[kinglouisxiv] Slurpieking11- 2 day unfair ban.

Appeals which have been closed.
rascal1002

[kinglouisxiv] Slurpieking11- 2 day unfair ban.

Post by rascal1002 » #16440

Byond account and character name: Slurpieking11 Corvin Atano
Banning admin:kinglouisxiv
Ban reason and length: Incited a "Communist Revolution" on the station which caused members of the crew to get placed into the Gulag and/or permabrigged. Shouted about possible rouge cyborgs and gunned down a borg for trying to stop him from harming more humans.
Time ban was placed (including time zone): Apox 2:50 (EST)
Your side of the story: It was true I made the station into Commie central. It was all for good laughs, I made a law that all Capitalist (Capitalist defined as someone who A: does not speak in a Russian accent B: Often drinks things other then Vodka. Or C: Often eats things other then soup) should be sent to the Gulag. I contacted the admin a little into the round and asked him if the whole Gulag thing was okay. He said yes but it was a dicky thing and I should rethink it. I took his advice and told the AI only Super Capitalist should be punished via Gulag (It was up to me to decide if someone was being a Super Capitalist or not) I figured since jailing wasn't okay I would just flog people then take them to med bay afterwards. I had two people to flog at the time, I flogged one quickly buckled her to the bed so I could flog the other then take them to Med bay. A Borg walked in and then cuffed me for punishing someone for a crime. I said over the intercom the borg may be Rouge and, should possible be blown. The CMO (I think it was the CMO all I know was it was a medical staff) flashed the borg, I then shot him a few times with my E gun (The borg not CMO). After that the admin told me things were getting a little out of hand. I told him I will end the whole Commie thing, I went to go to my office to tell the station we were done with being Commies, but I got shot in the face by a Engineer. After that I was banned.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I asked the admin at the start if the whole Commie thing was okay, when he told me yes but Gulaging wasn't I fixed it. A borg tried to arrest me for a form of punishment( I know he was tryin to follow law 2 but the fact that he cuffed me blocked me in a cell and did nothing worried me) so I shot him. Whenever the Admin told me things had gone to far I tried to fix them but was rendered unable.
Hibbles
Byond Username: HotelBravoLima

Re: [kinglouisxiv] Slurpieking11- 2 day unfair ban.

Post by Hibbles » #16443

Point of clarification, which admin told you that it was okay initially?
RIP
rascal1002

Post by rascal1002 » #16457

kinglouisxiv did.
KingLouisXIV
Byond Username: KingLouisXIV

Post by KingLouisXIV » #16482

I never said it was okay. I straight up told you it was a dick move, and that you might want to reconsider. I should have been a bit more firm and without the "might" in that sentence, but I immediately said afterwards that it's not okay. You responded to that, as well.
Spoiler:
[11:43:23]ADMIN: PM: KingLouisXIV/(corgi)->Slurpieking11/(Corvin Atano): The Communism thing?
[11:43:54]ADMIN: PM: Slurpieking11/(Corvin Atano)->KingLouisXIV/(corgi): No the Gulaging people for not acting like a Russian I can't get in trouble for that right?
[11:44:18]ADMIN: PM: KingLouisXIV/(corgi)->Slurpieking11/(Corvin Atano): That's pretty dickish. You might want to reconsider.
[11:44:35]ADMIN: PM: Slurpieking11/(Corvin Atano)->KingLouisXIV/(corgi): Its Russia its what we do.
[11:44:58]ADMIN: PM: KingLouisXIV/(corgi)->Slurpieking11/(Corvin Atano): It's not okay.
[11:45:04]ADMIN: PM: Slurpieking11/(Corvin Atano)->KingLouisXIV/(corgi): Fine.
Your "flogging" was instead straight up harm caused with the Chain of Command, a fairly decent brute-damage weapon which could easily kill somebody. For simply being a "Capitalist" you stunned, cuffed (after she was in the permabrig for a while, no less) Melody, and sent her down into serious condition. After that, the Cyborg followed it's laws and stopped you from causing any more harm, to which you shouted out that it was rogue and tried to get it blown.
Spoiler:
[11:20:50]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Jorg Red(monotonical) shaked Corvin Atano(slurpieking11) </font>
[11:46:14]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Corvin Atano(slurpieking11) shot Melody Fea(titanlord142) with The laser</font>
[11:46:15]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Corvin Atano(slurpieking11) shot Melody Fea(titanlord142) with The laser</font>
[11:46:15]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Corvin Atano(slurpieking11) shot Melody Fea(titanlord142) with The laser</font>
[11:46:17]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Corvin Atano(slurpieking11) shot Melody Fea(titanlord142) with The laser</font>
[11:46:18]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Corvin Atano(slurpieking11) shot Melody Fea(titanlord142) with The laser</font>
[11:46:18]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Corvin Atano(slurpieking11) shot Melody Fea(titanlord142) with The laser</font>
[11:46:19]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Corvin Atano(slurpieking11) shot Melody Fea(titanlord142) with The laser</font>
[11:46:20]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Corvin Atano(slurpieking11) shot Jorg Red(monotonical) with The laser</font>
[11:46:20]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Jorg Red(monotonical) shot Corvin Atano(slurpieking11) with The electrode</font>
[11:46:20]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Corvin Atano(slurpieking11) shot Jorg Red(monotonical) with The laser</font>
[11:51:27]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Corvin Atano(slurpieking11) attacked Melody Fea(titanlord142) with chain of command(INTENT: HELP) (DAMTYE: BRUTE)</font>
[11:51:28]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Corvin Atano(slurpieking11) attacked Melody Fea(titanlord142) with chain of command(INTENT: HELP) (DAMTYE: BRUTE)</font>
[11:51:29]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Corvin Atano(slurpieking11) attacked Melody Fea(titanlord142) with chain of command(INTENT: HELP) (DAMTYE: BRUTE)</font>
[11:51:30]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Corvin Atano(slurpieking11) attacked Melody Fea(titanlord142) with chain of command(INTENT: HELP) (DAMTYE: BRUTE)</font>
[11:53:24]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Corvin Atano(slurpieking11) shot Paddler 5000(evilscotsman) with The laser</font>
[11:53:24]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Corvin Atano(slurpieking11) shot Paddler 5000(evilscotsman) with The laser</font>
[11:53:25]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Corvin Atano(slurpieking11) shot Paddler 5000(evilscotsman) with The laser</font>
[11:53:25]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Corvin Atano(slurpieking11) shot Paddler 5000(evilscotsman) with The laser</font>
[11:53:26]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Corvin Atano(slurpieking11) shot Paddler 5000(evilscotsman) with The laser</font>
[11:53:26]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Corvin Atano(slurpieking11) shot Paddler 5000(evilscotsman) with The laser</font>
[11:53:27]ATTACK: <font color='red'>Corvin Atano(slurpieking11) shot Paddler 5000(evilscotsman) with The laser</font>

[11:52:23]SAY: Corvin Atano/Slurpieking11 : Blow borg Paddler.
[11:52:37]SAY: Corvin Atano/Slurpieking11 : Help, borg rouge.
[11:52:53]SAY: Corvin Atano/Slurpieking11 : Blow borg Paddler.

You not only tried to take a good amount of people out of the round for no reason as a non-antag but you went the extra mile and proved yourself completely unfit to take a Command role like Captain seriously, resorting immediately to murder for a completely expected reaction out of a semi-standard Asimov unit. The cyborg got taken out of the round for the better half of an hour because of your actions, not to mention anybody else who got swept up in your tired Russian Dictatorship gimmick.

Due to your actions this round and your previous history, I see no reason to lift the ban at all. You claim you were going to put an end to it, but it came far too late after the damage had been done.

Your ban was for two full days, and I've placed in a Command jobban for a month, which I'm still considering extending after taking a second look at your notes. I'd prefer to get another admin's feedback on that before taking any more action on it, though.
Hibbles
Byond Username: HotelBravoLima

Post by Hibbles » #16483

Either you straight-up lied when you said an admin told you it was okay, or you were not capable of understanding what
[11:44:18]ADMIN: PM: KingLouisXIV/(corgi)->Slurpieking11/(Corvin Atano): That's pretty dickish. You might want to reconsider.
[11:44:35]ADMIN: PM: Slurpieking11/(Corvin Atano)->KingLouisXIV/(corgi): Its Russia its what we do.
[11:44:58]ADMIN: PM: KingLouisXIV/(corgi)->Slurpieking11/(Corvin Atano): It's not okay.
meant. Either is not a pleasant proposition. Louis has my full support to modify the ban if they think it's best.
RIP
rascal1002

Post by rascal1002 » #16499

When he said you might want to reconsider and it was pretty dickish I did fix it. At that time we were talking about is Gulaging was okay, when he told me its not okay I changed the punishment to flogging, and instead of having borgs send "Capitalists" to the Gulag I had them brought to me for flogging.
KingLouisXIV
Byond Username: KingLouisXIV

Post by KingLouisXIV » #16569

I've given it some thought over yesterday and decided not to modify your ban.

However, this also includes that your appeal is denied from me.

You acknowledged me when I asked you not to gulag people for no reason, and you decided that false arrests and beatings were a good choice instead. You need to realize that this is not an okay thing to do as a non-antagonist and that if anybody acting as Security really wants to dole out beatings, it better be for a very, very good reason.

Take some time to sit and reflect upon your actions taken during the round and how they inconvenienced the other players around you at that time; Don't dwell on the thought of, "But I tried to make it right!" - Come back in a day, and play out the rest of the month refining what it means to be placed as a Head of Staff or the Captain.