Appeals which have been closed.
cyfause
Byond Username: Cyfause

[Saegrimr] Cyfause - erp identity/appearance ban

Post by cyfause » #220439

Byond account and character name: CKEY: Cyfause, CHARACTER: Neposh Milos
Banning admin: Saegrimr
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Identity/appearance ban
Ban reason and length: "Consistently meeting up with WJohnston to ERP." Length: Permanent
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2016-09-26 || 21:54:56 (PST)

Your side of the story:
I had conducted sexually suggestive, and even at times, sexually active acts with WJohnsten in character. In my opinion, it was more initiated by WJohn himself.
I know - it doesn't matter how one-sided it may be, I could have stopped it at any time, and I apologise for not doing such.[1] Anywho, it is correct, that consistently, our characters were meeting up.
I'd play bartender as Neposh, and WJohn would come and hang out at the bar, and eventually, it would be possible we'd go somewhere to hang out in maint, or otherwise, in a pod or such.
A few times, (an estimate amount of times: 2, maybe 3) it got a bit sexual, and I kept suggesting (in character) that we should not be doing this on the facility.
WJohn's character was persistent in this (I don't hate you for this, WJohn, but please) idea of 'just a taste' (to be vague), and while my character sat on the chair, WJohn's character initiated the 'lewdings'.
No penetration, no nude touching (iirc, this happened in the showers at least once, but IF I'M CORRECT, with no emotive description of how touchy feely things got through 'me'). Just lap sitting.
While only lap sitting, I understand, yes - that's unacceptable. Though, I didn't want to break from the IC interaction into OOC, to stop it. I tried my best to end the situations quick from when they started.
It'd be wrong to say this was a form of unwanted sexual contact (icly), as both characters had developed over the span of... 2 days(? Can't really recall specifics at this time) and backstories developed.
The final straw that broke the camel's back was a shower event: WJohn's character had said something along the lines of "my cloaca is dripping for you." It was at this point I smacked my forehead in real life,
and accepted my fate. Unsurprisingly, immediately after, Saeg stepped in and banned us for a week. I didn't realize I was getting an identity ban applied as well, which is what surprised me.

Why you think you should be unbanned:
[1] I apologise for what I've done. There's no chance anymore for such things as this to happen, regardless of if I'm identity banned or not. It's given me a scare, WJohn has suffered punishment (admin removal).
If the identity ban were to be removed, I'd be able to play statics once more. Many might argue, statics are terrible and people shouldn't have them, but it gives a chance to develop interest in the game.
At least, in the sense of wanting to come back, [build character profiles, flesh out personalities of characters, et-cetera.][2] It shouldn't come as a surprise if I were to say,
"I don't play this game for the powergaming aspects."
I'm unsure if it's considered bad to wish for roleplaying in a sense of [2], at least, on Sybil, tgstation. I hope it isn't. I really enjoy, from the bottom of my feels: creating characters and backstories.
I'm fully expecting droves of comments such as "autism", etcetera, but I stay firm in what I believe is enjoyable on tgstation.
Roleplay.
I believe, I should be unbanned from the appearance/identity ban, because I can change. The ERP instance was isolated, there's no more chance for it from me. I'd like to stay unbanned from it, I'll not commit the same act, foolishly, twice.
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Re: [Saegrimr] Cyfause - erp identity/appearance ban

Post by Shaps-cloud » #220657

This ban is really awkward because it really, really should have been like 100% avoidable and I really don't understand why the situation at hand happened in the first place. That said, I recall going through the logs at the time of the original ban and remarking to myself that you really didn't do much compared to wjohn, who was a lot more active with his words. I'll talk to the other headmins once they're online and we'll get back to you
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
cyfause

Post by cyfause » #220683

Shaps wrote:This ban is really awkward because it really, really should have been like 100% avoidable and I really don't understand why the situation at hand happened in the first place. That said, I recall going through the logs at the time of the original ban and remarking to myself that you really didn't do much compared to wjohn, who was a lot more active with his words. I'll talk to the other headmins once they're online and we'll get back to you
Alright. I'll one explanation to maybe give a bit of light on why I wasn't as resistant as I should have been (as you said, 100% avoidable, this is true);
I just didn't want to hurt WJohn's emotions, as gay and fruity as that sounds. The lad's a good man, and I wouldn't have wanted to cause aggressive tension between us

I'll keep it at that and shut up, now
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #220715

Considering you've played all of one day with the identity ban, I think i'll leave it on a little longer.
You spent the first day back bitching in OOC about it bragging about how you should be the next punnnches, then decided to just stop playing entirely for more than two weeks before coming back yesterday.

It doesn't exactly have the desired effect if you just stop playing entirely, but if you're just turning it into a self-imposed permaban that's all on you.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
cyfause

Post by cyfause » #220752

Saegrimr wrote:Considering you've played all of one day with the identity ban, I think i'll leave it on a little longer.
You spent the first day back bitching in OOC about it bragging about how you should be the next punnnches, then decided to just stop playing entirely for more than two weeks before coming back yesterday.

It doesn't exactly have the desired effect if you just stop playing entirely, but if you're just turning it into a self-imposed permaban that's all on you.
Sorry to correct you, but the day I came back, I'd played a bit with the identity ban on (iirc, 1, maybe 2 rounds at most). Just the other day [yesterday], I'd played approximately 4 rounds (at least, I recall being 4 different characters) with the identity ban on before I decided there wasn't really much I could do in the form of roleplay.
Spoiler:
Tried to talk to the bartender as one of the random characters (surprisingly, random lizards are believable as statics as opposed to humans) and he was a memer. Tried doing so the sequential round, and they were slightly less of a memer but still I couldn't hazard any backstory. There's no stick to it.
The "bragging" was just me being pissed as fuck, and only lasted for the day, or two days after I'd got off the week long ban previous (2 method ban);
In short,
It's unappealing to play with the identity ban-- who would have guessed-- so I didn't play that much. "Self-imposed permaban", while correct, isn't a very fair thing to say.

I digress:
Mostly, [in this response] what I'm upset about is how you're interpreting my actions, and the fact that you've gotten that I've played "one day" wrong (I still think it should count as 2 days, and you may think this is inane, but it has its' own implications). If you could place yourself in my shoes, how would you react?

In conclusion, I'll ask: how long do you intend to keep the ban, based on what I've given here? What are the prerequisites I need to show to gain your sympathy (unbanning)?
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #220766

You're right, you connected again the following day for a total of maybe 10 minutes and left, I pulled logs for the total of 5 days throughout this month you've connected to the server to confirm what I was looking for.

>In conclusion, I'll ask: how long do you intend to keep the ban, based on what I've given here? What are the prerequisites I need to show to gain your sympathy (unbanning)?

A week, a month, a year? Depends on you.
Just play the game.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #220776

>Someone enjoys roleplaying
>Ban them from identity
>Expect them to play a roleplaying game

If you want to give someone a timeout, give them a timeout, don't do this stupid shit, appearance bans are for people who sign up as TYRONE MCNIGS with a pink afro and african skin tone, that's why they were added

I literally hate this fucking faggot cyfause or whatever in the OP, but this is a really bad trend Saegrimr, just ban him for a while instead of this stupid shit, you know it's retarded too man
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #220777

Did wjohn get an appearance ban too?
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #220779

Wyzack wrote:Did wjohn get an appearance ban too?
Correct, and he's logged in almost as much as Cyfause has on alternating days.
lzimann
Byond Username: Lzimann
Github Username: lzimann

Post by lzimann » #221962

I guess we are done here for now.