:
A lie
PM to-Admins: They arrested me twice for no reason, one of them just harmbatonned me, and they have flashers set up in the brig for no reason.
Another lie. He was arrested for trespassing in science
PM to-Admins: The warden also arrested me for the sole purpose of stealing my gloves and tools, which he is now wearing.

PM to-Admins: I'm going to file an admin complaint because you're not taking it seriously.

PM to-Admins: I demand a more competent admin handle my case.

PM to-Admins: For trying to get revenge on the RD, who is now valid because of his false arrest.
Funnily enough, I had to tell you off about trying to kill the CE for the exact same thing no less than a month ago. They were removing you from their department. As is their right. This is backed up [url]by viewtopic.php?f=23&t=425#p6729[/url]

In short, I've been keeping an eye on you lately for bad behaviour and that thread would be the straw that broke the camels back. Your behavior as an assistant stinks of yesterday's shit and its time to clean up the act. You're going to be put into positions where you actually have responsibilities.

Take this as an opportunity to improve. You will constantly lie to admins that security is mistreating you when you act just as bad if not worse and then adminhelp after you get dunked.

If anyone is confused. This is only an assistant jobban

Timrod
 
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:14 am

Re: [Brotemis] Assistant Job-Ban Appeal: TimrodDX/Joe Gillia

Postby Timrod » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:20 am #16076

Brotemis wrote:This partially stems from
http://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=792
You decided that since you were arrested for breaking into EVA and stealing from it, you were going to welderbomb the brig. I will mention that you attempted to breakout as well. (Hitting the window 87 times with cuffs. Which can be used to break the reinfroced windows.) As standard procedure, tools used for breaking in may be confiscated and not returned. After you welderbombed the brig, you were brigged again and were told it was an IC issue where you berated Nik.

You also do not understand why what you do is bad and attempt to use the "If x can y, I can z" argument.

PM to-Admins: Okay then. I will be going HoS next round and permabrigging all assistants because by your logic that is perfectly legal.


You also have a tendency to berate admins when they tell you that you're not in the right and demanding deadminnings or other silly things or just plain lieing.

NikNak has made nothing but shit decisions in the past, and as such I think he should be de-adminned immediately for condoning shitcurity.

I was just in a round with maximum-strength Shitcurity, including multiple 10-minute brig sentences on false charges simply because I was an assistant. When I ask for help from the admins, this is what I get:
A lie
PM to-Admins: They arrested me twice for no reason, one of them just harmbatonned me, and they have flashers set up in the brig for no reason.
Another lie. He was arrested for trespassing in science
PM to-Admins: The warden also arrested me for the sole purpose of stealing my gloves and tools, which he is now wearing.

PM to-Admins: I'm going to file an admin complaint because you're not taking it seriously.

PM to-Admins: I demand a more competent admin handle my case.

PM to-Admins: For trying to get revenge on the RD, who is now valid because of his false arrest.
Funnily enough, I had to tell you off about trying to kill the CE for the exact same thing no less than a month ago. They were removing you from their department. As is their right. This is backed up [url]by viewtopic.php?f=23&t=425#p6729[/url]

In short, I've been keeping an eye on you lately for bad behaviour and that thread would be the straw that broke the camels back. Your behavior as an assistant stinks of yesterday's shit and its time to clean up the act. You're going to be put into positions where you actually have responsibilities.

Take this as an opportunity to improve. You will constantly lie to admins that security is mistreating you when you act just as bad if not worse and then adminhelp after you get dunked.

If anyone is confused. This is only an assistant jobban


Again, I feel that you should not have been the one to handle this ban as you have a noted grudge against me ever since the end of the original /vg/ station. You are widely considered one of the worst admins, and it is not very hard to see why. I was arrested TWICE before welderbombing the brig ONCE. The first time was legitimate, the second time was complete and utter bullshit that even NikNak admitted was shit but not shit enough to ban sec for. There was proper escalation, it was ruled an IC issue, and yet you decided to step in and ban me anyway.

You also seem to be the only admin who actually has a problem with me. I don't think I've had any other admin ever complain about me quite as much as you do, or at all.

I think what you need to admit is that this is a grudge from /vg/, and you need to drop it.

User avatar
Brotemis
 
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:45 pm
Byond Username: Brotemis

Re: [Brotemis] Assistant Job-Ban Appeal: TimrodDX/Joe Gillia

Postby Brotemis » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:48 am #16079

I don't have a grudge against you nor do I hail from vg.

I actually started from /v/ back in summer 2012 and have been with tg ever since

User avatar
Pandarsenic
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:56 pm
Location: AI Upload
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Re: [Brotemis] Assistant Job-Ban Appeal: TimrodDX/Joe Gillia

Postby Pandarsenic » Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:19 am #16093

If it'll make you feel better, Timrod, and Brotemis is okay with it, he can hand the jobban over to me, whereupon I will uphold it on account of your history of starting shit as an assistant then being shocked and horrified and trying to kill people when it has consequences.
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
The latest /tg/station13 Silicon Policy reference document can be found at http://pastebin.com/bduT7pFf
If you need something handled that involves silicons, lawsets, etc., forum message me or find me on IRC.
ImageImage
I take Rule 1 of the servers very seriously. If you do too, we shouldn't have a problem.
Spoiler:
Image Image
Image Image

User avatar
leibniz
 
Joined: Sat May 17, 2014 6:21 pm
Location: Seeking help
Byond Username: Leibniz

Re: [Brotemis] Assistant Job-Ban Appeal: TimrodDX/Joe Gillia

Postby leibniz » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:09 pm #16120

Brotemis wrote: (Hitting the window 87 times with cuffs. Which can be used to break the reinfroced windows.)


Cuffs have force 0 and throwforce 0.
Founder and only member of the "Whitelist Nukeops" movement

User avatar
Brotemis
 
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:45 pm
Byond Username: Brotemis

Re: [Brotemis] Assistant Job-Ban Appeal: TimrodDX/Joe Gillia

Postby Brotemis » Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:13 pm #16132

leibniz wrote:
Brotemis wrote: (Hitting the window 87 times with cuffs. Which can be used to break the reinfroced windows.)


Cuffs have force 0 and throwforce 0.


Speaking as someone who has broken out of jail and have seen others break out of jail with just a pair of handcuffs multiple times, this is simply not true.

User avatar
leibniz
 
Joined: Sat May 17, 2014 6:21 pm
Location: Seeking help
Byond Username: Leibniz

Re: [Brotemis] Assistant Job-Ban Appeal: TimrodDX/Joe Gillia

Postby leibniz » Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:33 pm #16136

Brotemis wrote:
leibniz wrote:
Brotemis wrote: (Hitting the window 87 times with cuffs. Which can be used to break the reinfroced windows.)


Cuffs have force 0 and throwforce 0.


Speaking as someone who has broken out of jail and have seen others break out of jail with just a pair of handcuffs multiple times, this is simply not true.


Image
Founder and only member of the "Whitelist Nukeops" movement

User avatar
Brotemis
 
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:45 pm
Byond Username: Brotemis

Re: [Brotemis] Assistant Job-Ban Appeal: TimrodDX/Joe Gillia

Postby Brotemis » Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:09 pm #16159

Just tested this, this has apparently changed since I have done this and have seen this done before. In any case, I dont think that it effects the end result of the jobban

Timrod
 
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:14 am

Re: [Brotemis] Assistant Job-Ban Appeal: TimrodDX/Joe Gillia

Postby Timrod » Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:20 pm #16194

Brotemis wrote:Just tested this, this has apparently changed since I have done this and have seen this done before. In any case, I dont think that it effects the end result of the jobban


I think it should. You can't use "intended to break out of the brig" as part of a job-ban reason if it would have, in fact, been impossible to break out. I also don't think this warrants a permanent job-ban from assistant.

User avatar
Brotemis
 
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:45 pm
Byond Username: Brotemis

Re: [Brotemis] Assistant Job-Ban Appeal: TimrodDX/Joe Gillia

Postby Brotemis » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:34 am #16210

What was your intention with hitting the window with the handcuffs if not to break out? Beside the point but in any case.

The intended effect is that you can't simply ignore the jobban and wait it out but to give it time and prove you can play without breaking into different areas, then attempting to kill or otherwise grief someone who arrests or otherwise kicks you out. I've seen this happen multiple times and I honestly think others have been too lenient or not notating incidents as they happen.

If you honestly think in some warped way that I'm out to get you, I'll gladly hand the ban to another admin with the understanding to at least give it two weeks before making any decisions. But I won't be surprised if you try to trash that admin as well

Timrod
 
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:14 am

Re: [Brotemis] Assistant Job-Ban Appeal: TimrodDX/Joe Gillia

Postby Timrod » Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:22 am #16242

My intention in hitting the window with the handcuffs was to annoy security. You also ignore the fact that while yes, I do break into EVA as an assistant fairly often, I usually do it so that I can to to the Derelict and send dead bodies back to the station or bring the bananium to R&D (I can almost guarantee you that of all the HONK mechs built in the past month, I account for at least 60% directly and probably more indirectly). There are plenty of reasons I break into EVA, none of which have anything to do with robusting people.

Also, I don't really get what you mean by proving I can "play without breaking into different areas". Assistant is the only job that ever really needs to break into anywhere, and that's because they don't have access anywhere. If you know anything about my playstyle, you know that I primarily play heads, specifically RD.

That said, I would prefer it if you handed this to a neutral third party.

User avatar
elyina
 
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:30 pm
Location: burning in hell for my sins
Byond Username: Elyina

Re: [Brotemis] Assistant Job-Ban Appeal: TimrodDX/Joe Gillia

Postby elyina » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:18 pm #16306

Multiple neutral third parties have told you this ban is valid. Add me to the list of that as well.

Unrelated question: Are you capable of making an appeal without sperging out and flailing everywhere? People might take you more seriously if you didn't lie and exaggerate nonstop, and if you didn't throw out false accusations and random insults. When this many people tell you that you're wrong, it's time to take a step back and consider, perhaps you are in fact wrong?
Image

User avatar
Rockdtben
Site Admin
 
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:54 pm
Byond Username: Rockdtben
Github Username: Rockdtben

Re: [Brotemis] Assistant Job-Ban Appeal: TimrodDX/Joe Gillia

Postby Rockdtben » Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:57 pm #17578

This ban is valid. Add me to the Neutral Third Party list.
FastDMM Lead: 01/28/2018 - Now || Code Project Lead: 02/01/2014 - 10/07/2014 || G-Admin: 12/29/2013 - 04/04/2015 || T-Admin: 3/29/2013 - 12/29/2013 || Codermin: ? - 3/29/2013 || Started Playing: 6/13/2006


Return to Resolved Appeals

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users