[technoalchemist] Dick Goblin's Ban appeal

Appeals which have been closed.
dickgoblin
Byond Username: Dickgoblin

[technoalchemist] Dick Goblin's Ban appeal

Post by dickgoblin » #216321

Title/subject: THE MEMERALIST NO.1
[technoalchemist] dickgoblin - This was merely a misunderstanding of a ban evasion and I was new when I was being a shitlord over a year ago.
Post Content:
Byond account and character name: dickgoblin
Banning admin: technoalchemist
Ban type (What are you banned from?): The server
Ban reason and length: "Attempted murder on Emily Ranger at round start with no prompting at all with a scalpel. Found to be multikeying during the same round and attempted to evade afterwards. This is a permanent ban."
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2015-10-05; 23:20:39
Your side of the story: It has been over a year since I have played, yet save your opprobrium, for I will admit I enjoy a happy medium between fault and guiltlessness, I admit the allegations against myself were indeed true: yet my character has thus changed, and my zeals have been tempered to a lesser degree of passion.
Why you think you should be unbanned:
To the people of the station of TG:
Griffing as a Safeguard Against Domestic Faction and Griffing
To what expedient, then, shall we finally resort, for persuading a more thorough review of my own character and the lifting of my ban as expressed in this document? The only answer that can be given is a somber and sincere reflection of my own character and indeed the very character of man; that relief may be supplied.

Among the numerous advantages of a well-constructed server, and the admission one such as myself who has experienced the relief of reform, is the tendency for it to control the violence and mischiefs of faction. The friend of popular servers, never finds himself so much alarmed for their character and fate, as when he contemplates their propensity of this dangerous vice. He will not fail, therefore, to set a due value on any plan which, without violating the principles which he is attached, provides the proper cure for it. The instability, injustice, and confusion introduced into the public councils, have, in truth, been the mortal diseases for which popular servers have everywhere perished or have been enslaved; as they continue to be the most advantageous for the adversaries of Space Station 13 for derivation of the most specious declamations. The valuable improvements of my own character, and the necessity of controlling this violence of faction shall be our scope in this essay.

By a faction, I understand a number of shitlords, who encompass the minority or the whole, who are united by a common impulse of passion, or of interest, adverse to the rights of other shitlords, or the permanent and aggregate interests of the community, by which I obviously define the server itself.

There are two cures for the mischiefs of factions: the one, by removing its causes; the other, by controlling its effects.

There are again two methods of removing the causes of faction: the one, by destroying the liberty which is essential to its existence; the other, by giving every shitlord the same opinions, the same passions, the same interests.

By liberty, I refer to the state of freedom to exercise one's right to join the server and not be banned.

It could never be more truly said than of the first remedy, that it was worse than the disease. Liberty is to faction what air is to fire, an aliment without which it instantly expires. But it could not be a less folly to abolish liberty and simply ban all shitlords, because it would be to wish the annihilation of air, which is essential to animal life, because it imparts to fire its destructive agency.

The second expedient is impracticable as the first: every shitlord is created equally, yet through his tender passions and reasoning, which inversely affect one another, he will naturally find himself, through his own liberty, fallible and vulnerable to griff.

The latent causes of faction are this sown in the nature of shitlord; and we see them everywhere brought into different degrees of activity, according to the differing circumstances of a server's hierarchy. A zeal for action concerning gimping the clown, concerning gibbing Ian, and many other points, as well as the speculation as of practice; an attachment to different admins ambitiously contending for power; or to shitlords of other descriptions whose fortunes have been interesting to the human passions, have, in turn, divided servers into parties, inflamed them with mutual animosity, and rendered them much more disposed to vex and griff one another, than to cooperate for some common good. So strong is this proclivity of shitlords, to fall into mutual animosities, that where no substantial occasion presents itself, the most frivolous and fanciful distinctions have been made sufficient to kindle their unfriendly passions and excite their most violent conflicts, But the most common and durable source of factions, has been the various and unequal distribution of power. Those who hold, and those who are deprived of power, are separated by a unique dichotomy. Those with interests in murderboning for instance, who fail to be selected as a traitor for the round, are susceptible to the infringement of the former's rights. The regulation of these various and divided interests is the basis for most modern rule-making in regards to the formations of servers and their constituencies.

No shitlord is allowed to be a judge in his own cause; because his interest will certainly bias his judgement, and, not improbably, corrupt his integrity. With equal, nay, with greater reason, a body of shitlords encompassing a faction, should conduct the will and general mood of the server. Why then, are so many of the community aggregated by shitlords and enjoy a peculiar tendency to griff? But, what is Space Station 13 itself but the greatest reflections on human nature? If shitlords were angels, no Space Station 13 would be necessary. If angels were to indulge Space Station 13, neither external nor internal controls would be necessary. In framing a server, the great difficulty lies in this: one must first enable the server to control the shitlords; and in the next place oblige it to control itself.

The inference to which we are brought is, that the causes of faction simply cannot be removed; that relief must be supplied in controlling its EFFECTS.

If a faction consists of less than a majority, relief is supplied by a republican principle, which enables the majority to simply override the sinister views through regular vote. And although this particular case of faction may indeed clog the administration and convolute the community; but it will ultimately be unable to enact its violence under this practice. When a majority, however, is included in a faction, the form of popular sovereignty enables it to sacrifice the will of the minority and enable tyranny through which the rabble may griff and abuse the rights of other shitlords as they so please. It is then the great desideratum, by which alone this form of practice may be rescued from heavy opprobrium from servers which entertain heavy and cumbersome RP which it has so long laboured, and recommended the esteem and adoption of this server.

Inevitable, ambition will counteract ambition. Griff will counteract griff, so the rights of shitlords shall not be infringed through a means of mass-infringement which we shall seek. This, then is the aforementioned cure to the mischiefs of faction. The influence of factious leaders may kindle a flame within their particular department, but will be unable to spread a general conflagration through the various other departments. A head of security may mass-jail the medical staff, yet the other factions and departments will inevitably prevent him and undermine his power. For the purposes of griff, or any other wicked project, will be less apt to pervade the whole body of our server than a particular member of it in the same proportion as such a malady is more likely to taint a particular department, station, or indeed, server.

In the extent and proper structure of our server, therefore, we behold an innate and griffing remedy for the diseases most incidental to griffing and all Space Station 13 servers. And according to the degree of pleasure and pride we feel in being shitlords, and indeed, griffers, ought to be our zeal in cherishing the spirit, and supporting the character of MEMERALISTS.

Publius
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Re: Dick Goblin's Ban appeal

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #216323

What the fuck
Alipheese
Byond Username: Daturix
Github Username: Daturix

Post by Alipheese » #216329

TechnoAlchemist wrote:What the fuck
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #216330

Alipheese wrote:
TechnoAlchemist wrote:What the fuck
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #216333

I'll unban him if Oxford comes in here and files a counter-claim. Or something.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #216336

I'm gonna print this out and frame it.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #216339

I think if we let them back in we get a tax break for being a charity for kids with autism
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Re: [technoalchemist] Dick Goblin's Ban appeal

Post by Shaps-cloud » #216367

James Madison didn't die for this
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
Shadowlight213
Byond Username: Shadowlight213
Github Username: Shadowlight213

Post by Shadowlight213 » #216398

Saegrimr wrote:I'll unban him if Oxford comes in here and files a counter-claim. Or something.
Oxford has been subpoenaed to appear in the court. Don't lock this yet.
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #216400

Put me on the screencap
TheColdTurtle
Byond Username: TheColdTurtle

Post by TheColdTurtle » #216457

oh my fuck
Aloraydrel
Byond Username: Aloraydrel
Github Username: Aloraydrel

Post by Aloraydrel » #216458

Add this funny quote if its going on /r/ss13

"Ur gay lol" -Technoalchemist
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #216464

I would never say such a thing please stop slandering my good name
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #216467

include me in the screencap
Thunder11
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thunder12345
Github Username: Thunder12345

Post by Thunder11 » #216476

Don't forget to include me.

Where's Oxford anyway, he was supposed to be in court by now.
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
That's thinking on your feet, soldier!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #216520

oranges wrote:include me in the screencap
me 2
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #216523

Thunder11 wrote:Don't forget to include me.

Where's Oxford anyway, he was supposed to be in court by now.
Dick Goblin's attorney here. I believe we have a mistrial
dickgoblin

THE MEMERALIST NO.2

Post by dickgoblin » #216540

To the People of the station of TG:
The Subject of Domestic Faction and Griffing Continued
AFTER an unequivocal experience of the inefficiency of the subsisting server, you are called upon to deliberate on this ban appeal for not only myself, but for the well-being of the server and its current constituency. The subject speaks its own importance; comprehending in its consequences nothing less than the existence of the SERVER, the safety and welfare of the departments of which it is composed, the fate of a game in many respects the most interesting in the world. It has been frequently remarked that it seems to have been reserved to the people of this country, by their conduct and example, to decide the important question, whether societies of shitlords are really capable or not of establishing good stations from both, yet, equally important manifestations of reflection and choice, or whether they are forever destined to depend for their rounds to be decided predicated upon accident and force. If there be any truth in the remark, the crisis at which we are arrived may with propriety be regarded as the era in which that decision is to be made; and a wrong election of the part we shall act may, in this view, deserve to be considered as the general misfortune of shitlords everywhere. This idea will add the inducements of philanthropy to those of patriotism for our own beloved server of Traditional Gaming, to heighten the solicitude which all considerate and good men must feel for the event. Happy will it be if our choice should be directed by a judicious estimate of our true interests, unperplexed and unbiased by considerations not connected with the server's good. But this is a thing more ardently to be wished than seriously to be expected. The plan offered to our deliberations affects too many particular interests, innovates upon too many local institutions, not to involve in its discussion a variety of objects foreign to its merits, and of views, passions and prejudices little favorable to the discovery of truth.

Among the most formidable of the obstacles which the new ban appeal which I have posted. will have to encounter may readily be distinguished the obvious interest of a certain class of shitlords in every department to resist all changes which may hazard a diminution of the power, emolument, and consequence of the offices they hold under the current server's establishments; and the perverted ambition of another class of shitlords, previously which we defined as griffers, who will either hope to aggrandize themselves by the confusions of their station and constituencies, or will flatter themselves with fairer prospects of elevation from the subdivision of the game into several partial confederacies than from its station under one voice.

It is not, however, my design to dwell upon observations of this nature. I am well aware that it would be disingenuous to resolve indiscriminately the opposition of any set of shitlords (merely because their situations might subject them to suspicion) into interested or ambitious views. Candor will oblige us to admit that even such men may be actuated by upright intentions; and it cannot be doubted that much of the opposition which has made its appearance, or may hereafter make its appearance, will spring from sources, blameless at least, if not respectable--the honest errors of minds led astray by preconceived jealousies and fears; the HOS may genuinely be concerned for the good of the station and murder the chemist for creation of a foam grenade on a specious basis, while the nuclear operatives subvert and bend the station to their wicked will. So numerous indeed and so powerful are the causes which serve to give a false bias to the judgment, that we, upon many occasions, see wise and good shitlords on the wrong as well as on the right side of questions of the first magnitude to society. This circumstance, if duly attended to, would furnish a lesson of moderation to those who are ever so much persuaded of their being in the right in any controversy; the righteous who seek at every moment to valid-hunt. And a further reason for caution, in this respect, might be drawn from the reflection that we are not always sure that those who advocate the truth are influenced by purer principles than their antagonists. Ambition, avarice, personal animosity, department opposition, and many other motives not more laudable than these, are apt to operate as well upon those who support as those who oppose the right side of a question. Were there not even these inducements to moderation, nothing could be more ill-judged than that intolerant spirit which has, at all times, characterized faction. For in this game, as in religion, it is equally absurd to aim at making proselytes by fire and sword. Heresies in either can rarely be cured by persecution.

And yet, however just these sentiments will be allowed to be, we have already sufficient indications that it will happen in this as in all former cases of great national discussion. A torrent of angry and malignant passions will be let loose. To judge from the conduct of the opposite departments, and inevitably, faction, we shall be led to conclude that they will mutually hope to evince the justness of their opinions, and to increase the number of their converts by the loudness of their declamations and the bitterness of their invectives and harsh declamations. An enlightened zeal for the energy and efficiency of the server, inevitably, will be stigmatized as the offspring of a temper fond of despotic power of abuse and hostile to the principles of liberty. An over-scrupulous jealousy of danger to the rights of the people, which is more commonly the fault of the head than of the heart, will be represented as mere pretense and artifice, the stale bait for popularity at the expense of the server's good. It will be forgotten, on the one hand, that jealousy is the usual concomitant of love, and that the noble enthusiasm of liberty is apt to be infected with a spirit of narrow and illiberal distrust. On the other hand, it will be equally forgotten that the vigor of government is essential to the security of liberty; that, in the contemplation of a sound and well-informed judgment, their interest can never be separated; and that a dangerous ambition more often lurks behind the specious mask of zeal for the rights of the shitlords and departments than under the forbidden appearance of zeal for the firmness and efficiency of the server and its respective governance. History will teach us that the former has been found a much more certain road to the introduction of despotism than the latter, especially in the case of servers such as Hippie and that of those shitlords who have overturned the liberties of servers, the greatest number have begun their career by paying an obsequious court to the shitlords; commencing demagogues, and ending tyrants.

In the course of the preceding observations, I have had an eye, my fellow-shitlords, to putting you upon your guard against all attempts, from whatever quarter, to influence your decision in a matter of the utmost moment to your welfare, by any impressions other than those which may result from the evidence of truth. You will, no doubt, at the same time, have collected from the general scope of them, that they proceed from a source not unfriendly to this proposed ban appeal. Yes, my countrymen, I own to you that, after having given it an attentive consideration, I am clearly of opinion it is your interest to adopt it and unban me. I am convinced that this is the safest course for your liberty, your dignity, and your happiness. I affect not reserves which I do not feel. I will not amuse you with an appearance of deliberation when I have decided. I frankly acknowledge to you my convictions, and I will freely lay before you the reasons on which they are founded. The consciousness of good intentions disdains ambiguity. I shall not, however, multiply professions on this head. My motives must remain in the depository of my own breast. My arguments will be open to all, and may be judged of by all. They shall at least be offered in a spirit which will not disgrace the cause of truth.

I propose, in a series of posts, to discuss the following interesting particulars:

THE UTILITY OF THIS FORM OF GOVERNANCE TO YOUR PROSPERITY THE INSUFFICIENCY OF THE PRESENT CONFEDERATION TO PRESERVE THAT UNION THE NECESSITY OF A GOVERNMENT AT LEAST EQUALLY ENERGETIC WITH THE ONE PROPOSED, TO THE ATTAINMENT OF THIS OBJECT THE CONFORMITY OF THE DOCUMENT AND POSTS TO THE TRUE PRINCIPLES OF THE REPUBLICAN PRINCIPLE ITS ANALOGY TO YOUR OWN SERVER and lastly, THE ADDITIONAL SECURITY WHICH THE ADOPTION OF THIS BAN APPEAL WILL AFFORD TO THE PRESERVATION OF THAT SPECIES OF OF OUR BELOVED SERVER, TO LIBERTY, AND TO PROPERTY.

In the progress of this discussion I shall endeavor to give a satisfactory answer to all the objections which shall have made their appearance, that may seem to have any claim to your attention.

It may perhaps be thought superfluous to offer arguments to prove the utility of this BAN APPEAL, a point, no doubt, deeply engraved on the hearts of the great body of the people in every department, and one, which it may be imagined, has no adversaries. But the fact is, that we already hear it whispered in the private circles of those who oppose the new ban appeal, that the too many shitlords are of too great extent for any general system, and that we must of necessity resort to denying it with great haste.1. This doctrine will, in all probability, be gradually propagated, till it has votaries enough to countenance an open avowal of it. For nothing can be more evident, to those who are able to take an enlarged view of the subject, than the alternative of an adoption of the new ban appeal or an inevitable dismemberment of the server. It will therefore be of use to begin by examining the advantages of that ban appeal, the certain evils, and the probable dangers, to which every department will be exposed from its dissolution.

For in every server there is a bare necessity for faction, yet with too small of a server, the faction will run rampant, and inevitably destroy everything in its path. But if you allow enough faction to inhabit a particular server and its constituting departments, you are ensured a double security to the dangers of griff. As established previously, you cannot remove the latent causes of faction, but if we control its EFFECTS, we minimize the damage of it, and indeed, the severity of griff. A predator allowed to run rampant in the wild will, naturally, diminish his prey uninhibited, yet if multiple predators are introduced; there shall be a check upon the system itself. This shall accordingly constitute the subject of my next address.

Who's here so base, that would a bondsman be?
If any, speak; for him have I offended.
Who's here so vile, that will not love his country?
If any, speak; for him have I offended.

[Julius Caesar, Act 3, Scene 2 ]

Publius
Last edited by dickgoblin on Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #216544

include me in screencap
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #216567

ASAY: Krusvik/(Cayenne) : time to ban saegrimr
ASAY: Lzimann/(Leo Pfeifer) : yea
ASAY: TehSteveo/(Sylkie Ialen) : We got him at last
ADMIN LOG: Saegrimr/(Cash Blyant) has lifted dickgoblin's ban.
ASAY: Saegrimr/(Cash Blyant) : It's too late, i've already freed the goblin
ASAY: Saegrimr/(Cash Blyant) : You're all fucked now
ADMIN LOG: Shadowlight213/(Luna Selenia) kicked Saegrimr/(Cash Blyant).
Connection died.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
calzilla1
Byond Username: Calzilla1

Post by calzilla1 » #216575

Aloraydrel wrote: "Ur gay lol" -Technoalchemist
Isn't that the goon ban note when some rando spess man GASP criticized Islam?
Last edited by calzilla1 on Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
lzimann
Byond Username: Lzimann
Github Username: lzimann

Post by lzimann » #216581

I'm reapplying this ban and closing this thread already. I really don't see a reason in why we should unban you.
dickgoblin

Post by dickgoblin » #216585

Okay, in all seriousness I think I should be unbanned because it's an outdated ban and when I did this I was learning the game and I didn't understand murderboning/randomly attacking people wasn't okay. I want to be unbanned because I like this server and I don't intend to break any more rules.
TheColdTurtle

Post by TheColdTurtle » #216586

Dont you dare close this thread, we need oxford in here
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #216589

I think we should free him.
Krusvik
Byond Username: Krusvik

Post by Krusvik » #216590

I think we should free him.
I second this, free dicks!
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #216598

This man is delightful and may well be the best thing to happen to this server since Terbs. Worst case scenario, he pulls an asshole again and he gets banned again.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #216607

lzimann wrote:I'm reapplying this ban and closing this thread already. I really don't see a reason in why we should unban you.
>being this no fun allowed
mrpain
Byond Username: Mrpain666

Post by mrpain » #216609

Make sure you ban the ckey schechy as well, he evaded on /vg/ with it about a year ago.
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #216613

oh, i get it now

federalist papers -> memeralist posts

10/10 unban asap
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #216616

someone used to post like this

A known shitter and ban evader

I cannot for the life of me remember the name, anyone else know?
tedward1337
Byond Username: Tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #216626

Just
Follow the format fam
Major T on Steam/IRC/Twitch/everything else.
Game Admin
PM anytime with questions about the server, policies or for fun!
Spoiler:
<hg|work> why do we unban people
OOC: Shaps: pizza status: fucking delivered
dickgoblin

THE MEMERALIST NO.3

Post by dickgoblin » #216675

To the People of the station of TG:
Concerning Dangers from Foreign Memes and Influence
WHEN the people of Traditional Gaming reflect that they are now called upon to decide a question, which, in its consequences, must prove one of the most important that ever engaged their attention, the propriety of their taking a very comprehensive, as well as a very serious, view of it, will be evident.

Nothing is more certain than the indispensable necessity of administration, and it is equally undeniable, that whenever and however it is instituted, the people must cede to it some of their natural rights in order to vest it with requisite powers of governance and assume a status of subordination. It is well worthy of consideration therefore, whether it would conduce more to the interest of the people of Traditional Gaming that they should, to all general purposes, be one server, under one captaincy, or that they should divide themselves into separate departments, and give to the head of staff of each the same kind of powers which they are advised to place in one aforementioned individual.

It has until lately been a received and uncontradicted opinion that the prosperity of the people of Traditional Gaming depended on their continuing firmly united, and the memes, powergaming, and efforts of our best and wisest shitlords have been constantly directed to that object. But such admins now appear, who insist that this opinion is erroneous, and that instead of looking for safety and happiness in our server, we ought to seek it in a division of the community into distinct faction. However extraordinary this new doctrine may appear, it nevertheless has its advocates and support; and certain characters who were much opposed to it formerly, are at present of the number. Whatever may be the arguments or inducements which have wrought this change in the sentiments and declarations of these particular shitlords, it certainly would not be wise in the former shitlords at large to adopt these new tenets without being fully convinced that they are founded in truth and sound policy.

It has often given me pleasure to observe that independent Traditional Gaming was not composed of detached and distant departments, but that one connected, fertile, widespreading station was the portion of our mighty meme overlords. Moot has, in a particular manner, blessed it with a variety of soils and productions, and watered it with innumerable streams, for the delight and accommodation of its inhabitants, the prosperous shitlords of a veritably successful station. A succession of navigable waters forms a kind of chain round its borders, as if to bind it together; while the most noble rivers in the world, running at convenient distances, present them with highways for the easy communication of friendly aids, and the mutual transportation and exchange of their various commodities.

With equal pleasure I have as often taken notice that Moot has been pleased to give this one connected country to one united group of shitlords--a people descended from the same board, speaking the same language, professing the same memes, attached to the same principles of gaming, very similar in their manners and customs, and who, by their joint counsels, arms, and efforts, fighting side by side throughout a long and bloody development period, have nobly established general distinguishment and independence from other stations including Hippie and Paradise.

This station and these shitlords seem to have been made for each other, and it appears as if it was the design of Moot himself, that an inheritance so proper and convenient for a band of brethren, united to each other by the strongest ties, should never be split into a number of unsocial, jealous, and alien sovereignties and faction, which will inevitably weaken our blessed station.

Similar sentiments have hitherto prevailed among all orders and denominations of shitlords among us. To all general purposes we have uniformly been one people each individual shitlord everywhere enjoying the same general rights, privileges, and protection under Space Law. As a station we have made war and peace; as a station we have vanquished our common enemies, both the vexating griffer and the nuclear syndicate; as a station we have formed alliances, and made treaties, and entered into various compacts and conventions with foreign stations, again such as VG.

A strong sense of the value and blessings of union induced the shitlords of Traditional Gaming, at a very early period, to institute an administration to preserve and perpetuate it. They formed it almost as soon as they had an existence; nay, at a time when their habitations were in flames from powergamers, when many of their shitlords were bleeding, and when the progress of hostility and desolation left little room for those calm and mature inquiries and reflections which must ever precede the formation of a wise and well-balanced administration for a free station and its subordinate constituency. It is not to be wondered at, that a station instituted in times so inauspicious, should on experiment be found greatly deficient and inadequate to the purpose it was intended to answer.

This intelligent shitlord, inexorably perceived and regretted these defects. Still continuing no less attached to station than enamored of liberty, they observed the danger which immediately threatened the former and more remotely the latter; and being pursuaded that ample security for both could only be found in a strong administration more wisely framed, they as with one voice, convened the late convention at 4chan.org, to take that important subject under consideration.

This convention composed of shitlords who possessed the confidence of the people, and the experience necessary to frame and construct a server; many of whom had become highly distinguished by their memes, virtue and wisdom, in times which tried the minds and hearts of other shitlords, undertook the arduous task of creating TG Station. In the mild season of peace, with minds unoccupied by other subjects, they passed many months in cool, uninterrupted, and daily consultation; and finally, without having been awed by power, or influenced by any passions except love for their community and constituting boards, they presented and recommended to the people the plan produced by their joint and very unanimous councils.

Admit, for so is the fact, that this plan of the unbanning of myself is only RECOMMENDED, not imposed, yet let it be remembered that it is neither recommended to BLIND approbation, nor to BLIND reprobation; but to that sedate and candid consideration which the magnitude and importance of the subject demand, and which it certainly ought to receive. But this (as was remarked in the foregoing number of this post) is more to be wished than expected, that it may be so considered and examined. Experience on a former occasion teaches us not to be too sanguine in such hopes. It is not yet forgotten that well-grounded apprehensions of imminent danger induced the people of Traditional Gaming to form the memorable and lasting station it is today, despite the migrations occurring in 2013, 2014, and 2016. The administration recommended certain measures to their constituents, and the event proved their wisdom; yet it is fresh in our memories how soon the Goon, and indeed other stations, began to teem with posts and weekly declamations against those very measures regarding their respective sourcecodes. Not only many of the officers of administration, who obeyed the dictates of personal interest, but others, from a mistaken estimate of consequences, or the undue influence of former attachments, or whose ambition aimed at objects which did not correspond with the station's good, were indefatigable in their efforts to pursuade the people to reject the ban appeals of so many others. Many, indeed, were deceived and deluded, but the great majority of the shitlords reasoned and decided judiciously; and happy they are in reflecting that they did so.

They considered that the administration was, and undeniably remains, composed of many wise and experienced shitlords. That, being convened from different parts of the country, they brought with them and communicated to each other a variety of useful information. That, in the course of the time they passed together in inquiring into and discussing the true interests of their country, they must have acquired very accurate knowledge on that head. That they were individually interested in the station's liberty and prosperity, and therefore that it was not less their inclination than their duty to recommend only such measures as, after the most mature deliberation, they really thought prudent and advisable.

These and similar considerations then induced the shitlords of Traditional Gaming to rely greatly on the judgment and integrity of the administration; and they took their advice, notwithstanding the various arts and endeavors used to deter them from it. But if the people at large had reason to confide in the shitlords of that administration, few of whom had been fully tried or generally known, still greater reason have they now to respect the judgment and advice of the convention, for it is well known that some of the most distinguished members of that administration, who have been since tried and justly approved for patriotism and abilities, and who have grown old in acquiring political information, are also members of this very thread, and carry into it their accumulated knowledge and experience.

It is worthy of remark that not only the first, but every succeeding administration, as well as the one of late, have invariably joined with the shitlords of the station in thinking that the prosperity of Tradional Gaming depended on its Union. To preserve and perpetuate it was the great object of the shitlord in forming this thread, and it is also the great object of the plan which the administration and many other distinguished shitlords have advised them to adopt. With what propriety, therefore, or for what good purposes, are attempts at this particular period made by some men to depreciate the importance of the acceptance of this ban appeal? I am persuaded in my own mind that the shitlords have always thought right on this subject, and that their universal and uniform attachment to the cause of the Union of Traditional Gaming rests on great and weighty reasons, which I shall endeavor to develop and explain in some ensuing posts. They who promote the idea of substituting a number of distinct departments in the room of the plan of the administration, seem clearly to foresee that the rejection of it would put the continuance of the Union of Traditional Gaming in the utmost jeopardy. That certainly would be the case, and I sincerely wish that it may be as clearly foreseen by every memeworthy shitlord, that whenever the dissolution of the station of TG and its community arrives, we will have reason to exclaim, in the words of the poet: "GAS THE KIKES, RACE WAR NOW''

Publius
TheColdTurtle

Post by TheColdTurtle » #216693

He did it again the madman
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #216830

To the shed with this. This is a thread that belongs there.
lzimann
Byond Username: Lzimann
Github Username: lzimann

Post by lzimann » #217046

We are done here.